Anyone know where this Sorcerer Mickey doll is from?

irlandaise

DIS Veteran
I have this Sorcerer Mickey doll that's about 11" or 12" high (depending on whether his feet are pushed up or not). It has a metal tag on the foot that says "Limited Edition of 2,400." I found one like it for sale on eBay but there was no info except the size and the tag text. I even searched for the item number stated on the label but came up empty.

I've only ever been to Disneyland and WDW, so that narrows down where it could have come from if I bought it, but I'm pretty sure it was a gift. I had a friend who also went to the Disney parks in Paris, Tokyo, and Hong Kong, and I think she sent this doll to me. Sadly, she passed away a couple of years ago, so I can't ask her. It's also possible that another friend got it at DL or WDW.

Does anyone know more about this doll? There are lots of Sorcerer Mickey dolls floating around, but this one has a distinctive pattern on the hat and of course that unique foot tag.

Thanks!

IMG_2003.JPG

IMG_2005.JPG

IMG_2004.JPG

IMG_2008.JPG

IMG_2010.JPG

There have been lots of styles of Mickey Mouse plushies been made over the years but Sorcerer Mickey plushies are always been popular because The Sorcerer's Apprentice is one of the popular segments from Fantasia. This Sorcerer Mickey plushie I think came out when the 25th Anniversary Celebration of Walt Disney World happened in 1997 because that's when Sorcerer Mickey plushies became very popular and most sought-after for Disney collectors and were scarce to find in Walt Disney World when the celebration began in 1997. Another guess would be that your Sorcerer Mickey might've been a Disney Catalog exclusive as a free item when people preordered Fantasia 2000 on video and DVD. Because I have never seen a metal tag on any Disney plushies before so I think yours must be a special edition made exclusively for Disney Parks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter