• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone going to CK Convention in Nashville?

TN Traveler

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone.......Creating Keepsakes is having a convention next weekend (3/11-12) at Opryland Hotel in Nashville. Is anyone here going to it? I'm planning to be there when the doors open Friday morning! I've not been to one before but so excited about all the neat stuff I've read and heard about. One of the ladies I'm going w/went to one in Nashville about 2 yrs ago and was telling me how much fun it is. She told me about this lady that had a booth there and is hoping she's back this year. She can't remember her name or the name of her company but she has 12 x 12 cardstock for .25 per page!!! What an awesome price!! She's trying to find out who this was but in the mean time I told her I would post a msg on here and see if anyone can help us.

Another question....On the website I read that you cannot have strollers or tote boxes on the display floor. I understand their reason for this but how in the world do you carry everything you bought? They will allow you to park your stroller or tote box in a "holding area" and go back and forth to it to put in or take out whatever you need but you have to pay for that. Have others of you had this problem? What did you do w/your items? What about those w/small babies? or worse yet, a todler!? They get heavy after a while! I have a great tote bag, similar to a beach bag that I thought about taking. It would hold alot of items altho after a while it would get heavy too. Any other ideas?

I'm so excited about going. Any hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Karen aka TN Traveler
:cool1: :goodvibes :banana:

I plan to go to the one in Charlotte in August...though I also planned to go last year and didn't manage it.

A small baby I would suggest using a sling, much like at WDW. For a toddler....hmmm...I think it would just be really tough to bring a toddler to something like that. If you're willing to carry, hold hands, etc...then go for it. But without a stroller maybe it would be more enjoyable for both mom and baby go their separate ways. I know I've often brought my whole family to events, but sent the kids and dh off to do something else while I do my thing.

Have fun! Let us know how it was afterward!

Thankfully I don't have that problem...my girls are 5, 8 and 13. I was thinking how difficult it would be for those that do have little ones.
I think I'll take a large tote bag for my purchases.
Thanks for the input
karen :flower:

You will have to tell me all about Nashville! :cool1: :Pinkbounc I am going to Manchester NH in May. Never been to a convention either. I watched and taped the scrapbooking shows when they were on QVC in January. I saw the memories to go shoulder tote. I am probably going to order that for myself. I have a rolling tote also. :rolleyes: Just means more things to buy! :teeth:

Don't forget, we need a update when you get back! :listen: :wave2:

Ah, funny....I guess I just pick up on the baby/toddler stuff since I have a little one (my kids are 1, 5 and 10) and most everyone I know does too!

I think I'd take a backpack or a big 'ol shopping bag for purchases. I've also been known (in my former mega shopping days) to make a trip to the car to unload and head back.

I just realized I'm not sure if I'll be able to go to the Charlotte convention in Aug because of my baby...LOL. Last year she was portable. This year I'm not sure if she'll be ready to have me gone for a whole day....I've just recently started leaving her for more than an hour or two at a time. Well, maybe I can send the rest of the family to Discovery Place or something....lol.

Definitely let us know how Nashville goes! Have you signed up for any classes?

No, I haven't signed up for any classes b/c I simply won't have the time. One of my GFs that is going, is planning to meet her DH down there for an evening alone staying in the Opryland Hotel Complex (LUCKY DUCK!) so she'll have extra time and is planning to take some classes. However, my other GF that is going, and I have to be back in town by 2:30 to pick kids up from school. It doesn't start until 10, so we plan to be there as soon as the doors open. But since it's almost an hour's drive to Opryland Hotel, we'll have to leave by 1:00-1:15 to be home in time to get the kids. :sad2: I had a major falling out w/my MIL about 4 weeks ago and haven't spoken to her since so really don't have anyone I can ask to pick the girls up or be here when they get off the bus. Guess we'll just have to shop fast, hit the high points and trust Jennifer to get what we miss!!
I'm already getting excited about it. :banana: Going to look over the list of vendors and get ideas of what to look for. Would be great if they had a map w/vendor locations.
Will be sure to let everyone know how great it was.
Karen :cheer2:

Ok--here's an update on CK Convention in Nashville that some of you asked me to post.

WAS AWESOME! Wish I could have had more time!! The admission was a little different than most conventions I've been to. You purchase your ticket at one spot and then go to another area to stand in line. Most places you purchase the ticket at the door as you go in. They give you a wrist band so you can come in and out of the main showroom floor and then you're good to go. Had AWESOME paper and stickers from Disney, all kinds of booths w/C/s. Lots of the booths had examples of L/Os hanging up and all you had to do was purchase the kit and put it together w/your pictures when you got home. They ranged anywhere between $10 to $15 and the more you bought, the less it was. There was one booth of really, REALLY pretty paper w/matching ribbons, tags etc in several different shades. I couldn't bring myself to buy anything from them until I looked around anywhere and then when I did go back to get it, the line was very, VERY long. I simply didn't have the time to stand in line for 20 + mins waiting to pay for something. I think that would be my biggest complaint, they needed more cash registers. Two things that got away from me that I regret not getting now.....someone had plastic tote boxes to hold c/s for $15. They would paint your name on the box w/a little daisy which was really pretty. I also missed out on getting some refill pages from Pioneer. They were $4 and passed them up thinking they were $4.29 at JoAnne's and w/a coupon could get them for $2. BUT they're actuallly $4.99 so I probalby would have come out better if I had bought them at the show.
Other than that I did pretty good. Paper was .50 to .75 for general C/S, solids less than patterned as always. Had alot of really pretty paper you normally don't find in your LLS or the craft stores. Lot os really neat die cuts and laser cuts that I hadn't seen anywhere before.

I'm very happy w/my purchases. Just wish I had had more time to stay longer and go to some classes.

Have a super day!!
Karen

Thanks for the update. I am glad you had a great time. I am even more excited for May now! :)

Thanks for the update. I'd love to have something like that close enough to go shop for the day. My cousin and I looked into going to this convention, but the weekend package for the two of us was $395.00/person. I know the hotel is really nice and I'm sure I'd have loved the event, but I just can't justify that kind of expense. I kept thinking of all the product I could buy with that amount :confused3. Maybe one day - lol. We are going to Hilton Head Island for Spring Break so I'm hoping to get some shopping done while there. Glad you had a great time.
Lisa
Tiger Fan

Hi All, I just wanted to add a note to this post for those that might be interested in the next CK Convention. Before you go on the main floor, take a few mins to go through the booklet that you are given at the door that has the floor plans, vendor maps and vendor ads. Two weeks later I'm finally getting a chance to go through the book and have found ALOT of disc coupons I could have used at different vendor booths. Most are only 10% off total purchase but 10% is 10%!!!
Also if you find a booth w/great products that you liked alot, make a note in your booklet about them. So far all of the ones I remembered liking have websites where you can go online and purchase from them direct.
Have a great day!
Karen :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter