Anyone flying first week in February? Thoughts?

We were going to fly to Orlando the last week-end of January. We cancelled our plans.

According to some reports, Omicron will be peaking in Florida at the end of January/Early February.

Since we need a PCR to come back, I wouldn’t risk it. But that’s just me. If I had a way out of it, I would postpone.

Cancelled our Feb 2 trip a few weeks ago, before we had to pay rental home balance. Honestly, I could not deal with the combination of risk, instability of flights, and constantly changes travel rules. It was not even fun thinking about it anymore. We have hit “pause” on travel planning until things improve in all areas.

We are planning on flying near the end of February. Still planning on it. But I’m hoping things will be starting to improve then.

Should add that we have n95 masks and plan on no indoor dining and doing mainly outdoor stuff.

We canceled our end of January Trip to WDW. If we could have found a somewhat reasonable flight out of a USA origin airport we probably still would have gone. Instead we are flying to Vegas on Allegiant and driving to DL for a week.. Will plan to spend an extra night in Great Falls, MT on the way back and test there, if we test positive at least we can drive home at that point and work/quarantine from home. At any other time of the year we might have been okay with a 2 week extended stay in Florida, but the Wife is an accountant and at least needs to be somewhere that they can bring her work.
Booked now for May WDW, grabbed 1 week at Animal Kingdom Villas, and one Week at Boardwalk with our timeshare, will have a few contingencies for whatever wave we might be in at that point..

We are going on the 12th. 4 days in Disney and 4 days with our parent's at their Florida house. We won't test until the day before we leave and if we have to stay we will have free accommodations :-)

Only very small concern is if the local Walgreen's runs out of tests, we did the free NAAT last week when we were there and it was super easy. There are about 4 within reasonable driving distance, I think I will book a backup at Curative just in case and maybe at another Walgreens.

Last night we booked the hotel stay at Universal for mid February. Haven't booked the flights yet. Waiting to see what Ministry of Education is going to do about school return.

My husband and I are scheduled to go the 1st week of February. We still plan on going. I am having a hard time getting excited though...it is a weird feeling.

My husband and I are scheduled to go the 1st week of February. We still plan on going. I am having a hard time getting excited though...it is a weird feeling.

I know what you mean, I'm afraid to get too excited just in case, so much disappointment and cancelled trips in recent years. Our last trip I didn't even pack until the day before and usually I'm well prepared.

I know what you mean, I'm afraid to get too excited just in case, so much disappointment and cancelled trips in recent years. Our last trip I didn't even pack until the day before and usually I'm well prepared.

Exactly! I normally would have started packing already. I also normally would have all dining booked. I booked 3 meals total for a 2 week stay...we will just go with the flow this time. I really just want to get there!

Ya, I have not started packing, nor clearing my work calendar for the two weeks I'll be gone. Until I have that pre-flight negative Covid test, I'm hesitant. (...I know many who have got Covid lately, but at least its people I have not been in contact with) Knock on wood, my odds of getting Covid in next two weeks are low - as I work from home. But I still have to leave the house for a couple of appts :P

We are totally just going to enjoy being there, really only have one meal booked, not sure how I will feel about indoor dining....we are flying from Buffalo so don't need to worry about the pre-flight test, just need to try not to get Covid before we go! I don't even care if we go on a ride, I think we might ILL Remy's and MMRR as those are the only two we haven't done yet.

I have a trip planned in 1.5 weeks and I'm nervous about it too, but I have my shots and I'm looking to get covid insurance in case I get stuck there for longer.

Here now. Flew down last week. Flight was delayed an hour as it was short a crew member. Takes a bit longer to get a substitute for as US flight. Given the other delays and cancellations we saw at the airport this is more the norm than exception.

Most were following masking requirements in the airport and on the plane. Stewardesses politely, but firmly, reminded anyone who was slow replacing their masks after food or beverage consumption.

We have not gone to the parks but have dined in restaurants and visited Disney Springs. Signage is very clear for masking and is complied with, Disney requires masking indoors. DH said the grocery signage was" masking recommended"but pretty well everyone was wearing a mask indoors.

At this point we do not regret coming. We went from -20C to +25C. Here we are able to get out and walk for an hour or two everyday and enjoy outdoor activities unmasked.

Not everything is open. Some of the restaurants we enjoy have not reopened yet and some of the things we enjoy doing are "temporarily unavailable".

We had hoped that the testing requirements would soften a bit before our return in February but with the case levels, we do not see that changing. Testing positive for our return is a risk. We would prefer not having to staying an extra two weeks but given our stage in life we would be able to make that work. We are considering taking a test a couple of weeks before we are to return. If we test positive we would qualify for the 14 - 180 day rule. Both of these would be issues given the Disney Resort requirements but I am sure we could find something that would work. Disney requirement:
"... Guests who cannot confirm all of the above criteria (list of COVID symptoms and risks) must not enter Walt Disney World Resort. If at any point during their visit a Guest does not meet all of the above criteria, they and their travelling party will be required to isolate and may be relocated or asked to leave the property."

If anyone has any questions I am happy to answer any I can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter