Anyone had success/failure booking the rainforest room?

Hegemon

Mouseketeer
Hey all! We're going on our long-anticipated cruise this summer, and spending some relaxing time in the rainforest room is pretty high on my list. Now that you can't pre-book and have to reserve the entire room for your group once you board the ship, is it a run on the spa? Or are the spots pretty much wide-open? What have your experiences been like? Thanks!

We prioritized doing this as soon as we got on board because we wanted to make sure it happened. We weren't able to get our absolute top pick of times but there were still quite a few to choose from (6 night cruise). We were also somewhat limited in which timeslots were workable for us since we were early dinner seating and also aren't early risers. Note though that we were on a cruise of only 750 people on one of the smaller ships where the rainforest room isn't as nice. I suspect you'd need to hustle more if you're on one of the big ships with more people and a more desirable experience.

Good luck and I hope you have an amazing cruise either way!

We were able to get our pick of time slots right after boarding around noon on a Dream 4 night in October...cruise was roughly at half capacity. Book at the spa's front desk. It was wonderful!

We were on the 2/11 cruise on the Dream, which had about 1300 passengers. We went straight to the spa when we got onboard around 12:30pm and there was availability. Time slots started at 8am each day and then almost every 2 hours past that until 8pm. As we were booking, two other couples came in behind us to book the Rainforest room as well. We ended up doing an 8am-9:45am slot and it was a wonderful way to start our day! Based on our experience, I would say secure this reservation pretty quickly once on board if its a priority.

Has anyone had recent luck on Disney Magic? If on the Magic, did you go to Guest Services or Spa to book?

Has anyone had recent luck on Disney Magic? If on the Magic, did you go to Guest Services or Spa to book?

We booked it on the Magic last month. I think around 1:30ish (we ate lunch and walked around a bit before) we took the tour and booked right there in the spa. There were quite a few times available. 5 Night about 900 total people on board. There were 4 of us so we thought the price was good and we LOVED it.

We got off the Fantasy on the 19th. We didn't get into the spa until later in the day of the first day (boarding day) and it was a little difficult getting a time that worked around our activities we had already reserved. We settled on the fourth night of the cruise and were the last group of the night; which worked our great because we got a little extra time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter