Anyone ever bought a candle from the Magic Candle Company advertised on the board?

BigBadDisneyDad

Mouseketeer
I’m interested in buying a couple, but was curious if they were as good as advertised? Which scents did you try, and how accurate are they?

I did. Bought the Wilderness Lodge scent for my husband for Christmas. It's his favorite place on earth. It smells pretty good. Not sure if it smells like it but it does remind him of WL. He burns it and listens to his WL playlist on Pandora. ;-)

Because of the kids love of the HM, we got that one and loved it. DH has purchased it a few times since.
My kids have asked for that one specifically. Does it smell like the actual attraction? Or just something like what the attraction would smell like?

They smell pretty great and I really like them however some of them are super strong and give my DD a headache almost instantly and she is not usually sensitive to scents. I have the wax melts and the car air fresheners. Contemporary and Banshee are pretty strong. I’ve decided to hang them in my closet so I can enjoy them without bothering anyone else. I find them to be true to the hotel or attractions smells.

They are ok. Some are spot on (Flying over Africa, Flying over Fiji), some are vaguely close (Pop Century) and some are...someone else's interpretation of what a place smells like (AKL, WL..)

I may be in the minority here, but I wasn’t super impressed with the essential oils I bought. Do not like Pirate Life at all. Smells chemically and not really pleasing. I love the ride so I went for it, but now realize it does not make for a great scent! Wilderness Lodge and Beach Resort are OK, but do not remind me of the resorts at all. It’s like they’re trying, but not quite right. Rome Burning is also OK, but very strong. It’s a mix of smoky and sweet almost.

Maybe their candles are better and I’d be willing to give them another try. I might not have picked the right scents. Also, I highly recommend Spireside for candles, wax melts and room sprays. They have some very good options too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter