Anyone have luck ordering from B&H?

ToodlesRN

Always Dreamin Of Disney
Im in the market for the Nikon D5500 with the lens set including 18-55mm and 55-200mm lens for $1255.00 w/tax at best buy.

Someone mentioned to me at best buy try the B&H website much cheaper and no tax! I can get the same lens kit for $1083.00

My question; Anyone ordered from them with good results? I do know some sites sell import models hence the cheaper price. I online chatted with B&H and asked if the Nikon are US and come with the warranty and I was told yes. No import models are sold.

Im thinking about ordering from B&H to save on the tax and the lower price.

Thanks!

I haven't ordered from them, but I have visited their superstore in Manhattan, several times. Their reputation is stellar and the quality of their merchandise is top drawer. They stand behind everything they sell.

I have ordered both new and used equipment from B&H with no issues at all. They have a very liberal return policy. I would not hesitate to order from them again, they are very reputable. I also have ordered from Adorama and Cameta Camera online stores. Whichever of the 3 has the best price or the best price/warranty.

I use B&H frequently, and have never had a problem. Their prices are usually very competitive and their customer service has been excellent the few times that I've needed it. Very reputable!

They are one of the best out there. Depending on price, it will be either B & H or Adorama. I have had great service from both.

B&H is a top flight dealer, but don't expect a lot of hand-holding from them if you call them with any pre-sales questions. I've had no problems with them. They DO sell grey market items as well as USA models, but they clearly identify the grey market items as "Imported" on their web pages.

Agreed, it's the gold standard. I had a lens longer than the return period, but wasn't happy and they allowed me to still return it in exchange for another item. They are fast, reliable and responsive.

Another vote for B&H and Adorama. I have used both plenty and have always had great experiences. Adorama usually packages extras like memory cards, bags and batteries for the same prices. B&H does it sometimes too. Buy from either with great confidence.

Order stuff (New and Used) from them all the time. Adorama is another good one to check out.

I'm another BH frequent mail order shopper.

Only complaint is the inconsistent free shipping. Sometimes it takes 2 weeks, sometimes it appears the next day in Cascadia. Huh... you get what you pay for.

With a DSLR... I would prefer to get it from a local store. If something goes wrong (rough handling by shipper)... returns are easier in person.

I've done returns with B&H and it was pretty easy but yes, not as immediate as an in person return. However, I've found their return policy to be much better than somewhere like Best Buy. I bought a used lens and decided to return it and it was a few days after the 30 day window and they still took it back no questions asked and refunded the charge on my credit card.

Have used B&H for decades. Never an issue, great customer service. Quick shipping.
Enjoy the new camera!

I ordered it! Can't wait to get my hands on it and try it out!! The store is closed today, so it won't be shipped until tomorrow and should get it by next week! Just in time for our trip to Aulani with a new camera!!!

The store is closed today, so it won't be shipped until tomorrow...
There's a hilarious Youtube video called "<Stuff> Photographers Say", and one of my favorite ones is "OMG! B&H again!!! Rosh Hashanah!!!" You do enough business with them and it's amazing how you find the Jewish calendar impacting your life even though you're a Christian!" :)

So true!!! I've had to wait for many a Saturday sundown to finalize my order!

Jumping on the B&H love bandwagon. Great prices, wonderful email customer service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter