Anyone know of a laundry detergent or softener that REALLY smells nice?

karensi

My Family and Disney are my two favorite things!
Hi, I'm looking for suggestions for a laundry detergent or a softener that really makes the clothes smell nice/clean/spring like.
I was using the Tide pods with Downey Fabric Softener but that really doesn't seem to do the trick.
I just switched to using Snuggle Fabric Softener with a lilac scent along with the Tide Pods. I could smell the nice scent when I took the clothes out of the washing machine but when I took them out of the dryer the nice smell was gone.

Any suggestions for a nice/clean/spring like scent?

Thanks,

Karen

We use Cheer liquid, wish they'd make a pod out of it, but they don't. Love the scent of that one as well as Suavitel fabric softener. Everything smells so fresh and clean afterwards. I buy both from Walmart

Persil laundry detergent smells great. Doesn't take much, works fantastic. I use that and Downey.

Gain Apple Mango Tango & the Hawaiian Aloha are two of the best smelling laundry detergents that my nose has ever sniffed. They are heavenly, lol.

Also a Gain user. I overuse it though. Gain detergent + gain boosters. then Gain fabric softeners.
Sometimes, i can still smell the gain a month later...

I use Gain everything. Detergent, fabric softener, scent booster, Febreze, floor cleaner, air freshener, dish detergent. LOL

I tried the Gain carpet fresh, but that sucked.

My husband laughs at me when I buy fabric sheets I always smell all the boxes.... My favorite is Arm and Hammer Fresh n Soft Clean Burst!

Reactions: sms
We use Purex with Downey fabric softener and the Unstoppables. We are often told that our clothes smell great. Once in an elevator someone said "ok, someone in here smells incredible and I want to know what it is."

Scentsy has laundry detergent and washer whiffs in different scents. My favorite is Ocean which is the one I have right now. I sometimes get Scentsy Clean too.

I like Gain detergent's smell. I use the powdered detergent, not pods.

Wow! Thanks, so many suggestions. I have a lot to try although seems as if the Gain products take the lead right now.

Please keep in mind that the use of these products makes some of us sick. When the products are used on Disney property and/or clothing the is worn at a park or resort you are causing great debilitating physical harm to another.

Please keep in mind that the use of these products makes some of us sick. When the products are used on Disney property and/or clothing the is worn at a park or resort you are causing great debilitating physical harm to another.

I'm sorry that scents are a problem for you. What I like about Gain is that it is not overwhelming at all. It smells nice but doesn't offer itself as perfumed clothing.

I'm sorry that scents are a problem for you. What I like about Gain is that it is not overwhelming at all. It smells nice but doesn't offer itself as perfumed clothing.
Thank you. I don't have a problem with scents, I do with neurotoxins and an abundance of many chemicals. It would be grand if Gain did not cause pain and nausea. For some of us it does not come across as nice, it is beyond overwhelming, and more like you washed in a swimming pool of mosquito repellent AND the pain is overwhelming. I think some people are just not aware and really don't want to harm another in such a profound way. I just would like DIS friends to be in the know.

Liquid Tide with Downy and Gain usually have noticeable fragrances after the dryer for me. I've tried the beads like the Downy Unstoppables but don't find the scent noticeable enough to make it worth the extra expense/laundry purchase. I always purchase the expensive scented dryer sheets as well like Bounce or Gain, which helps. I could also depend on your machines - mine are old and the scent is hit or miss for me, but when I've done laundry on my parents' new machines, I can definitely notice the scent after.

I use Gain and Gain fabric softener, original scent. It's one thing I splurge on (although I could make my own for much cheaper) because it smells so good to me. Simple pleasures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter