Anyone Overnight in Toronto (Westjet) from Atlantic Canada recently?

Adora

DIS Veteran
Looking for anyone who may have overnighted in Toronto recently. Perferably the last two months from one of the Atlantic provinces and with Westjet lol

Did you have to pick up your luggage and take it to the hotel with you overnight? Or did you leave it at the airport?
I have been reading conflicting stories and looking for someone who has done it recently as Westjet changed both our flights (to and from) from Newfoundland to overnights.
Thanks

I'm from NL and did an overnight at YYZ in August (although it was with AC). In almost all scenarios I thought you were required to claim baggage for overnight flights. I've overnighted a few times over the years and I was always required to get my bags. You can always ensure pick up by asking the gate agents in St. John's to only tag the bags for YYZ.

Update: I asked at the airport and she said it could be tagged to go str through. So I didn't have to pick up my luggage at either overnight. It was so great.

Update: I asked at the airport and she said it could be tagged to go str through. So I didn't have to pick up my luggage at either overnight. It was so great.
We flew WJ out of Moncton, end of June, and we needed to pick up our luggage. We had to print new tags in the morning and send them through the US baggage scanner. Same as the way back.

I am flying to Toronto Oct 5 West Jet, staying overnight in the Gateway Sheraton then continuing on in the AM on the 6th on the 10:15 am flight to ORlando. Now, I don't know if we should pick up bags or have them sent onto Orlando without us. I thought we would have to pick them up as we have to clear customs in the AM I am thinking, and then recheck them thru to ORlando?? I am not sure how it will work. Our flight is all one flight (we just chose the longer layover/overnight so we did not have to take a red eye and wait 5 hours in the morning in Toronto for a connection to ORlando.

I am flying to Toronto Oct 5 West Jet, staying overnight in the Gateway Sheraton then continuing on in the AM on the 6th on the 10:15 am flight to ORlando. Now, I don't know if we should pick up bags or have them sent onto Orlando without us. I thought we would have to pick them up as we have to clear customs in the AM I am thinking, and then recheck them thru to ORlando?? I am not sure how it will work. Our flight is all one flight (we just chose the longer layover/overnight so we did not have to take a red eye and wait 5 hours in the morning in Toronto for a connection to ORlando.
I was told you can do either way. If I wanted to pick the luggage up I could but then I would have to get new tags in the morning and check my luggage again. I wanted nothing to do with that if possible. We asked when we checked in at home (and MCO) to get the luggage tagged to MCO (or home on way back) and it found it's way the next morning on our flight. They gave us both boarding passes as well so we didn't have to deal with that either. (we were told that if it got there before us we may have to go ask to pick it up. )
We had air tags so we knew it was on the flight with us anyway.

I was told you can do either way. If I wanted to pick the luggage up I could but then I would have to get new tags in the morning and check my luggage again. I wanted nothing to do with that if possible. We asked when we checked in at home (and MCO) to get the luggage tagged to MCO (or home on way back) and it found it's way the next morning on our flight. They gave us both boarding passes as well so we didn't have to deal with that either. (we were told that if it got there before us we may have to go ask to pick it up. )
We had air tags so we knew it was on the flight with us anyway.
I was considering getting airtags for my luggage, but it's $140 for 4. Is it a worthwhile investment??

I was considering getting airtags for my luggage, but it's $140 for 4. Is it a worthwhile investment??
I felt it was worth it, and my friend (who bought 2 of my four) thought it was even more so. She loved looking and seeing the luggage was on the plane with us and that made her relax so much more on the plane ride. And since the battery can be replaced we can use it on any future trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter