Anyone know the location of this site?

Memph1s

DIS Veteran
Or if it is real site or if the picture is "Photoshoped"? Looks to be a premium site with the new grill and picnic table. But the grill looks out of place. Most of the premium sites have the grill at the back left-hand corner of the paved pad. This site also looks like the driveway is one monolithic unit like the new section of the 600 loop, not the patchwork of the converted sites where they just added a strip to the old driveway and filled in the sand pad.

Take a look

Disney really uses creative license with their adds and vacation videos. If you believe the last vacation planning DVD I got:
There are no paved roads or sidewalks in the campground. They show a class A driving down a dirt road through the woods with people walking and riding bikes on paths.
The campfire program is about 6 guest sitting on logs around a ground campfire with Chip and Dale, the singer, and a couple of other CMs.

Oh, and is that a Disboard sign in the window of the RV?

I want that site on my next visit, I will even spring for the Premium price.

It is not a premium site, although the grill and table do appear to be the new style. There is not enough concrete width to be premium. It should be about 8 feet from the MH pictured, to the edge of an extended awning. I didn't see the other items you mentioned, so I cannot comment on them.

Good catch.

There is definitely some photoshopping going on there.

And, here's something else . . .

This is a screen cap of the photo Memphis is referring to:

WDWsite1.jpg

Well, check this out and tell me if this isn't fishy.

On the WDW site, there is a new link to a PDF or a Fort Wilderness brochure.

Here's the link:

Fort Wilderness Brochure

The brochure is pretty nice.

And fairly accurate.

But look at this photo:

WDWsite2.jpg

When I first saw this photo, I immediately noticed that something looked wrong. It looks like the RV is pulled into the site on the wrong side, and where are all of the electric and sewer connections?

Well, if you notice, that photo is a reverse of the one on the website.

Weird. :confused3

And, then there's this:

WDWsite3.jpg

Also a misrepresentation.

The new sites on the 600 loop back up to water. But, look at the grill and the sand and old picnic table- this isn't the 600 loop. So maybe it's the 1500 loop? But, that ain't a tent or pop-up camper parked next to that happy family is it? :confused3

TCD

If I remember right, before they came up with the Premium site classification, they completely made over a few campsites and repoured the pad with the extra pavement. I think they were either in the 1300 or 1200 loop.

They did this along the same time period when they tried the couple of pull through sites.

IF I am remembering correctly. :confused:

When I first saw this photo, I immediately noticed that something looked wrong. It looks like the RV is pulled into the site on the wrong side, and where are all of the electric and sewer connections?

Not to mention the entrance step placed on the drivers side of the MH.

I've seen that "flipped" image thing used several times in Motorhome magazine or Trailer Life...where the entrance to the RV is on the wrong side. Do they NOT think people will notice something so blatant? Or do they not care?

I think that this must be in the UK!
If you notice, the curve of the instrument panel on the dash in front of the driver is on the Right side.
This could be a real problem if you imbibe a little too much.

Good catch.

There is definitely some photoshopping going on there.

And, here's something else . . .

This is a screen cap of the photo Memphis is referring to:

WDWsite1.jpg

Well, check this out and tell me if this isn't fishy.

On the WDW site, there is a new link to a PDF or a Fort Wilderness brochure.

Here's the link:

Fort Wilderness Brochure

The brochure is pretty nice.

And fairly accurate.

But look at this photo:

WDWsite2.jpg

Well, if you notice, that photo is a reverse of the one on the website.

Weird. :confused3

And, then there's this:

WDWsite3.jpg

Also a misrepresentation.

The new sites on the 600 loop back up to water. But, look at the grill and the sand and old picnic table- this isn't the 600 loop. So maybe it's the 1500 loop? But, that ain't a tent or pop-up camper parked next to that happy family is it? :confused3

TCD

When this new pic of the big rig and the mickey lamp post appeared sometime last year on the Disney reservation page, I was wondering the same thing about where this was. This may be a silly observation, but when we were camping last August, we were looping the 700 loop and actually saw that trailer with the same mickey lampost. I told my wife that was the same one on the web. Do we know who actually owns that rig? Is it a disboarder?

Or if it is real site or if the picture is "Photoshoped"? Looks to be a premium site with the new grill and picnic table. But the grill looks out of place. Most of the premium sites have the grill at the back left-hand corner of the paved pad. This site also looks like the driveway is one monolithic unit like the new section of the 600 loop, not the patchwork of the converted sites where they just added a strip to the old driveway and filled in the sand pad.

Take a look

Disney really uses creative license with their adds and vacation videos. If you believe the last vacation planning DVD I got:
There are no paved roads or sidewalks in the campground. They show a class A driving down a dirt road through the woods with people walking and riding bikes on paths.
The campfire program is about 6 guest sitting on logs around a ground campfire with Chip and Dale, the singer, and a couple of other CMs.

Oh, and is that a Disboard sign in the window of the RV?

I want that site on my next visit, I will even spring for the Premium price.

I don't see anything unusual with that site except my 35' coach

Wow, I can't believe it. I think I had a pic of this site all along and Its a for real campsite in FW. I still don't know where it located. My apologies to Disney for accusing them of creating a phony site.
IMAG0119.jpg

What do yall think?
WDWsite1.jpg

I don't know. I was seeing if I could post a Pic directly from my phone to another site and randomly picked this pic off my phone from our trip last Halloween. When I went to check the post and saw the pic in my post it clicked. Hey, I think that's THE SITE. I had that pic in my phone the whole time. But I don't remember where it was taken . It was just one of hundreds that I took on that trip. How weird that I picked that pic to post.

Wow, I can't believe it. I think I had a pic of this site all along and Its a for real campsite in FW. I still don't know where it located. My apologies to Disney for accusing them of creating a phony site.
IMAG0119.jpg

What do yall think?

I think you're close!

That's my wife Carol and I . . . last Halloween.

Site #707 - right beside the entry to the pet walk area which runs behind the 800 loop.

Here's a picture before we set up the Halloween decor!

WDWOctober2010138.jpg

I think the site in the Disney picture is probably #704 at the bend in the road and with the rail bed in the back!

They are all great sites in that end of the 700 loop!

Thanks, I will definitely have to take a closer look at the 700 loop next trip. Do a lot of the sites have the offset pad and grill? I like how the grill is out of the way and how much room there appears to be between the campsites. No comfort station is kind of a bummer but I guess you guys in the big rigs really don't need a CS.

No, we don't use it much but the comfort station shared by the 400, 500 & 700 loops is not too far away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter