Anyone prefer Pop over CBR?

LoryBeth77

Earning My Ears
Curious if anyone prefers Pop over Caribbean beach resort? And if so why? Trying to decide between the 2. It will be myself, husband and 9yr old grandson :)

I'm speaking with zero experience, however I have planned trips for both, a trip to Pop April 2020 and a trip to Caribbean Beach this June. Pop obviously never happened and CBR hasn't happened yet. I'd bet you'd find a lot of people who prefer Pop. Pop is small in comparison, with one bus stop. Many people don't care for CBR's food choices, and some feel CBR's rooms are dated while Pops are relatively new. As far as theme and Pool, CBR wins in my opinion.

I do now. Mostly because I don't like the internal bus system (which at least is somewhat improved now since you can take the skyliner to HS and Epcot). Also, the buildings are too spread out for me.
CBR is pretty though.

My inlaws love CB but I can't figure out why when they both used scooters and had a hard time getting on a bus together because of the multiple bus stops. We love Pop. Not only the bright colors and oversize statues, but the one bus stop makes a huge difference when you have to use a scooter. Yes, we often end up waiting quite a while while people behind us are able to get on a bus, even pre covid, but we do get to ride together. We also love the new layout of the rooms with the murphy bed. It makes a big difference in the perceived space and was really nice for eating in the room in february. I have considered CB multiple times because it looks so pretty, but for the price and convenience issues for us Pop wins every time.

I’m Team CBR all the way if it is between those two. It was my first on-property resort so that gives it a special place in my heart. But to me it also feels warmer and more comfortable. Pop feels like a dorm or chic rehab center to me.

I have never stayed at CBR, have stayed at POP several times. I would still choose POP because I love the size of POP. It is a manageable walk to Skyliner/Main Lobby from even the farthest rooms. CBR (I have visited several times) is huge. It is lovely to look at but I would not enjoy being in some of the buildings which are quite far from the main building. My parents many years ago stayed at CBR when they were in their late 60s. My mom tells a story of them being hungry after they made it back to the room after a day in the parks and them eating out of the vending machine because neither could be convinced to make the long trek back to the main lobby area for food. :D

pop for sure over cbr. the food options are better i think and it is so close to aoa that i can eat there too. i don't like the resorts with internal buses and many stops so i'd always choose pop with one bus stop. and i love the new room decor.

pop for sure over cbr. the food options are better i think and it is so close to aoa that i can eat there too. i don't like the resorts with internal buses and many stops so i'd always choose pop with one bus stop. and i love the new room decor.
The bonus of Art of Animation is a good point! Our first trip to POP our room was toward the front of the resort and we didn't know it was just a short walk over the bridge to Art of Animation. The food options from POP and AoA are practically the same since Covid, but once upon a time AoA was serving up some really unique dishes and that resort just fun to look around. I think the gift shops in both POP and AoA are some of the best, too.

I stay at Pop often amd would choose it over most moderates for size alone. A lot of the moderates have an internal bus system amd I don't like that. Pop has 1 bus stop so I know if I'm getting on the bus that shows up or not.

We like the value of POP especially if we are not spending a bunch of time at the pool like for a January trip. However, I have to say that CBR has a better atmosphere and an actual restaurant. The Skyliner hub being at CBR makes for a direct route to Epcot & the Studios. It is close to the Riviera so you can also walk or hop on the Skyliner and enjoy their dining . I would choose CBR if money didn't make the difference.

I have not stayed at Pop but we did originally book it for next January (we’ve switched to AKL though and are renting points). The decision for us to stay at Pop over CBR was just financial, we were trying to save money where we could because our trip will be long.

I have stayed at CBR several timesand have always enjoyed. I strongly dislike the theming at Pop, I think it was a terrible decision on Disney’s part. I can get behind most of the All Star theming but Pop is bad IMO. Also watch a video of the value rooms so you know what you’re signing up for, they are teeny even with the murphy bed. CBR will get you a little more space, prettier and more relaxing atmosphere and theming, a water slide, etc. I like the food court at CBR, I wouldn’t choose one of these resorts over the other for the food court. Having covered bus stops to wait at vs a line is a big deal and a benefit to CBR. I also don’t think the internal stops at CBR are a huge deal. I think if I were a kid I would enjoy the CBR pool a lot more than Pop’s. CBR also has a neat island thing that is fun to walk through and they used to at least have these little water boat things your grandson might love.

Unless you are really striving to save money my preference is CBR. You probably can’t go wrong at either for the 3 of you. Go with what appeals to you most.

Last edited:
I just got back from a stay at CBR. My opinion is probably colored by the fact that we were in a (shabby, gross, expensive) pirate room. We Skylinered to POP for breakfast one day because a CM turned us away from taking the Skyliner to Riviera for breakfast, and one of my 5-year-old twins started melting down because she REALLY wanted to take the Skyliner to anywhere. They loved the look and feel of POP, and I wished I had stayed there and saved some money. We also wandered over to AoA, and they loved the playground there. But it depends on what amenities you will use, and what's open when you go. With half the restaurants closed, CBR really doesn't have more food options than POP. And my kids were scared to go to the big pool with the slide (too many rowdy older kids there), so we just went to the quiet pool in Trinidad. I basically felt ripped off by paying such high prices for a run-down and inconveniently located room at CBR. Would definitely choose POP next time (or rent DVC points or something).

I just got back from a stay at CBR. My opinion is probably colored by the fact that we were in a (shabby, gross, expensive) pirate room. We Skylinered to POP for breakfast one day because a CM turned us away from taking the Skyliner to Riviera for breakfast, and one of my 5-year-old twins started melting down because she REALLY wanted to take the Skyliner to anywhere. They loved the look and feel of POP, and I wished I had stayed there and saved some money. We also wandered over to AoA, and they loved the playground there. But it depends on what amenities you will use, and what's open when you go. With half the restaurants closed, CBR really doesn't have more food options than POP. And my kids were scared to go to the big pool with the slide (too many rowdy older kids there), so we just went to the quiet pool in Trinidad. I basically felt ripped off by paying such high prices for a run-down and inconveniently located room at CBR. Would definitely choose POP next time (or rent DVC points or something).

The regular rooms aren't much less shabby and gross Im afraid. CBR is the dumpiest resort on Disney property IMO.

We prefer POP to CBR (depending oh how many people you’ll have in a room).

For your party, I would book POP. People complain that the room is small, but you can store all of your luggage under the one bed and then we always flip the other bed up during the day - super easy. I feel like you’d have more open space that way than you do at CBR?

The primary issue we have with CBR is how spread out it is. POP is so much smaller. I hate the internal bus loop at the moderates - adds so much time at the beginning or end of the day.

I also enjoy being able to go to AoA’s food court or easily hop on an AoA bus to get home from a park (if one arrives sooner).

I will admit: I don’t love POP’s theming, but I find it tolerable. I wish they would have stuck with strictly IPs rather than the obnoxious decades decorations, but I know some people love them and that’s ultimately not what I’m there for.

I have never stayed at CBR. I have stayed at the other moderates. I did not think I would like Pop- as a matter of fact, I thought I would hate it. Actually, I love Pop! I love the shadowboxes in the lobby with memorabilia from each decade. I love the smell in the lobby. I love the Skyliner. My husband and I choose to stay at Pop now because of the Skyliner and because of the fun atmosphere.

We’ve stayed at both and prefer CBR all day. Having Riviera right there doubles the dining options. The pool area is large and has two slides + a splash pad area + hot tub + excellent theming. The beach, the island, the outdoor bar at Banana Cabana, no transfer for Skyliner, better lobby, two beds instead of one + a pullout.

Multiple stays at Pop. One stay at CBR pre Skyliner opening. Thought CBR was too spread out. Was in the Jamaica section it was a hike to food court area. It was about 50 degrees outside so I didn’t make it to CBR’s themed pool. I would think a 9 year old would like the big character statues around Pop. If you wanted a more adult trip I would definitely recommend the Gran Destino Tower at Coronado Springs. It’s super nice but not really geared towards little kids.

I always pick a moderate over a value. I like the fact that the moderates have the little quiet pools, I like that they have hot tubs at the big pool (which is great for my old body after a long day). I haven't stayed at CBR in awhile but I didn't feel it was too spread out and never used the internal buses. My village had it's own bus stop and it was second to the last going to the parks. Coming from the parks I just got off on the first stop and walked to my room. Now, I think I'd enjoy being able to walk over to Riv. The skyliner doesn't matter to me, I'd actually prefer to stay in a non-skyliner resort because I'd rather take a bus. The rooms are slightly larger in the moderate resorts as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter