Anyone getting worried about March Break Travel

That's what I thought, but I looked at the university calendar and they can have exams right up to the 23rd. So it's great if their exams are over on the 13th or 15th, but if they happen to have that last exam, he'd be stuck missing a vacation again... one we wouldn't get a credit for.
My DD in her first two years of university out of province had back to back exams on Dec 23, she flew home on the 24th both times and the flights were super expensive

That's what I thought, but I looked at the university calendar and they can have exams right up to the 23rd. So it's great if their exams are over on the 13th or 15th, but if they happen to have that last exam, he'd be stuck missing a vacation again... one we wouldn't get a credit for.

Can he travel separately and just have him travel on the 24th regardless of when his exam actually ends up being ? I had several classmates in University that ended up doing that. The challenge was if you live in residence usually you have to be out the day after your last exam -- but there are exceptions sometimes for people who have travel plans that are later [eg international students]. Or get a flexible flight ticket whose date can be changed for a reasonable fee or free ?

Can he travel separately and just have him travel on the 24th regardless of when his exam actually ends up being ? I had several classmates in University that ended up doing that. The challenge was if you live in residence usually you have to be out the day after your last exam -- but there are exceptions sometimes for people who have travel plans that are later [eg international students]. Or get a flexible flight ticket whose date can be changed for a reasonable fee or free ?
Thats what we did in her third year, booked a flight back on the 24th early when the flights were cheaper. When she knew her exam schedule we were able to change the flight. BTW the airports are busy the weekend before the university's begin classes in January and the prices are higher. The first it cost around $1000. round trip to get her home from Saskatoon to Toronto. The ironic part is we live in the GTA and I think there are 7 universities 2hrs or less from our home!

The advocacy group, which represents tens of thousands of Canadians who winter in warmer climes, has told members to leave their residences in places like Florida and Arizona because insurance options will become increasingly limited in the days ahead as some providers move to cancel or restrict policies — including policies that were signed well before COVID-19 spread to parts of Canada and the U.Shttps://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/top...icted/ar-BB11icln?li=AAggNb9&ocid=mailsignout

I think I might book everyone's travel for Xmas now, and book his (probably at a higher price) once the exam schedule is listed. If his exams go to the 23rd, he'll fly out of Windsor. If he's off early, he'll fly with us from the GTA. That's probably the best I can do.

Thats what we did in her third year, booked a flight back on the 24th early when the flights were cheaper. When she knew her exam schedule we were able to change the flight. BTW the airports are busy the weekend before the university's begin classes in January and the prices are higher. The first it cost around $1000. round trip to get her home from Saskatoon to Toronto. The ironic part is we live in the GTA and I think there are 7 universities 2hrs or less from our home!
While it's none of my business, why did your DD choose U of S? It's a good school (yes, the exist outside of the East, lol), but I wondered if it was a particular program or scholarship or something like that? It is far away and not that easily accessible, even by air.

My niece chose a school in PEI over any in Ontario, where her family is, but she chose it because it was smaller class sizes and a better chance to be known by her teachers. She didn't want to be a number in a mega-school.

I think I might book everyone's travel for Xmas now, and book his (probably at a higher price) once the exam schedule is listed. If his exams go to the 23rd, he'll fly out of Windsor. If he's off early, he'll fly with us from the GTA. That's probably the best I can do.

While it's none of my business, why did your DD choose U of S? It's a good school (yes, the exist outside of the East, lol), but I wondered if it was a particular program or scholarship or something like that? It is far away and not that easily accessible, even by air.

My niece chose a school in PEI over any in Ontario, where her family is, but she chose it because it was smaller class sizes and a better chance to be known by her teachers. She didn't want to be a number in a mega-school.
I think she just wanted to get away from us!LOL They did give her a good scholarship, the University is smaller, rent was cheaper when she decided to live off campus. I grumbled a lot at the time but she has now graduated so I have no complaints!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter