Anyone going in July?

songbert

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if anyone is planning a trip to FW in July. We'll be there from the 13th to the 20th, in Loop 800 if our request holds. We booked through AAA last August (I love to plan ahead!!)

I have a countdown timer on my desktop, and I can't wait. My DH and DS (14 y.o.) have been listening to WDW this and that for months :p

What is your rate (if I may ask) ? We are thinking about July or August..

We are going during what is considered "regular" season, and we got a 15% discount through AAA for a full hook-up (not preferred - no cable) campsite. Because we bought our park hopper passes as part of the "package", I don't know what the exact price works out to per night.

We decided to get the Ultimate Park Hopper passes (for length of stay) because my guys love Disney Quest, and that admission is included.

Have fun planning!

We have gone the last 2 years for the DDs BD but last year I swore I would not come back in July. It is just so hot, wet, and buggy that time of year. We did have fun but we live close and can go often. We might spend a couple of nights at the campground in July but our 10 day trip will be in late May. Late October early November, March and April is so much nicer weather wise but with school age children its hard to do long trips then.

Having been on 5 other trips in the spring and October, I was reluctant to go in the heat of summer, but my DH works at a University and my DS is in high school, so our choices are very limited - combined with the fact that our total trip will be two weeks and we're visiting family on the Gulf Coast in Mississippi for a few days after FW/WDW. Our total trip will cover 3400 miles
:eek:

It gets pretty humid in CT, too, so I'm relying on the AC very heavily!!!

My DH and I will be there from July 8 to the 28th.We also have a PAP.
We know it will be hot because we were there in July about 5 years ago but it is also hot and humid here in the summer.We are planning on spending lots of time at the water parks and just relaxing.

Our family of 5 - me, DH, DS17, DS14, DD12 - will be there June 21 - July 6. We have AP's, but have never been camping at FW and have never been in the summer. I'm a teacher, so we usually come during Spring Break, Fall Break, or Christmas Break. We live in Alabama, so we're used to the heat and humildity, although I don't like it! We're so excited to be coming for 2 weeks and to be camping!

My wife is a school teacher. For the last 5 or 6 years we have gone in either June or July. We will be there in July this year.
Yes, it is hot and crowded and buggy and wet. But it is Disney, and the magic we experience 24/7 makes the inconveniences fade into the background. Just take it a little slower, bring extra patience, and enjoy!

Thanks for all of your posts :)

Wow- Lucky you, DianeRD - 3 weeks!! What a treat :Pinkbounc

2DIZNY - Extra patience sounds like great advice :smooth:

Praise2Him - Love your user name :)

I will be down at fort wilderness from july 8th to the 18th. I have a question tho of of the topic but how do you all get your countdown clock? thanks:wave: :teeth:

Originally posted by sheltie4

how do you all get your countdown clock?

Go to the Tech board and see the post that says "Get your countdown clocks here" or something like that.

I've found that the June trips can be harder for me than July--I think it is because in early June I haven't really adjusted to the heat yet but by July I have.

How do you know what you loop you're going to stay in? Every time I ask, they say, we will put the request on the reservation...
Am I just getting the wrong people on the phone?

We don't have a guaranteed site in the 800 Loop, but we requested it, and will see what we end up with. We're bringing our bikes, so we're not really picky about where we end up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter