• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone ever create a photobook?

fernoppi

Mouseketeer
Has anyone created a photobook from online? I know of two companies, Shutterfly and MyPublisher. It seems pretty cool. My wedding photographer is going to make a "coffee table" photobook as part of our package. I also got a free book offer from Shutterfly so I thought I'd make a photobook of our engagement pictures. And then...I got a cool idea to go further and do our honeymoon trip, as well as our upcoming Disney World trip.

Just wondering if anyone has used either companies and what they thought about it. Thanks =)

I have made 2 photobooks through Shutterfly, both as a result of a free promo code. I definitely liked them a lot. They are well made and a lot of fun to design online.

I used MyPublisher when making Christmas gifts this past year. I made one book for DBF of photos from our WDW trip last summer. And I also designed a photo book of family pics from the year 2007 (i.e. birthday photos, holidays, vacations) and we ordered several copies and sent them to family members as a Christmas gift. All books were a hit! The only minor complaint I have is about the quality of a few of the pics; some have tiny, tiny lines on them, but most are barely noticeable. Next I want to try making a book with Blurb.com, they have so many more options for personalizing your designs, and if you sign up for their emails they will send you special offers, as well.

Have fun!

I have made a couple from Shutterfly.

My only piece of advice is to check spelling and when you're done, check spelling again.;) And when the books get in, if there is a spelling mistake, just say you included it for those obsessive people who like to find and point out mistakes.:teeth:

I have 2 books from Shutterfly. I designed my own digital scrapbook pages and used that instead of their templates and the books turned out beautifully.

I have 2 books from Shutterfly. I designed my own digital scrapbook pages and used that instead of their templates and the books turned out beautifully.

me too, but because i create my pages as 12x12, i ususally use only shutterfly as alot of photobook companies don't use that size.

I ordered my engagement photobook on Saturday and it's supposed to come by the end of the week! Crazy fast! =) I hope the print quality is good.

So how do you make a digital scrapbook page? Just using image programs like photoshop? I saw a book I think on shutterfly, someone who made a 12x12 book and it was SOOO cool. It was a Disney World book. So awesome.

It seems like doing a digital scrapbook/photobook would be a lot easier and cheaper, less time consuming than a real scrapbook. I always wanted to do scrapbooking, but didn't feel creative enough, but this seems like a way for me to ease into it =) Or maybe it's still just the same difficulty :confused3

Head into the scrapbook forum, we have a digital faq and lots of info for new to digital scrappers!

Our sunday paper had an ad for photobooks from ritz camera. Prices seemed reasonable. Can do instore or online.

Our sunday paper had an ad for photobooks from ritz camera. Prices seemed reasonable. Can do instore or online.

I work at Ritz camera and after getting a free book from Shutterfly (which was absolutely gorgeous) I wanted to use my employee discount to get additional xmas gifts for family. I quickly realized that you are very limited as to the design of the book. It's great if you just want your photos on plain black or white pages, but if you are looking to get creative, I'd stay away from Ritz.

Winkflash also is currently running a promotion for $19.99 for up to 100 pages. Time is limited but I just checked and they are still running it.

I
It seems like doing a digital scrapbook/photobook would be a lot easier and cheaper, less time consuming than a real scrapbook. I always wanted to do scrapbooking, but didn't feel creative enough, but this seems like a way for me to ease into it =) Or maybe it's still just the same difficulty :confused3

It is a lot easier and w/o the mess to clean up. It seems like a lot of money to put out at once, but you aren't buying tools, paper, pages, protectors, stickers, and you aren't printing lots of pictures, etc. I am doing far less tradtional scrapping and more digital.

I'll try to post a link to my digital albums...there is a share feature for the website:
http://www.cmphotocenter.com/photos/storybooks.php

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter