Anyone Ever get the Gov't/Teachers Rate @Dolphin in March??

Bill From PA

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That
I just went on the Starwood Site and tried for a ressie on the Teacher's Rate for 2/27 - 3/6 2004. I was surprised that the site calendar went into 2004 but a message came back saying that there were no rooms available at that rate for that week. I'm hoping that we're just too early for this, but has anyone received this rate in late Feb./Early March? Perhaps they don't offer this certain times of the year? If so, we've got to go to Plan "B".

Bill From PA

Bill, you may actually be too late for it.
I booked my clients in 3 rooms at the teachers and nurses rates for the first week in March back in September.

I may be wrong, but I think they only allow so many rooms to be booked w/the discount. Once they're all taken, you're out of luck.

Maybe line up a reservation at another resort as a back-up, and keep trying. You never know, someone may cancel.

I called Dolphin about a month ago and was told that they didn't have any rate info in the system for more than a year out, remember, I'm looking at Feb./March 2004, not next Spring. The CM said to call back when I'm within a year. The SwanDolphin site won't allow an entry more than a year out. If I have to go elsewhere, so be it, but I'd hate to get shutout because of wrong info from a desk clerk.

Bill From PA

Sorry about that Bill thought it was 2003. For 2003 I was able to get it in Sept 2002. So I would just keep checking the website.

josierac,

Of course, you realize I was refering to the CM when I said, 'I'd hate to get shutout because of wrong info from a desk clerk.', right?

Bill From PA

Originally posted by Bill From PA
josierac,

Of course, you realize I was refering to the CM when I said, 'I'd hate to get shutout because of wrong info from a desk clerk.', right?

Bill From PA

Yes I did :D

I have the rate March 11-16 2003 at the Dolphin. I booked in July. I do think they sell out *somewhat*early because when I tried to switch it by a few days in September, I was out of luck!

Thanks, Mainebound,

That's one of the things I've been hoping to hear. I'm going to assume that reservations are not accepted more than a year in advance, at least not those involving a special rate. This is more or less what a CM at Dolphin told me last month. To be safe, I'm still going to try the web sites (Dolphin and Starwood) regularly and call in Jan. and Feb. Once 2/27 rolls around, we should be able to get a ressie. We'll be taking the whole crew, including granddaughter, this time so I want to be sure of getting two rooms in the Dolphin if at all possible. We sure got spoiled there last month.

Bill From PA

Bill i've been told in the past that to recieve the teacher discount at the Swan/Dolphin you need to call and that it doesn't allways show up on their website....

I'd call and ask rather than looking on the website..

bill definetaly go thru dreamsunlimited. I tried online for tis april and them called and still only half of the dates were available. When I told them I culd get them on DU she said to book it so I did. The reservation is connected into spg website and will earn points aswell. Good luck

I agree with trying Dreams Unlimited. For our trip last July, I called the Swan/Dolphin and was told that not only weren't there any discounted rooms, but there were NO ROOMS available at all for our dates. I went to www.dreamsunlimited.com and not only did I get a room, but two of the five nights were at the teacher's rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter