Anyone Going to Toontown Reopening Tomorrow 3/19?

The number of nearly identical posts on Instagram extolling the $37 bucket-blanket-minuscule snacks was completely off putting. It’s a wonder there was any space to have a “picnic”… of a single mandarin orange, baybel and goldfish. 😆
I mean the baskets are cute, but they are … plastic. I do not get the frenzy at all. The blankets are actually really cute and could be useful. I did get the popcorn buckets for my kids but only because they wanted popcorn, then saw them, then begged me. I never buy popcorn buckets. 😆 I had a moment of weakness. They are cute though.

The lady in front of us just wanted the bucket and gave us her popcorn. I do wonder how many people are reselling/personal shopping these things. 🤷‍♀️

Oh my youngest would be all over the bucket and I’m sure would repurpose it at home in some fashion… but I’d pack my own snacks. And I am *not* frugal! Lol

My main beef is people (read: adult influencers) not getting them for personal joy but for the ‘gram/content. It feels so … hollow, wasteful, fake? I am an absolute Pollyanna but this is my one Dland trigger and why I now avoid opening days and even going on Instagram surrounding them if I can. Know thyself!

Oh my youngest would be all over the bucket and I’m sure would repurpose it at home in some fashion… but I’d pack my own snacks. And I am *not* frugal! Lol

My main beef is people (read: adult influencers) not getting them for personal joy but for the ‘gram/content. It feels so … hollow, wasteful, fake? I am an absolute Pollyanna but this is my one Dland trigger and why I now avoid opening days and even going on Instagram surrounding them if I can. Know thyself!
Somehow feels a little grosser when it’s happening in Toontown and little kids can walk through the land for the sea of adults buying and photographing merch.

I was hoping there would be “something” special on opening day, but there was nothing. They even released a special Magic Key giveaway print of the new Toontown … today … the day after the official opening. Wah-wah. 👎

I mean the baskets are cute, but they are … plastic. I do not get the frenzy at all. The blankets are actually really cute and could be useful. I did get the popcorn buckets for my kids but only because they wanted popcorn, then saw them, then begged me. I never buy popcorn buckets. 😆 I had a moment of weakness. They are cute though.

The lady in front of us just wanted the bucket and gave us her popcorn. I do wonder how many people are reselling/personal shopping these things. 🤷‍♀️

How long was the line for you? I can’t believe the lady gave away her popcorn. That’s the best part. 😂

I am completely triggered about the popcorn buckets after the Veterans Day popcorn bucket insanity of 2022. All my kid wanted was popcorn and we could not buy popcorn anywhere because the lines at all popcorn stands were at minimum an hour long- up to 3 hours- because of these adult influencers. I am so triggered my kids know not to even ask me. I have issues. 😂

The Cinderella carriage bucket is cute. If I can still find it next Sunday, I MIGHT cave and buy it.

How long was the line for you? I can’t believe the lady gave away her popcorn. That’s the best part. 😂
Well, let’s see, it was 8:30am when my youngest decided he “needed” popcorn. I don’t think the carts are usually even open at that time. 😆 I’m gonna say that rope dropping the popcorn cart is a killer strategy if popcorn is your number one priority. I think we waited 5-10 minutes. But in the end I was out $46 because one bucket for two kids is a recipe for disaster. 😵😆

I did get the popcorn buckets for my kids but only because they wanted popcorn, then saw them, then begged me. I never buy popcorn buckets. 😆 I had a moment of weakness. They are cute though.
Are those the El Capitoon Theater popcorn "buckets" I just found some photos of? I just found out about that "theater," which I gather is the building for MMRW. Cute name. Do they sell DVDs of a cartoon version of "Citizen Kane" in honor of the theater's namesake? 😁

Are those the El Capitoon Theater popcorn "buckets" I just found some photos of? I just found out about that "theater," which I gather is the building for MMRW. Cute name. Do they sell DVDs of a cartoon version of "Citizen Kane" in honor of the theater's namesake? 😁
In the end it’s a plastic box (😆) but still pretty cute … similar to what you can find inside the MMRR queue. The ingredients list on the side is funny (no spoilers, I’ll let others discover that for themselves). Lid opens at the top and so they will be functional for storing all the little things my kids love to collect, lol.

F944CD1B-F5D1-4ABD-A5D6-37011AFBE939.jpeg

When the MMRR line gets too long, they extend the queue out the back door.

Attachments

• 1679413016154.jpeg
    1679413016154.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 8
They started doing that about 4-6 weeks ago. Before they removed VQ.
Yes, my picture was from a few weeks ago. I shared it because people thought the basket line was for MMRR. If the back doors are open and the queue looks full in front, it is approximately a 70 min wait (if the ride doesn't break down).

We did Toontown in the rain this morning. Everything was open in the rain except the Gadget Coaster and splash pad. Roger Rabbit was temporarily down.

The artificial turf in many areas are nightmares in the rain. It looks like they didn’t install the proper drainage and CMs were trying to sweep the water off the grass for about an hour but were unsuccessful and finally gave up. The grass area near Roger Rabbit looked like a duck pond.

We did Toontown in the rain this morning. Everything was open in the rain except the Gadget Coaster and splash pad. Roger Rabbit was temporarily down.

The artificial turf in many areas are nightmares in the rain. It looks like they didn’t install the proper drainage and CMs were trying to sweep the water off the grass for about an hour but were unsuccessful and finally gave up. The grass area near Roger Rabbit looked like a duck pond.

Oh my goodness! What a disaster. I guess they’ll need to address that!

P.S. Props for braving the weather, the rain is no joke today! Sun just came out in San Clemente though. 🤷‍♀️ Wacky weather! 😆

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter