• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ANYONE leaving tri state area NY on

SPINNER

Mouseketeer
the first week of JANUARY...LEAVING LONG island ny on JANUARY
4, SAT VIA RT. 95....
FIRST TIME in an rv, many times driving class B
or my car.....
any advice as to good stops for a little shut eye on the road.....
CHECK IN ft. wilderness JAN 6......YIKES...
spinner &Co.
hey, I MADE ANGELS IN THE SNOW TODAY...........:Pinkbounc

How long did you plan to drive? Straight thru? Or are you doing it in more than 1 day?

gonna stop evening of jan 4and jan 5th
plan to arrive jan 6 ft. wilderness check in.............................. used to at holiday inns......
now looking either rest stops or camground close to 95
spinner & co.

On our most recent trip we drove straight thru to a KOA in Yemassee, SC near Beaufort. Actually felt it was a little long to drive. On the way home we stopped there again and the next night at another KOA, this time in Fredericksburg, VA. That one was not quite right off 95, but a very nice place. PM me if you have any questions:D

We will keep you in our prayers for good driving weather, and will be curious to hear about how your trip went, since we'll be doing the same route from NE CT in July (no snow then, at least).

Safe journey:cool:

We usually overnight at a Flying J on our trips to WDW. We will pull in, gas up, and find a nice parking area with all the other motorhomes. We'll shop a little, crank up the generator, cook dinner, enjoy a movie, and crash for the night. Even my 70-year old mother did this with us, and she now agrees that it is quite safe.

Check out their website at flyingj.com for your route. You may also have time to sign up for their Flying J customer card (a free card that saves you a penny a gallon).

Have fun planning for such a long trip--I envy you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter