Anyone hear anything on removing the “no park hopping till 2pm” rule?

OP here! We did it! Last Friday we rope dropped MK—first ones on BTMRR & after rides/snacks we monorailed to Contemporary, bused from there to to AK & did FOP & snacks & drinks at Nomad lounge (great place to sit & recharge!!), bused to Hollywood Studios & rode toy story mania, rock n roller coaster & ate dinner at Sci Fi, then skyliner to EPCOT
We were BEAT but I’m so happy to say we did it!!

we would have liked to have hopped earlier than 2, we were done with what we wanted to do in MK by 11, but 4 parks in one day with 2pm start time is definitely doable!!

When restaurants hit full capacity, 2pm hopping may affect covers.. I mean most days I stay at BCV or BWV, I would often visit Epcot for an early breakfast, brunch or lunch then hop to our planned park.. perhaps a change could occur when it hurts the bottom line of the restaurants?

I agree with the folks posting about hopping due to restaurants. Epcot is a favorite lunch destination; at least for us. (Especially on an MK or DHS morning.)
If they think the virtual queue of ROTR will be effected, then just leave the VQ open to those who DID have the DHS reservation for the day - not people who are hopping there.

They won’t remove this as people have put up with it and it massively reduces operational costs (staff only as required, supplies as required, planning etc) so it’s more money in the coffers. Plus with the Key in DL they’ve monetised the park reservation system as well- have to buy a more expensive pass to get more reservations, wouldn’t surprise me to see similar at WDW.
So they have to keep it otherwise the park reservation system is pointless.
Until the ‘fools and their money’ stop going, they won’t change it.

Hey! I resemble that remark! 😂

Since it’s been awhile for us at WDW, does AP allow park hopping?
We used to go wherever we wanted, at any time, with our APs.
Soorry if asking this if in the wrong place.

Question about hitting capacity limits after 2:00 - I have a reservation for dinner at Le Cellier on a day I have a MK reservation - would my dinner reservation guarantee me entrance to Epcot - at least close to the time of that reservation even if the park hit capacity? This is for Friday 11/5 - so with Food & Wine are there still a lot of locals that go to Epcot on a Friday night? I didn't even think about making my reservation for the same park I had dinner plans at when I booked.

Question about hitting capacity limits after 2:00 - I have a reservation for dinner at Le Cellier on a day I have a MK reservation - would my dinner reservation guarantee me entrance to Epcot - at least close to the time of that reservation even if the park hit capacity? This is for Friday 11/5 - so with Food & Wine are there still a lot of locals that go to Epcot on a Friday night? I didn't even think about making my reservation for the same park I had dinner plans at when I booked.
Yes. I had a similar question and was told due to a reservation I would be able to hop. Just not until after 2

It has not actually happened that there was no hopping allowed due to capacity issues. Technically it could happen, but the odds are practically nil, except maybe around the absolutely busiest times of the year. The chances of not getting into Epcot are pretty slim as it has the highest overall capacity (so much space). It's not something that should worry you too much.

I also hope they remove this rule, especially with another virtual queue/boarding group coming up with Remy. I would like to attempt to park hop between Epcot and HS and attempt to get both boarding groups (start in HS and try for RotR and head over to Epcot for Remy for the second virtual queue at 1pm - assuming the system is identical). Looks like I would be able to.
That's exatly why they have the parkhoping timwe set to 2 PM it's so that people who are in other parks can't get a baording group for a ride in aother park. The rerason it was broken up was to help space out the groups and to keep people in the park becuse people would leave the park if they didn't get in in the morning.

That's exatly why they have the parkhoping timwe set to 2 PM it's so that people who are in other parks can't get a baording group for a ride in aother park. The rerason it was broken up was to help space out the groups and to keep people in the park becuse people would leave the park if they didn't get in in the morning.
True…but with IA$ (or LL+ not sure of proper acronym) someone may be able to do this anyways…so kind of crappy you can do it if you pay but rules prevent people from trying to do it for free?

True…but with IA$ (or LL+ not sure of proper acronym) someone may be able to do this anyways…so kind of crappy you can do it if you pay but rules prevent people from trying to do it for free?
Nope I don't see any problems with if someone wants to pay extra for the lightning lane. There is a big of a difference between the virtual ques and the paid lightning lane, the virtual ques use the regular ques well the lighting lane will use a separate que.

And, really, there isn't anything preventing anyone from having a park reservation at the park. People self-select which, if any, boarding passes they have a chance at.

Imagine if they did allow everyone to try for the boarding passes at all parks. The only people that would get one would be those with super-quick fingers, because everyone would be trying regardless of which park they had. They are going pretty quickly already when the allowed people are limited to those with park reservations.

And, really, there isn't anything preventing anyone from having a park reservation at the park. People self-select which, if any, boarding passes they have a chance at.

Imagine if they did allow everyone to try for the boarding passes at all parks. The only people that would get one would be those with super-quick fingers, because everyone would be trying regardless of which park they had. They are going pretty quickly already when the allowed people are limited to those with park reservations.
Or they could do it the way that they did before the reservation system and you need to be in the park to get a boarding pass.

Or they could do it the way that they did before the reservation system and you need to be in the park to get a boarding pass.

There was a reason that they changed it. A horde of people would be in the park just to get a boarding pass. Then the rest of the limited rides in HS would be slammed with all the people.

But wouldn't those people be park-hoppers who would be able to move to another park to avoid the crowds if they didn't get a boarding group (or got a later group) then come back later in the day when the park was empty?

That's what I did, and was the beauty of park hopping at any time of the day.

There was a reason that they changed it. A horde of people would be in the park just to get a boarding pass. Then the rest of the limited rides in HS would be slammed with all the people.
That was awful. We were there something like 5:30 in the morning and it was a zoo. This was January 2020. And if you didn't get a BG, you were stuck for that park for the day with a base ticket. At least now people can change up their plans.

That being said, I still think they could find a way to let people hop before 2 p.m. :)

Edited to say 2020 not 2019

That being said, I still think they could find a way to let people hop before 2 p.m. :)

I think they could, but I don't think Disney IT is capable.
They could allow you to change your reservation even after you are in your first park. They could limit the available day-reservations that were available to keep people from park-hoppers from swamping one park before the early birds left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter