Anyone managed to book a DAS using the chat facility?

leise

Mouseketeer
Has anyone in the UK managed to book a DAS through the chat facility from the UK? Every time I click on the link I get redirected to the home page of the UK site…which doesn’t seem to let you visit any DAS pages.

There's lots of pages that are apparently restricted to the US at the moment - might be worth trying a VPN set to US if you have one available.

Has anyone in the UK managed to book a DAS through the chat facility from the UK? Every time I click on the link I get redirected to the home page of the UK site…which doesn’t seem to let you visit any DAS pages.

Yeah I have done it, as said above, you need to be on a US VPN connection for it to work.

I phoned Disney direct and they said for UK visitors to do it the old fashioned way, go to Guest Relations at any of the parks

Yes we phoned them in the end, and they said the same, but that there were less queues to do so now!

I managed to do it today using ProtonVPN. It's a free VPN and lets you appear you are in USA. I started at 11:04 (wish I'd done it 4 minutes earlier) and it took roughly 3 hours to speak to someone. Be warned that about every 30 mins it looks like it has disconnected, but you are able to come out and back again and you're still in the queue.

Yes once you've completed the video call and if you're approved you will then connect to a different Cast Member via chat to do up to 2 pre booked attractions per day
If you can only book in person at guest services do they still pre-book 2 attractions per day of your stay? Sorry for all the questions- just thinking in case I can’t work out the VPN thing to do the chat. Thanks for any info 😊

If you can only book in person at guest services do they still pre-book 2 attractions per day of your stay? Sorry for all the questions- just thinking in case I can’t work out the VPN thing to do the chat. Thanks for any info 😊
No you can't do the pre-booking at guest services. Once you've had approval for DAS at Guest Services, it's possible that you might be able to log on later on in the day and do the pre booking where you are staying. Just be aware that a lot of the best rides will already have been taken as the window opens up 30 days before you go. For example I wanted Slinky Dog Dash on April 13th and there were no slots that day at all. I did get a slot on 18th April though.

We were able to sort out the DAS in person on our first park day in December. The CM couldn't pre book anything using DAS for that day or the next day, but she was able to pre book the rest of our stay with no issues. We were able to book on the app for the first two days ourselves, but obviously only one DAS at a time.

thanks for all the info. We're going to try doing the chat when we're a month out. Hopefully it will work.
My son-in-law has had a DAS (and a GAC before that) for many years.
He really can't do WDW without it.
This year my husband probably needs it (in treatment for stage 4 cancer - the trip is going to be in the middle of treatment), but he's not really going to ride the rides at all, so no point in getting a DAS for him.

Sorry for bumping an old thread but didn’t want to start a new one.

I need to do the DAS video chat this weekend but on the disabilities board in the FAQ topic about it they’re saying that people using VPN might be blocked by Disney now and I’m just wondering if anyone has any recent first hand experience doing it? Like within the last few weeks?

Hi, yes I did the chat facility via VPN last weekend. There were no issues other than the 3 hour wait and the fore mentioned logging you out every half an hour. It’s quite disconcerting as it happened mid chat as well! But it does always return when you log back in.

I did it yesterday and wrote about my experience on the disabilities board in the main DAS thread. I used Chrome and VPN and clicked to join the queue at 12:02pm and only waited a few minutes before video chatting with a CM. I was done with everything by 12:50pm with one log out at 12:30pm.

The only issue I ran into was because I’m staying offsite they wouldn’t let me book my full trip yesterday, only the days that were already in the window and so I’ve got to keep going back to the chat for the preselection every day to do the rest of my trip even though some CMs are letting onsite people do their full trips in that one chat. Highly annoying I’ve got to waste time doing this everyday now.

I did it yesterday and wrote about my experience on the disabilities board in the main DAS thread. I used Chrome and VPN and clicked to join the queue at 12:02pm and only waited a few minutes before video chatting with a CM. I was done with everything by 12:50pm with one log out at 12:30pm.

The only issue I ran into was because I’m staying offsite they wouldn’t let me book my full trip yesterday, only the days that were already in the window and so I’ve got to keep going back to the chat for the preselection every day to do the rest of my trip even though some CMs are letting onsite people do their full trips in that one chat. Highly annoying I’ve got to waste time doing this everyday now.

you did it exactly at 30 days?
i think that's today, but the person who needs the DAS isn't available today so that's annoying....
i told him it's today but he wants to do it no saturday (he's my son in law)
i wonder if they even work on saturdays...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter