Anyone ever seen a big family win Family Of the Day???

MommyPoppins

<font color=green>Tangled with the TF in a moment
In all my trips to WDW I have only seen families of 2 parents and 2 kids get to open the MK. You can only have a family of 4 to ride in the front of the Monorail. It seems like WDW likes it's "typical american family" of only 2 kids. :rolleyes: In a recent post of a family who won family of the day it was again, only 2 kids. So do those of us with 3 or more ever stand a chance? Has anyone seen a big family win? :sunny:

When I was there two weeks ago a family with 3 small kids opened the park. The kids could not have been older than 7, though, so families with older kids are out of that I think.

As far as riding in the front of the monorail all you have to do is ask. It doesn't have to be a certain number of people. There have been many times me and my 2 girls have ridden up there OR my youngest 10 and me with my aunt. Just ask. . . if someone is already there you may have to wait till the next one but the view is GREAT!

Rhongepooh said:
As far as riding in the front of the monorail all you have to do is ask. It doesn't have to be a certain number of people. There have been many times me and my 2 girls have ridden up there OR my youngest 10 and me with my aunt. Just ask. . . if someone is already there you may have to wait till the next one but the view is GREAT!

Thanks. Yeah I know that. What I meant is if you have more than a family of 4 you can't all ride together. ;)

When we were in the MK in June a family of five opened the park. Two adults and three young children (probably 3,5,and 8'ish)

MommyPoppins said:
In all my trips to WDW I have only seen families of 2 parents and 2 kids get to open the MK. You can only have a family of 4 to ride in the front of the Monorail. It seems like WDW likes it's "typical american family" of only 2 kids. :rolleyes: In a recent post of a family who won family of the day it was again, only 2 kids. So do those of us with 3 or more ever stand a chance? Has anyone seen a big family win? :sunny:

I've been wondering this same thing myself. I also read on the "YOAMD" thread that the castle will have two beds. I think that means that those of us in a family of 5 or more are already out of the running for the YOAMD grand prize. I have to admit to being a little bummed about that, but oh well. I have made sure not tell my DD about the whole "night in the castle" anyway so she wouldn't be hoping for something that most likely wouldn't happen.

Don't take my comments to be complaints. I guess it's like finding out your not quite tall enough to ride a ride.

When we asked if we could sit in the front of the monorail, we were told only 4 people could go, but it was going to be an hour wait, so we skipped it. Two days later we were picked as the first family for the day on the monorail, and they let the 5 of us sit up front. My kids are 10, 4 and almost 2. (and also 13, but he wasn't there that day :) )

Not YOAMD, but we were picked to open MGM in Aug. 05 and we had 6 kids at the time. I think that our sheer numbers and the fact we were there very early made us stand out. LOL Wait til they get a load of us now!

:yay: :yay: :yay: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

So although we can't all ride the front of the monorail at once, we did get some pixie dust. :wizard:

Cass said:
You should ask aout changing your name to DisneyMom7 :)

Tell me about it! LOL

But, since we're open to more I might as well keep it the way it is. Helps me remember what year I signed up on the Dis. LOL :thumbsup2

They let my family of 5 ride in the front of the monorail last year. Twins were 3, baby was 1 1/2.

mouseketeer_mom said:
I've been wondering this same thing myself. I also read on the "YOAMD" thread that the castle will have two beds. I think that means that those of us in a family of 5 or more are already out of the running for the YOAMD grand prize. I have to admit to being a little bummed about that, but oh well. I have made sure not tell my DD about the whole "night in the castle" anyway so she wouldn't be hoping for something that most likely wouldn't happen.

The castle suite will accomodate 6 guests! Just FYI!!! :wizard: So you are not out of the running on that one.

As far as the monorail goes I have always been told they can only have 4 up there for safety and space reasons (although we were allowed to have 5 up there one time)

My last 2 families were parties of 9 and 11 ... wear those magical gathering buttons if you get them!

I was wondering the same thing as we have six children. I figured that our chances of anything would be slim unless we were split up at the time. And only seven in our party require tickets so we don't count as a grand gathering. Just a couple more years and we'll be our own grand gathering :teeth: .

Reese said:
I was wondering the same thing as we have six children. I figured that our chances of anything would be slim unless we were split up at the time. And only seven in our party require tickets so we don't count as a grand gathering. Just a couple more years and we'll be our own grand gathering :teeth: .

I just realized that even if we didn't take the extended family along next time we WILL be our own Grand Gathering. Only the youngest will be under 3. LOL
Oh well, we don't plan on doing any of the special stuff anyway.

I hear ya. We have five kids and I can't help but wonder if we're automatically disqualified from some of the "qualifications" (based on the buzz I'm reading, the Dream Team is sent out with something to look for to award prizes - ie. someone with a map).

When a family is slated to receive, say, a cruise - I guess a big family wouldn't likely be picked.

That's okay, though :) I wish we'd had shirts made that said "one more and we're our OWN Grand Gathering" or "Working on a Grand Gathering worth of kids" :)

Momof4girls said:
I hear ya. We have five kids and I can't help but wonder if we're automatically disqualified from some of the "qualifications" (based on the buzz I'm reading, the Dream Team is sent out with something to look for to award prizes - ie. someone with a map).

When a family is slated to receive, say, a cruise - I guess a big family wouldn't likely be picked.

That's okay, though :) I wish we'd had shirts made that said "one more and we're our OWN Grand Gathering" or "Working on a Grand Gathering worth of kids" :)

You should visit the Creative DISigns forums. Someone there would make you a graphic for that. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter