Anyone flown out of Logan recently?

MNT568

DIS Veteran
Has anyone flown out of Logan recently? I was wondering how early we should plan to arrive at the airport. We will be flying out on Sunday afternoon on Delta. I checked the Delta site and they say we need 2 hours, I also noticed that our flight is full. Do you think 2 hours is reasonable or should we make it 3?

We flew out of Logan recently and our flight was also full (Delta express). We had a 7:00 am flight and we got to the airport at 5:30. We did curbside check in (10 mins) and then security was about 20 minutes, tops. We had plenty of time. Hope this helps.

rjordon, which day of the week was that. Wh're going out on american on saturday morning 7:30, that flight is also full.

We flew out of Logan on February 16th. Our flight was at 7:30 A.M. on USAirways. We arrived at the airport at 5:30 anticipating the worst since it was school vacation week. We waited at curbside check-in for about 35 minutes and security took us about 10 minutes to clear. It took us less than an hour from the time we arrived at the airport to reach our gate. I would think that two hours is definitely more than enough time. As an aside, I found that the security at Logan was much less strict than at Charlotte and Jacksonville. That was a little unnerving to me!

To Disnurse:

We left on a Sunday morning. Like I said we arrived at Logan at 5:30 am. I was actually expecting the airport to be quiet at that time, but it was pretty busy. Nonetheless, curbside check-in was quick (compared to longer lines at the counter) and security checks also went quickly. They did randomly search some people, though, so that would slow you down by at least 10-15 minutes. Our whole experience was less than 30 mins.

We're leaving from Logan for a 7:30am AA flight on May7th. I bought my tickets through Orbitz and got e-tickets. Can you do curb-side checkin with e-tickets? Or do they need paper tickets for curbside checkin?

Thanks!

We had e-tickets for delta express and we did curb side check-in. We weren't even asked for the tickets, just our name. This saved so much time, as the wait at the counters was soooo long.

I think it is best to follow the airlines guidelines. In a recent issue of Consumer Reports Travel Letter a case is brought up where a traveler failed to make it to check in before the required 1 hour ahead deadline for Virgin Airlines International travel. She was bumped and was dnied any compensation because she had missed the check in deadline. Consumer Reports fought for her and she received compensation ultimately, but who needs this aggravation.
Also anyone familiar with the driving conditions in Boston around rush hour would be well advised to leave very early and hang around the airport rather than sit in traffic. Have a great vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter