Anyone found Silly Bandz Yet

Our school district has banned them! If you get caught once, they get taken away and the parent has to sign a paper to acknowledge the warning and be reminded that they are not allowed in school. Second offense, taken away and the child spends the rest of the day in the office alone doing their work. Third offense, one day suspension.

They wasted no time cracking down on getting these out of the schools.

Someone I know in PA said her kids' school just banned them today, too.

article updated with more information. additional photo(s) to come as well.

I wonder if they'll have them at WDW sooner than the stores? We'll be in Disney the 3rd week of June, so that would be neat. My daughter will have a small amount of her own money to spend and this would be just right!

Updated once more to include photos of spider man and other toy story sets

My hospital gift shop has the Princess ones. I don't know, I think it's silly for schools to be micromanaging kids about these things. We had toys/cards etc that we traded in school and we were fine. If it was something I really valued, I didn't take it to school-and I had to learn it the hard way, but it was a good lesson.

I think schools and teachers panic so easily these days...if the kid is being inappropriate with them, confiscate the item. But, I think banning them is extreme. If anything, it just makes the item that much more desirable and "cool".

Modell's Sporting Goods stores have the Disney sets. I was able to find three different sets, Mickey and Friends, Fairies and Princesses.:thumbsup2

Modell's Sporting Goods stores have the Disney sets. I was able to find three different sets, Mickey and Friends, Fairies and Princesses.:thumbsup2

We went to Modells last night and got my DD one of each pack. The one we went to had the ones you posted about and Toy Story ones too. My DD was so excited to find out why we were there.

I think they were $5.99 a pack?? I got Toy Story and Tinkerbell and friends
Nancy

Found them in Jacksonville, Florida at the Learning Express! They had Cars, Toy Story, Classic Characters and Princesses.

I just saw them in the local 7-11 store. $5.99 for a pack for the Disney kind, $2.99 for generic.

I also teach. There is no schoolwide policy, but one of the teachers I work with wanted to ban them at our grade level. I really didn't want to make a big deal out of it. As long as the kids wear them and are not being distracted by them. I can certainly see, though, how they can become a huge distraction. I will keep a closer eye on the playground to make sure there are no issues with bullying or 2 for 1 kind of cheating schemes going on. That seems just crazy.

Has anyone seen the Disney themed Bandz in the Parks yet?
Cost?

I hope our school doesn't ban them, though if it is a problem I can see why they are. I just would rather see rules like ony trading at lunch and recess. That is what I ahve told my girls about theirs. I said if I hear there is a problem with theirs then I myself will take them away. Like last night at DD's softball game. Some kids were not paying attention because they were trading. The coach told them to take them off but DD didn't have to because she wasn't trading till after the game. (She knew I would have taken them before the coach.) I have to admit though, I like them. They remind me of when I was a kids with sticker books and trading those and later with the Garbage Pail Kids. Simple, reasonable fun.

Anyway, I tried to start a trading thread and so far no luck. I ordered Mickey and Friends, Tink and Friends, and Princess set #1 and Toy Story. I would like an Ariel (or 2) and a Jasmine if anyone would like to trade. Here is the thread or PM me if yo uhave a couple to trade. A stamp would be so much cheaper then buying a whole pack of Princess set #2 off eBay which I will probably do soon if no one has any to trade.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=36919797#post36919797

Not having any kids, I was so clueless about these until I went to Myrtle Beach and kept seeing them everywhere. My friend, who works in retail filled me in on how they're the hot new thing. My first thought was that I'd always hated wearing rubber bands on my wrists because it pulled my arm hair! Maybe these don't have this problem?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter