Anyone go to HDDR recently?

ThwTwinsMom

Mouseketeer
Hi all. I am just dying to know the answer to this...

When we did the HDDR 4 years ago, seat assignments were based on when you made your ressie. They gave me my table number right then and there.

I made a ressie for HDDR for this trip also. I was told that the way they assigned tables has changed. I've now spoken to multiple different CMs and every single one of them has given me a different story!

1) Seats are assigned when you pick up your tickets. You can do this up to one week ahead of time at guest relations.
2) Seats are assigned at FW, first come, first served.
3) Seats are assigned a week ahead of time based on party size. No advantage to when you book, pick up tickets, or arrive.

So, has anyone actually done this in the last couple of months? Were you able to get a table assignment when you picked up your tickets at Guest Relations? Did you need to be there early for a good seat? Please let me know. This was my sons' favorite thing last trip. I'm setting this up for their birthday and I'd really like to have good seats if possible. I'll let the rest of the PSs fall where they may...

I've been getting this same type of run around when trying to determine how they do the seating for Spirit of Aloha. I've heard:

1)Based on when you check in the night of the event
&
2)Based on when you make your reservations

I don't know what is correct so we're just hoping for the best...BUT I"d hate to have to show up really, really early to get good seats only to find out that the seats were already assigned and it wasn't necessary.

Anybody got the real true scoop?

I can tell you regarding HDDR we booked about a month ahead last year and were seated in the very back of the main floor but at a raised table so the view was fine. It would have been nicer to be a little closer but oh well. At the time, I was under the impression that it was based on when we booked, not when we checked in at FW.

I wonder when this changed? We made our ressies for our trip this August over a year in advance -- in fact, MS told me we are #1 on the list! SO now that possibly doesn't meananything? MS told me at that time (last August) that it was first reserved, first seating. We also have a large party (9) and I ended up speaking to MS at regular WDW dine and then at large parties dining -- same story. Hmmmmmm..... maybe I'll have to call and just see what the deal is. HOenstly, I've been toying with moving the date of our ressie, but didn't want to tamper with our "#1" status!

gopherit,

I read on one of the boards that reservations for parties of 8 or more (at HDDR) are dealt with differently. Since they told you that you were #1, groups are probably still dealt with by order of ressie. I'd suggest you call, but I'm not sure you would get anyone who knows. lol

We were at HDDR 2/11. We made our ressies about a month ahead. We picked up our tickets the night before for 4 of us. We had a great table right down front in the middle. It was the 9:30 show and the room was about 2/3 full. This was our 8th time there and I think these were our best seats yet.

Made my HHHR reservations last week for 4 people on 5/19.
I will have a mobility challenged person in the party and would need to be on the 1st floor.
Should I call back and let them know now??? Should I wait till I arrive?? Your thoughts?? :confused:

I booked HDD in December for this coming July, 7 months in advance. The CM said our party of 4 would be seated up front, since seating goes by when you book., not when you pick up your tickets or how early you get to FW. She didn't tell us what actual table we'll be at, since they don't book the actual table at the time of ressie, but only the area, starting at the front and working back as more people make ressies.

I was told that seats were assigned to HDDR when you physically picked up your tickets. I do know that for the Luau that you get assigned your seat based on your place in line for the show. If you are the first ones in line you get the better seats.

Originally posted by senecabeach
Made my HHHR reservations last week for 4 people on 5/19.
I will have a mobility challenged person in the party and would need to be on the 1st floor.
Should I call back and let them know now??? Should I wait till I arrive?? Your thoughts?? :confused:

When we went to the HDDR there was an elevator for mobility issues so there shouldn't be a problem.

I know for sure that it's not #2. When we picked up our tickets (day of) from the guest services counter at the resort it had our table number printed on it. And I imagine it doesn't have to do with when you pick up the tickets either. As I said, we got ours the day of, and we ended up sitting front and center. I imagine they make an assignment at the time of booking, but then probably go back and make adjustments as people cancel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter