• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone going to CKU Provo next week?

Well I live here :) So I'll hit the stores (Course the sales havent been as good the past few years) but not the conference

-e

I attended in 2001, 2002, & 2003. There were SOO many stores! (most great!). I was shocked at the number that have closed...funny, seems like many of the ones I considered best closed! (but having had a scrapbook shop that was considered 'best', I remember that doing that requires a lot of capital...difficult to maintain in a less than loyal market that shops whoever has the latest and greatest at a penny cheaper! And now I am one of those shoppers...)
Many are going out of their way to give amazing discounts & goodie bags...they shall be justly rewarded w/ our patronage! Several have been downright rude when we have called asking for their specials for CKU students! TOO bad for them...I know I save a good chunk of my scrapbooking $ to spend at CKU! But not at their stores!
Kristin

I know its gotten weird here lately.. We've had several stores go under (Memory Lane, Paper Attic etc) which I hate but nothing really good to replace them- I mainly shop at Roberts and Pebbles in my Pocket with occasional trips out to Keeping Memories Alive and For Every Scrapbook (prob our newest- about 15 min north of me) and JoAnns...

I've also noticed the sales have shrunk in previous years- Back in the early years I'd spend hundreds on stuff now its only 40ish...

-em

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter