Anyone have the Canon Powershot s80?

I have the Canon Powershoot A95. I love it. It takes great pictures. I am sure the A80 is just as good. I highly recommend it.

I do!

It is my new toy! I've only had it a week but I purchased it because of the great reviews of the earlier 'S' series model and that it was more 'wide angle' than my first digital.

I still love my first digital- the Canon Powershot A80- an earlier version of the A95.

One reason I picked up the S80 was that I had Amex 'points' that I needed to use so I 'spent' it on the S80. I love the larger LCD screen and the way it lets you know what mode it is in. The 8 MP was a selling point as well as the wider angle lens.

It is also a nice size- not too small but small enough.

Update,
I went ahead and bought the Canon Powershot s80. I ordered it thru...
http://www.willoughbys.com/shop/home.aspx
I had it next day delievered and it arrived this morning.
I haven't had time to play with it but so far, so good!
I love it's look. Some may not care for the black look rather then silver look of most cameras.
I am dying to use the different settings, including two- fireworks setting and kids setting. Apparently the kids settting helps capture pictures faster since kids are always on the move. (I have a toddler boy and I can't begin to tell you how many photos I've missed due to the slowness of my older digital camera. I do have a film Rebel I dig out from time to time to help with this.)
The charger is awesome! It has a about the size of a deck of cards with a plug in the back. No cables! My older digital had this big bulky thing with a long cord.
The screen is HUGE!!
It seems easy to use. I will need to read the manual since it has more settings then a usual point and shoot.
We are leaving for Disney on the 8th. I hope to have the camera mastered by then!

Congratulations! I hope it is a great camera for you. One thing to consider, I don't know about your old camera, but make sure you have a memory card that is big enough to take lots of pictures.

I just got a call from hubby and he bought me a 1 gig card!! Woohoo!
That will last a few hours before I'll have to upload my photos! :rotfl:

Dan Murphy said:
I just got an S2 IS. A new learning curve ahead.

Hurry up and post some photos! :teeth: :goodvibes And let us know how you like the camera. I've been thinking about getting one as my backup camera.

Well, however good they come out (I am sure there will be thousands of bad ones, LOL), they will pale next to yours, TwoOldPoohs. I love your photos. :goodvibes

Dan Murphy said:
Well, however good they come out (I am sure there will be thousands of bad ones, LOL), they will pale next to yours, TwoOldPoohs. I love your photos. :goodvibes
Thanks, Dan! :blush: You know we all love your multimedia photo essays. :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter