• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone Get Nervous Right Before They Leave?

famsen

DIS Veteran
I can't explain the feeling but DH and I are supposed to leave our house at 3:15am tomorrow for the airport to take us to WDW. We are spending six nights there two off property and four at BWV.
There have been some bad signs this week leading up to our trip. For one a large tree fell on the power line to our house at the end of last week. It ended up getting taken care of but not without a lot of trouble and aggravation. Then Sunday I noticed a weird spot on our roof. When DH went up there on a ladder he found a piece of wood had rotted away right through to the attic. We had guys come out today to look at it and will fix it while we are gone but again, it was another monkey wrench and added expense we didn't expect. Now, my mother and adult daughter live with us. Today, DD has a really bad attitude and is exceptionally moody. She started a new medication this week and just doesn't seem herself. Our dog has had a bout of diarrhea for a couple days and I have had to put him on special diet, now he won't go at all. Oh, I also got a skin infection and was put on a very strong antibiotic which I will still be on during our trip. One thing I am supposed to avoid while on the med is SUNLIGHT! How to I get around WDW while avoiding sunlight?
In all, I am very stressed about leaving. Something just doesn't feel "right" and I also am terrified to fly. I don't know, I just have a bad feeling that something is going to happen while we are gone.
Is it just me or anyone else get dreaded feelings before they leave? Is this normal? I have gotten this feeling a little bit in the past but not this strong. It's like a disturbance in the "force".
I'm almost at the point that I don't know if I want to sent the alarm and go in the morning. :sad1:

Oh Lord, I am SO there.... We are leaving Sat, and I am having an absolute MELTDOWN right now. I just KNOW I'm gonna forget something that will be mandatory to our survival (lol!), or some other fill-in-the-blank will go wrong. Ugh. I am an absolute mess. And you should see the sunroom in my basement.... Good lord it looks like the packing fairy puked in there. Lol.

I can't explain the feeling but DH and I are supposed to leave our house at 3:15am tomorrow for the airport to take us to WDW. We are spending six nights there two off property and four at BWV.
There have been some bad signs this week leading up to our trip. For one a large tree fell on the power line to our house at the end of last week. It ended up getting taken care of but not without a lot of trouble and aggravation. Then Sunday I noticed a weird spot on our roof. When DH went up there on a ladder he found a piece of wood had rotted away right through to the attic. We had guys come out today to look at it and will fix it while we are gone but again, it was another monkey wrench and added expense we didn't expect. Now, my mother and adult daughter live with us. Today, DD has a really bad attitude and is exceptionally moody. She started a new medication this week and just doesn't seem herself. Our dog has had a bout of diarrhea for a couple days and I have had to put him on special diet, now he won't go at all. Oh, I also got a skin infection and was put on a very strong antibiotic which I will still be on during our trip. One thing I am supposed to avoid while on the med is SUNLIGHT! How to I get around WDW while avoiding sunlight?
In all, I am very stressed about leaving. Something just doesn't feel "right" and I also am terrified to fly. I don't know, I just have a bad feeling that something is going to happen while we are gone.
Is it just me or anyone else get dreaded feelings before they leave? Is this normal? I have gotten this feeling a little bit in the past but not this strong. It's like a disturbance in the "force".
I'm almost at the point that I don't know if I want to sent the alarm and go in the morning. :sad1:

I am terrified to fly as well. I was going to book us out of Dulles on May 18th but decided ultimately to take the wheels for a 12 hour journey. No bad feelings, I just hate flying :sad1:

This really could be a sign that you need a vacation though :banana:

I thought I was the only one! We leave Sunday, but have to drop our 9mo DD and our dogs off with my parents on Saturday. Today, my 9mo starts running a fever. I just get so freaked out trying to make sure everything is organized and ready to go that I am in a total panic until we are at the resort. I just am so, SO worried that she's going to be sick when we need to drop her off Saturday. Maybe I should make back-up plans to take her with us. Hmmm...

It never fails. We leave on Sunday and in the last 7 days I have had to pay a contractor to level a spot in back yard for above ground pool. My son't transmission went out, Two final exams, A out of town trip for a wedding last weekend and I don't even know what day it is.

caos is normal for us. I will sleep on the plane Sunday morning.

I think it's natural to be worried before you leave for a trip, especially with all you have going on right now.....You probably need a vacation, nothing sounds too catastrophic, although it's quite annoying and the whole roof thing would have just sent me over the edge.

I completely hear you! We leave on Friday for a surprise trip and we haven't told our DSs. As a result, I have a list and a mental list but have not started packing.

To boot, the weather has gotten unseasonally warm here and the kids are wearing their summer gear to school. Of course, our washing machine broke down on the weekend, and now I have to take everything over to my sister's to wash it before packing some things on Thursday... in secret!

And, with everything else going wrong, I didn't have a chance to help my son with his school project due the day we return - we have to build a suspension bridge that can hold weight! ARGH! :scared1:

The good news is I am too stressed to worry about flying! :rotfl:

I always feel like I am getting the stomach flu the day before we leave. It is a horrible feeling. It must be some kind of anxiety that I only seem to get around flying.

Defo know how you feel
Both myself and my husband get a little nervous especially sitting around at th airport but the childrens excitement allways keeps our minds off of it.
I think there are soo many nervous people here at the moment who do not know wether they are going to be able to fly or not due to the Volcano eruption. there are many airports here that are closed again today.

What makes matters worse is that there are many insurers who are not paying out for it. lets all hope and pray that they get through ok !
Take care all
and dont be too nervous we are all going to the most magical place !!!

As for the flying.... you'll be safer in the plane than you will be in the car on your way there. (That is meant to give you peace about flying.... not to make you worry about driving!)

I always get WAY worked up before a trip trying to get everything organized and just right. But that moment you walk into the park and see the castle makes it all worthwhile....... Isn't it amazing how quickly it all just melts away?????

Last trip, I was cleaning up a couple days before leaving and in a hurry, and missed the bottom step, and fell and twisted my ankle hard. It really hurt and swelled up bad, especially on the plane... but guess what??? It was all better when we stepped into DHS our first day!!!

Have a great trip! :cool1:

Us too!! We leave in 2 weeks and it seems like money keeps flying out of our account.... $248 at the vet to have him tell us we should put our dog down. Brakes for the car.... The list goes on and on! Plus I always get stressed out before a trip about making sure I have everything, hoping nothing goes wrong, etc. Need a Xanax I suppose,

I think it's normal to get stressed before leaving your home but you've got a ton of 'bad' things happening right now OP so I'm sure that's why it's so much worse this time. At least you do have ppl at the house so it's not unattended should anything need attention. Just relax (ha! impossible I know!) and just keep thinking that you'll be on vacation very very soon. :goodvibes

I always get nervous about a week before...and especially the night before I leave for Disney. It's weird...I always fly, and that is what makes me nervous. During the flight, I am not nervous...in fact I normally sleep almost the entire time (mainly because it's really early when I fly out). Plus, I hate leaving my cat...she's diabetic and I always worry that something will happen when I'm gone...although my mom takes excellent care of her. Once I get to Disney World though...I am a happy Hoosier!

When we go on any major vacation, from WDW, Myrtle Beach to Cancun, I dread the 'getting there'. I don't feel comfortable until I'm sitting at the airport gate, ready to board the plane, that's when the vacation officially begins. There's a certain amount of anxiety on the drive to the airport and going through security and that ends at the gate.

Bill From PA

I don't get nervous but my anxiety certainly kicks in. It alwasy goes away the next morning, but I'm usually a mess for that firt day and then I can relax.

I definitely get nervous and almost sick to my stomach about the weather when we travel. I also worry about my pets while I'm gone.:sad2:

Glad to know I am not the only one who feels this way! ROFL

Just keep telling yourself "I'm going to Disney World".....:wizard:

I also have a problem with flying, so I got this book called "flying without Fear"
I feel more calm about our trip and am looking forward to the flight, I want to know if the book has helped. Maybe you can also read it for future trips.
I hope you have a great time.:tink:

I get to be a nervous wreck as well. Sounds like you've had a lot going on! Enjoy yourself! I think Disney magic will do its job and whisk you away from reality for a while. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter