• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone ever received "pixie dust" for celebrating something at WDW?

PrincessDJC

Earning My Ears
When I set up the Magical Express, the CM on the phone asked if we were celebrating anything. I told her it was our anniversary. She immediately said she was making a note because they "definitely want to celebrate that with us". What do you think that means? Has anyone ever gotten anything "special" because Disney knew the trip was for an anniversary or similar event? Just curious. :)

It’s just the Cm’s way of getting you excited for your trip. They often ask about celebrations and respond to people in a similar way. They’ll make a note of it on your reservation, but most/many people have a similar note on their reservation. It probably doesn’t mean anything, but anything’s possible.

It's really hit or miss. You will get an anniversary button upon check in. If they don't offer, just ask for one. For my birthday most every CM that I passed wished me a happy birthday. Yachtsman hooked my kids up with a menu to take home and a special dessert when we were celebrating theirs. Narccoossee's completley ignored that fact that it was our 20th anniversary. I know others have had better experience with Narccoossee's. We checked in and the hostess said "i see you are celebrating your anniversary" and that's the extent of it.

We always go to WDW for my daughter's birthday and we mention it so that it's on our reservation. We have had cast members wish her a happy birthday when she scans for a fast pass. During character meets the characters are always happy to wish her a happy birthday as well, but being upgraded or anything like that doesn't really happen.

We've gone for a variety of special occasions and other than a button and cast members wishing a happy birthday or congratulations, that's it.

It's really hit or miss on whether anything will happen or not. You'll probably at least get an anniversary button, which is fun. I don't even mention celebrations anymore because we go 1-2 times a year and just make our own celebrations.

As someone mentioned people celebrate every milestone with a button at Disney- first trip, pre-school graduation, wedding, losing a tooth, completing chemo, anniversary, birthday, etc.

Disney can’t pixie dust everyone. We did a 25th and 15th anniversary trip- nothing. We were just happy being there.

It seems people expect “freebie pixie dusting” because they feel they are spending so much and “Disney is perfect”.

Like everyone said, it's really hit and miss. I celebrated my birthday last September on a 10 day trip, and got a free birthday dessert one day at dinner. This February I went with my Mom and we got upgraded to Club Level for one night and lots of free cupcakes/desserts for her birthday. It's hit and miss, but celebrate yourself! :)

We checked in to wl while my wife was wearing one of the Minnie bridal veils (it was our honeymoon). They upgraded our room from standard to one of the rooms at the top (sort of had bunker type balcony) and they decorated our room with balloons confetti chocolates and a card from Cinderella and Prince Charming

When I set up the Magical Express, the CM on the phone asked if we were celebrating anything. I told her it was our anniversary. She immediately said she was making a note because they "definitely want to celebrate that with us". What do you think that means? Has anyone ever gotten anything "special" because Disney knew the trip was for an anniversary or similar event? Just curious. :)
Absolutely. We got free champagne at Narcoossees and California Grill, plus specially "Happy Anniversary" decorated desserts. We got free Lapu Lapus at 'Ohana. A CM at 'Ohana serenaded us and had us renew our vows. We got cupcakes in a jewelry and figurine store in Magic Kingdom. Mousekeeping made a heart out of our leis on our bed at the Polynesian. Everyone (including guests and CM's) said, "Happy Anniversary" to us. We were interviewed by a bride on a scavenger hunt with her bridesmaids and posed for photos with them. All of this was for our 25th Anniversary.

I know there was more, but I can't remember all of it.

I had my birthday pin on and everyone kept saying Happy Birthday, all the cast members. Especially during the morning hours. Seems little, but it was a lot of fun! :)

I was at Disneyland on our shared birthday. Well, really DL is a few months older. Waited for fireworks that ended up getting cancelled. I think I was wearing a birthday button. The crowd control CM got the entire crowd to sing me happy birthday. That was interesting! I proceeded to Napa Rose for dinner and ended up with a birthday cupcake courtesy of my waiter.

Earlier in the day, I went on one of the backstage tours and got a free packahe of tortillas. And because I was at the gate so early and telling any CM it was my birthday and that I wanted to be the first one in the park, I got to be not the family of the day, but to enter and stand with them :)

It really is hit or miss. One year on my birthday we got back from the parks and there was a Disney gift basket (birthday ears, vinylmation, and a bunch of candy) that usually sold for like $50. Most of the time when we are celebrating something, we are lucky to get some confetti or something on the table when we sit down to eat. So we don't expect anything and then we are thrilled when something does happen.

When DD8 went on Space Mtn for the first time we got pixie dusted with a 2nd ride. Considering how much she raved about how awesome it was when she got off and STILL talks about 2 years later, that was enough for us. The manager at BOG came and talked to us, happened to come from Indy, so we spent a bit of time talking about the Indy 500. He came by later with an extra helping of grey stuff for DD.

We celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary in WDW. We got free glasses of champagne at the brown derby, free dessert at japan, free mickey bars one night at animal kingdom amd free popcorn also at animal kingdom. Something to note is we had the anniversary buttons on the whole trip and we went during a very low crowd time in September.

We had anniversarybuttons and once had staff at garden grove sing happy birthday to us
This was after we had complained about the server and it was extremely uncomfortable!
Other locations we received free desserts (I don’t eat dessert; dh most certainly does)

Birthdays have been acknowledged with birthday greetings & various cupcakes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter