• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone ever scrapbook their own lives?

FergieTCat

I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
I am fascinated with scrapbooking, but I don't have any kids. My mother once gave me a box with my old report cards, pictures, etc. I want to scrapbook my personal memorabilia, starting with my baby pictures and birth announcement.

Has anyone else ever done this? Do you think it sounds wierd? I have so many ideas about pages, including pages for my friends, family and pets.

I don't think it's at all weird. Someday, someone somewhere will find your book and be fascinated. One of my closest friends is 79 and I keep begging her to write her life story.

BTW, you mean there is LIFE without kids??? LOL! Somedays I wish!

I am pregnant with my first child. However, I have been scrapbooking for 9 years. I think it is a common misconception that only women with children scrapbook. Some of the albums I have done over the years (or are still working on) are:
my own baby album
a high school/college/sports album
a Christmas album from birth to approx 25
A current Christmas album from the last few years
numerous chronological albums with everything from birthdays to bike rides to Disney trips (one album is almost all Disney as we took two trips in 6 months :D )

I am also doing an album for my dad for fathers day that thanks him for all his years coaching me, my sister and my niece in softball. My niece is 10 and is very excited to help me with this one.

Do the albums for you! I love to go back occasionally and look at my pictures from a few years ago. It's amazing how much I've changed and the things I would have forgotten if I hadn't journaled about them in my scrapbooks.

I say GO FOR IT!!!! There are plenty of people who scrap and don't have kids! I am sure you have plenty to document about yourself,your interests,work,family,events,travels,hopes,dreams, childhood ect!!!
Grover in Winnipeg
:cool:

I too am about to take on that big undertaking - I do have the benefit of already having all my photos in semichronological order, as I put them all in magnetic albums when I was a teenager (with cutouts from magazines of course) But I have to solicit my family for more photos becuase there is a huge gap from 2 til 12 (result of being third daughter). I also have to 'UN-DO them from the album!

I can't wait to do it!

It isn't wierd and you will have a great time doing it - who else knows you better than you! Don't forget some heartfelt journalling though!

My question - exboyfriend pictures - oh my - I hate to ditch them but the DH wouldn't love looking at them - I saw somewhere a page about 'kissing a lot of frogs before you find your prince' I'm thinking something on that line might work!

Patty

Perdonally I don't feel that I have time to do one since I already have enough albums going on,however, it's a great idea. I think it was two months ago in Creating Keepsakes magazine that they started articles and ideas about doing a album for yourself. It had alot of good ideas. Maybe you could get ahold of it and gather some more ideas. Good luck!

I agree that it is not weird. But of course I am a double scrapping minority ;) no kids and MALE! LOL

I am just starting (less than a year, and only couple months really scrapping) and I have done pages on my dog, trip I have made, nephews first bday party, friend's babies and stuff in MY LIFE.

Get into it, it is great fun.

Mike

I don't think it's weird at all. I think its great. There is a book called "The Book of Me: A Guide to Scarpbooking About Yourself"

I just received a scrapbookclub enrollment in the mail and this is one of the books they offer.

Enjoy remembering your childhood it should be scrapbooked.

Have fun.

Laura

My dh's never-married 93 year old great aunt died a couple of months ago. Looking through her photos of vacations she took made me realize again the importance of scrapbooking, and especially the journalling!! We wish we could know where the beautiful places were and who she was with.

Hey!! When did I go over 1000 posts??:eek:

I know I am repeating others, but it is a great idea! I made a scrapbook for my husband of our like before kids: trips we took, holidays, partys and our wedding. He cried while looking through it and said it was the nicest thing I've ever done! Someday I want to go through his pictures from his childhood and do another album for him. And a childhood album for myself would be cool, too.

I think a lot of people get into scrapbooking because they have a lot of kid photos (that's how I did), but then you realize the importance of documenting everything!

Thanks for the advice.

Now that I've invested almost $80 in supplies from QVC, I guess I better start scrapping!! :D

Have fun with it and keep coming back here! We're a pretty nice group. We even let in a guy!:eek: Just kidding!!:wave: Mike!

I think you should. you may not have children but Gosh I am sure you have family that Will enjoy it You should make it to be a letter to your family and friends and to the future people you may notget to meet. You should add the cot of things at different times in your life and add lots of journaling and advice We scrapbookers are inspiring to others . I am told daily that I am so talented But I can't spell for anything!!! good luck and jump in and do it

I'm thinking of taking close-ups of some sentimental jewelry I have (ring I got for my sweet 16, my grandmother's engagement ring, my family ring I got for mom's day, jewelry from my wedding, etc.) and doing a 2 page spread on the pieces. That way if my dd should inherit the jewelry before I can tell her the significance
:( she would have it journalled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter