Anyone going in November?

We are going November 14th-17th and are booked GCH for the first time! I’m excited to make our reservations next weekend! Still debating on which park to start each day in….. I too am hoping they will announce what the new AP program will be by then and if we can upgrade our tickets towards it. I’m also hoping FP/MP will be back by then too!
I have been starting to think about what park to start in too.. Having some sort of fast pass sure would be nice to have before go.... Happy planning!!

My current challenge is trying to figure out when holiday decorations + IASW will be up in November. I found old threads where the historical dates = 2nd Friday in November, which means my November 5-8 dates will miss IASW by a few days.

Thinking out loud:

1) Odds that holiday season/IASW overlay will reopen November 5?
2) WDW announced their holiday time schedule today starting Monday, November 8. Will DL follow suit? Their start dates roughly lined up in 2019 (11/8 DL & WDW) and 2018 (11/9 DL vs 11/8 WDW).

We are going November 14th-17th and are booked GCH for the first time! I’m excited to make our reservations next weekend! Still debating on which park to start each day in….. I too am hoping they will announce what the new AP program will be by then and if we can upgrade our tickets towards it. I’m also hoping FP/MP will be back by then too!
We will be at the GCH the same dates! I still keep going back and forth between 3 day and 2 day tickets (need to decide SOON!). We drive from the Sacramento area so can get there early afternoon if we leave really early AM. I'm thinking of doing DCA that arrival day and then doing our two starting mornings in DL. We still have yet to ride RotR, and we are huge SW fans...so that seems to make sense. I do love DCA in the morning though so it's a tough call.

I really hope Maxpass is back by then!

My current challenge is trying to figure out when holiday decorations + IASW will be up in November. I found old threads where the historical dates = 2nd Friday in November, which means my November 5-8 dates will miss IASW by a few days.

Thinking out loud:

1) Odds that holiday season/IASW overlay will reopen November 5?
2) WDW announced their holiday time schedule today starting Monday, November 8. Will DL follow suit? Their start dates roughly lined up in 2019 (11/8 DL & WDW) and 2018 (11/9 DL vs 11/8 WDW).

I would imagine the dates would be similar like usual so probably will be Nov. 8th this year too.

I wish we would have gotten more Disneyland xmas news today! I want to know the fate of the xmas parade- I'm a bit worried we won't get it. And I just want to see it in writing that we'll get everything else like the fireworks, castle lights, etc. 😅 Disney World's move away from castle lights to projections worries me- I don't want to see that happen at Disneyland.

We are currently scheduled for Nov. 20-25, but I'm wondering if we'd be better off trying for Veteran's Day weekend or even October. We originally chose the week of Thanksgiving because it's the only extended time my kids and I will have off other than Christmas so we can stay longer, but I'm worried about crowds. We're booked at GCH but considering other options if early mornings aren't available. After rescheduling our trip from March 2020 over and over 6 or 7 times, I'm nervous about getting excited again. It's been a long road!

We are currently scheduled for Nov. 20-25, but I'm wondering if we'd be better off trying for Veteran's Day weekend or even October. We originally chose the week of Thanksgiving because it's the only extended time my kids and I will have off other than Christmas so we can stay longer, but I'm worried about crowds. We're booked at GCH but considering other options if early mornings aren't available. After rescheduling our trip from March 2020 over and over 6 or 7 times, I'm nervous about getting excited again. It's been a long road!
I was having the same issue trying to make the final decision. We decided from the week between Veteran's Day and Thanksgiving. Coming from Canada now trying to figure out covid testing for flights both ways. Maybe I am crazy to be booking but I really want to go!!!!

Honestly, I would stick with those dates. I've never been Veteran's Day weekend but every report I've ever read on here is how insanely crowded it is- one of the most crowded weekends of the year. October itself is also pretty crowded. I think this year will be a dice roll altogether on crowds too so it could just be hard to predict! Our dates are 11/19-11/26 and I read through as many pre-Thanksgiving posts as I could on here and while many folks said it was crowded, it didn't sound too bad to me.

We are going November 4-7! One of our main reasons is to catch Haunted Mansion Holiday, but does anyone know if the overlay will extend through Christmas like it usually does? All the Halloween announcements were specific to things through Oct 31 and there doesn't seem to be any definitive end date for HMH.

Yes, us too!! We will be there Nov 7th- 12th!! It will be our first time as a family. So excited! 🤩
We have booked 7-12 also. First time visit, me, my wife and 12 year old. Doing 4 parks/4 days, doing Magic Kindom last on the 11th, Animal Kingdom on the 8th, then Hollywood Studios, then Epcot. Staying at Pop Century. Even though things are not perfect, shows, events,, parades, character meets, still looking forward with great happiness. Didn't even have fireworks when we booked. Certainly looking alot better than when we originally booked.

We have booked 7-12 also. First time visit, me, my wife and 12 year old. Doing 4 parks/4 days, doing Magic Kindom last on the 11th, Animal Kingdom on the 8th, then Hollywood Studios, then Epcot. Staying at Pop Century. Even though things are not perfect, shows, events,, parades, character meets, still looking forward with great happiness. Didn't even have fireworks when we booked. Certainly looking alot better than when we originally booked.
Sounds like a great time at Disneyworld 😀 We’ll be at the other coast in DisneyLAND 🤩 I hope you and your family have the best time! 🎇

We are going November 4-7! One of our main reasons is to catch Haunted Mansion Holiday, but does anyone know if the overlay will extend through Christmas like it usually does? All the Halloween announcements were specific to things through Oct 31 and there doesn't seem to be any definitive end date for HMH.

Oh yes, it always stays up until after xmas!

Oh yes, it always stays up until after xmas!
we will only be there on the 4th and for HM, will anything be special? I think I also read somewhere that IASW is always closed at this time?

Does anyone know when Disneyland may have the Christmas decor up? I’m hoping to catch the castle lights, and IASW all lit up for our Nov 7-12th trip. 🤩🎄

Does anyone know when Disneyland may have the Christmas decor up? I’m hoping to catch the castle lights, and IASW all lit up for our Nov 7-12th trip. 🤩🎄

The holiday season usually always starts by the first week of November so you'll be good to go!

I’ll be there on November 4th….will I get to see HM Holiday??? Hope so!

Yes, it'll be all up and going since it's also part of the Halloween celebration.

I have never been during Dapper days, do you need a separate ticket.
For the sake of clarity, Dapper Day isn't an official Disney event, therefore no extra ticket is required. There are a number of similar events that draw crowds that are also not official such as Bats Day in the Fun Park , Galliday (a Doctor Who cosplay event) and Lolita Day (among others). Indeed, Bats Day (started in 1999) predates DD (started in 2011) by twelve years. DD often attracts about 25,000 guests. I hope to be there this year. In fact, we were at DTD in the spring around the time when DD would have been. We dressed up a bit and we saw several other people who'd done the same in honor of the event that would have taken place but for COVID.

I have never been during Dapper days, do you need a separate ticket. If all goes well we should have our first park day on the 14th..

I would suggest checking out dapperdays.com They sell some really neat things on their website (clothes, pins, etc). They have their schedule listed on their website. Such a great time to go and explore (and shop).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter