• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

anyone going next week? (1/16-1/22)

I know I don't technically fall under the "going next week" crowd but will be there to overlap some of you from the 22nd-29th!!! I seriously can't believe it is almost here...really, I'm in shock. This will be my niece's (age 2) 1st WDW trip and our 1st stay in Bay Lake Tower villa (renting points)...wow!!!!

Let's hope for low crowds and high temps!!

IVY :)

Here now and it is very chilly! Almost had gloves on last night. It sounds like it is going to get warmer as the week goes on. DTD was insane yesterday but we were assuming it was just MLK crowds

We will be there from Jan 26th through Feb 1st. The weather looks like it may be in the high 60s low 70s. Perfect weather to me. Hopefully it will be low crowds.

I am all packed, checked in online, have all our paperwork....I'm ready:banana: Just have to work 5 days then we are our way to the airport and Disney:banana::banana: So excited:banana:

we head down thursday night friday morning for 7 days. we have a pool day planned for saturday and the 82 degree weather porjected for that day is thrilling me! waaahhoooo!

I dont even care how crowded it is! Im going to my Happy place~
:banana::cloud9:

We're here now, but leaving on the 18th. We book a stay every year in this same week for my birthday, and I have to say this is the most crowded we've ever seen it on these dates. The day we checked in, 1/12, was total chaos in the parks. We're used to the tour groups being out in force at this time, but there definitely seem to be more regular visitors as well. It hasn't hurt our visit at all, it's just made us adjust our plans some. WDW in high crowds is still better than being anywhere else in the world! :thumbsup2

We are leaving on the 21st. I am hoping for not too big of crowds but since free dining is offered during the time we are going I am guessing this will increase the crowds a fair amount. We picked this time due to the free dining so I am guessing many others did as well.

We are leaving on the 21st. I am hoping for not too big of crowds but since free dining is offered during the time we are going I am guessing this will increase the crowds a fair amount. We picked this time due to the free dining so I am guessing many others did as well.

I'm wondering about this as well. But I believe that when we went last year during the same time, free dining was also offered then and that didn't really affect the crowds much. I might be wrong though.

We booked through DVC so no free dining for us, though we enjoy DDP so we pay for it... we just go at this time for the low crowds and cooler weather. Hope the crowds stay low!

We went during a free dining period in 2010 at the end of November (right after Thanksgiving), and it really didn't appear to increase crowds. However, it was IMPOSSIBLE to get any ADRs any time near our trip (though I had made them far in advance, we did have a few while we were there that we wished we could have moved around at the time). This trip, I'm not doing any ADRs but I've been interested to see where I could get in; even as late as yesterday (leaving tomorrow), I could get good times for Le Cellier, CRT, Akershus, Sci-Fi, etc. It seemed like everything was open.

So here's hopin'. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter