• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone familiar with FLL check in policies?

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
We will be coming in after a cruise in FLL on Easter Sunday. We have a later flight at 245 and will be at the airport by 10. I'm being told on cruise critic that we won't be allowed in the airport until 3 hours prior. Is that a thing? We have cruised on DCL and waited a few hours in MCO before boarding. I can't believe they would make us wait outside.

I had never heard this before and did a little research. What I am finding is that some airlines will not accept checked luggage until 3 hours prior to departure. TSA will not allow you through security with a checked size bag. That may be a recommendation because of that, or possibly a carryover from pandemic times to limit the number of people in the terminal. Actual airport recommendations are available at https://www.broward.org/Airport/passengers/Pages/CruisePassengers.aspx

I have flown in and out of FLL many times and never encountered this rule. I have been there more than 3 hours ahead of a flight and was not denied entry

I think they are referring to checking in luggage ....not whether you can go in the airport.

its for checking luggage. so you can go into the airport, but you can’t check your luggage early. Southwest for instance is 4 hours.

We had to wait to check our luggage until a few hours before our flight after a cruise- don’t remember if it was 3 or 4 hours, but there is pretty much nothing to do at FLL while you wait. We were allowed into the airport though - no one was asking for flight times when we went in

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter