Anyone get calls recently from DCL for paid upgrades?

itutorfortravel

I tutor high school math to pay for my travel addi
Just wondering if those calls for paid upgrades are still frequently coming?

If so, was your only option to move up one stateroom "type", i.e. inside to outside..outside to verandah...etc.?

If you were offered more than a one "type" jump, like if you were offered an upgrade from inside to verandah, would you mind saying what the cost was?

Thanks!

We haven't received any call but would love to! We sail in less than 2 weeks and DCL's website still shows availability in every cat incl. 12.
Price hasn't gone up since we rebooked it onboard last Nov. So unusual.

Hoping for some pixie dust for everyone!:wizard:

I would love to get "the call". We booked a cat9 and while I would be content with the porthole - a verandah would be great!!!

Here's what I did... Yesterday, I noticed that the cost to go from a Cat 8 to a Cat 7 was $120.00 for my 10/24 cruise. I called my TA and she was able to move me from our original room to a Cat 7 GTY. So there maybe more upgrades in my future!!!!

I received an email from Dreams about 6 weeks out and was given an option to upgrade to a Cat 4 from a Cat 6 for around $200.

There is a recent thread where the person was offered an upgrade on a 7 night cruise from a cat 9 to a cat 6 for $300.

Update to my previous post......

On Saturday morning, I paid to upgrade from a Cat 8. to a Cat. 7....

I checked the DCL website and I have been assigned my room...... 7134, a Cat. 5!!!!! a three Cat. upgrade for $120.00 - not too shabby!!!!

We were offered (and took) an upgrade from a cat. 11 to cat. 9 for $150 last week (for a December cruise). We actually asked if we could pay more and upgrade all the way to a verandah and were told no that upgrades are always only "type." We figured it didn't hurt to ask though:upsidedow

We were offered and accepted an upgrade from Cat. 9 to Cat 6 on our Dec. 12th 7 night cruise for $300. I think we were the previous thread mentioned. I have no idea how they decide who to offer this to. I know our cruise has plenty of availability, so I am sure this is away for them to maximize the profit. The difference to book the room was around $900. So, we are excited to have that verandah.

I'm curious to know if any FL resident rate cruisers have ever received an upgrade offer call.

We are leaving on Saturday, the 31st... I didn't know that you could upgrade. My ds is 10 and going on his first cruise. We are currently a cat 10. I would love to be upgraded! Is this something that has to be done througth the TA (whom I really do not care for!) or can I call DCL?

Thanks so much everyone!!!:cool1:

Do you have to have booked directly through DCL (as opposed to a travel agent) in order to receive those calls?:confused:

How you booked makes no difference in whether you will be offered an upgrade. If you used a TA, the call will go to the TA. If you booked directly, DCL will call you directly.

To PP, there are a couple types of upgrades. One is free "pixie dust." THey don't have to call you about this, and you sometimes don't find out that you got one till you check in. The other is a paid upgrade--in that case, you may get a phone call offering it to you at a reduced price. You will be told the category and the price and can accept it or not. You may still get some "pixie dust" to an even nicer category! You can also go to the supervisor's desk at the terminal and ask if any upgrades are available to purchase. You do this after checking in at the terminal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter