• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone ever work at Michael's?

Momeska

Go Irish!
I love to shop there, just wondering if anyone has ever worked there and what they think of it. DS18 just started college and I've got to reenter the work force and figured why not work around what I love. Any and all comments are encouraged and welcome.
Thanks.

I have never worked at a Michael's but have worked at an AC Moore. Man half my paycheck went back to the store on my breaks bc of my scrapbook addiction :rotfl: But the discount was very nice to have :)

Thank goodness, NO!

I wouldn't get a check, I would have to pay THEM!!!

I worked there but that was several years ago - it was ok. I was a class coordinator and taught kids classes and the birthday parties. I remember the discount wasn't much and most of the time I relied on coupons for bigger purchases (like I do now!). I remember working the day after Thanksgiving at 6 am - bright and early - and then the day after Christmas - taking advantage of the clearance sales! But I think if you're a crafter, you'll benefit from working there because of the ideas you'll get from your coworkers and the customers as well! Unfortunately for me, most of my paycheck went back into the store. (Of course, the same was true when I worked at the Disney Store, too - Good thing I work in a library now!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter