• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone have advise for Easter in Disney

candylover

<font color=99CC99>While you may be touched by the
Hello All!

I need help.
I am looking for suggestions and lots of help.
I will be in Disney for Easter with 3 children.
I cannot seem to find any info.
What can we do to make the day special so the kiddies
wont miss home. I will make sure to send baskets but
what do we do about the eggs???
We always color eggs on the Easter eve.
The Easter Bunny hides them.....now what?
Also, I am confused about the Easter Parade.
I see it on t.v.... I was told it is taped.
Is it? Is there a Easter parade on Easter??? What can I do
now so I am sure to get in all the "special things.
Has anyone ever been there at Easter????
I am so nervous about this.
Thanks so much all of you are so great!

Candylover:confused:

We did Easter Week 2000 . . .it was a very crowded time, but we had a blast . . .

I don't know about the egg coloring tradition you have, but maybe you can bring some colored plastic eggs and leave them in a basket for the EB to hide and maybe you can put some small special thing in each one that is somehow disney themed?

We stayed at the Poly that week and there was a HUGE candy hunt for the kids there . . .there was so much candy, I was sorry I even made up baskets . . .You'd have to check with your hotel/resort if they have anything special that day. You can also make PS ressies at a character b-fast . . .but make sure you do that months prior to your arrival . . .as soon as you can . . .they book up pretty quickly.

The MK does have an Easter Parade . . .although it's not the one on t.v. . . .I don't even know when they tape that . . .The Easter Parade ran all week that I was there . . .you'd have to check the parade schedule . . .I wouldn't even get near the MK on Easter.

You'll have a wonderful time . . .the weather is always beautiful at that time of year! Just remember to take it slow and take in all the beauty of WDW.

:)

candylover...

my first trip to the World was Easter '01.

*********HOT ******** CROWDED ********TONS OF FUN***

We had three boys. The boys were concerned the Easter Bunny would not find us. We told them we left a message of where we would be. We also usually color eggs, but they understood why we could not this year. They were also so tired from their first day at Disney, they came in, bathed, and crashed.

They were quite excited when they awoke. I think we packed small baskets, not sure?

The parade is fun. My DS was lucky enough to be picked by Chip (or Dale, not sure) to dance in the parade, it was one of the best moments of our trip!!!!

I know this post is long, but be very prepared for a max crowd, I think there were 90k people in the park that day, it was about 90 degrees, but again, it was wonderful!!!

Have fun!!!

We have spent the last 3 Easter's in Disney & will go again in Easter 2003.

Easter Bunny always hides eggs & baskets at our house also, so here's what we did:

Bought plastic eggs & Easter themed gift bags. Hid the eggs & each one had a Disney $ in them, then we used the gift bags for the baskets. Each child gets Disney themed items such a t-shirt, beanie baby, more Disney $'s, Disney chocolate (purchased when we get there), Disney books, etc.

Using the gift bag idea will save money on shipping baskets & then worrying about bringing them home, plus getting Disney items for the basket may save money on souvenirs.

We were there for Easter week 2002-- it was SO crowded- but we've always gone during either Christmas/New Years or Easter week- so it was no different to us than normal (we are going AFTER new years eve this year & are wondering if it will feel different to not be in the parks at midight with a million people!):) The parade was fun- Mr & Mrs Easter Bunny came out on a float that stopped every block or so-- & a bunch of birds?? I think they were birds-- all dressed up in their Easter best-- came out into the crowd & collected any kid that wanted to & taught them how to do the bunny hop & then proceeded to bunny hop down main street-- it was very cute & all of the kids loved it because they didnt have to be picked to go up they just all went up! It was a lot of fun-- just figured you'd want to know what you were in for! oh and one more thing- if it's going to be too hard to hide baskets in the room what about having the front desk deliver a package to your room easter morning from the easter bunny with a note saying that he got the message that you wouldn't be home & he hopes you're having fun in Disney World? I know that when I was a kid if my parents tried to sneak around in the same room as me on a day like Easter or Christmas I would have heard them for sure!!Have SO much fun!!

WOW!
Thanks I have gotten so many great ideas.
You have all done great!

candylover

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter