Anyone ever been solo?

Cdaniels1987

Mouseketeer
Ok so around end of Feb/March next year I will be heading to Marne La Valle/Val D' Europe with work, I will be there 4 days, but I will only have actual work stuff to do on the first and last day, so I will have two free days.... So I had this amazing idea of visiting DLP, I have only ever been with my wife and obviously we love it, but feel a bit apprehensive about visiting there on my own.

They are even talking about us staying in the Kyriad as its close to all the work we have to do etc, so it seems perfect. I don't really know many of the work colleagues going, and unfortunately we also wont be free on the same days as we all have different stuff we have to do.

Has anyone been solo before? Will I look sort of out of place on my own?

I've been solo a lot of times. You definitely won't look out of place. It will take you a little to get used to it. When I go solo I always find myself mentally trying to ask one of my usual travelmates something for the first hour or so. :rotfl: But no one will bat an eyelid.

I've been solo to Disneyworld Florida and will be solo in Disneyland Paris this December. If I looked out of place I didn't notice because I was having so much fun! Definitely do it if you can!

Ok so around end of Feb/March next year I will be heading to Marne La Valle/Val D' Europe with work, I will be there 4 days, but I will only have actual work stuff to do on the first and last day, so I will have two free days.... So I had this amazing idea of visiting DLP, I have only ever been with my wife and obviously we love it, but feel a bit apprehensive about visiting there on my own.

They are even talking about us staying in the Kyriad as its close to all the work we have to do etc, so it seems perfect. I don't really know many of the work colleagues going, and unfortunately we also wont be free on the same days as we all have different stuff we have to do.

Has anyone been solo before? Will I look sort of out of place on my own?

Why go solo?. If you know your dates and am going to be free 2 of the 4 days, why not book the wife to come over and meet up with you. That wan you can spend every eveing together, they can have an extra 2 days in the park then 2 with you..?

OMG if work sent me to the Kyriad and I had 2 free days, I'd be off to DLP every free day, all day, like a shot :cool1:!

I can't wait until my DD is old enough to be left so I can hop off to DLP for a solo trip :).

I have never done is but I would LOVE to! Im just waiting for the day when my DS wants to skip a visit to I can go on my own. Don't get me wrong, I just love DLP with my DS and DH, but I could happily spend a whole day just walking around, taking pics, sitting on a bench and watching the world go by - not much chance of that when I'm there with my 2 men lol

Go for it!!:goodvibes

Why go solo?. If you know your dates and am going to be free 2 of the 4 days, why not book the wife to come over and meet up with you. That wan you can spend every eveing together, they can have an extra 2 days in the park then 2 with you..?

Well I'm already planning on taking her as a surprise for her birthday or possibly anniversary, also she doesn't get much holiday from work, so would be a slight waste as we would only be able to spend 2 of the days together, also the 2 days are subject to change, as in they might no end up falling in a row.

Add another vote for going solo is no concern! Never done DLP solo, but I've done Disneyland California solo and had a GREAT time!! I would certainly do it again (or any of the other parks) if I found myself nearby, with time, on a solo trip!

DLPdaft said:
OMG if work sent me to the Kyriad and I had 2 free days, I'd be off to DLP every free day, all day, like a shot :cool1:!

I can't wait until my DD is old enough to be left so I can hop off to DLP for a solo trip :).

Haha I feel ya! We've dumped the kids for a day trip and for four days this year. I don't care what people say, Disney isn't just for kids ;)

My DF did too solo trips before we were together, and also a few days this year between work in Paris. However, it wasn't just a quick work trip as he was based there - I like the other posters idea of bringing your wife over with you and having those few days with her in the park. I sent my DF on tasks in the parks for me so he felt I was there, but he didn't enjoy himself so much as he felt I was missing. If you get the chance though, go! (Though I think the fact we have Dream AP's makes it easier as it would be a waste not to use them when we're near. But he'd actually never have gone if he had to buy day passes).

I took a solo trip in January and I have another one in two weeks!!

You'll be having too much fun to feel out of place! When I stopped and looked around especially during the parades I saw plenty of fellow solo-trippers. Don't worry about a thing :)

Thanks all :), in all honesty, I wouldn't have anything else to do on my free days anyway, so why not make the most of it!

Was just kind of apprehensive at the thought of doing it alone, but then i'll be back in a few months with the wife :D

Have gone solo in DLP a few times in the past year - all I can say is I really enjoyed myself, and the added bonus of going solo (over going with friends/family) is that you can determine your own schedule!

Will add though that I always have a Kindle with me - this means that when I'm queuing up or waiting for the parade/Dreams I have something to occupy my time. Kindle also worked great for me when I went and had meals in Walt's/Blue Lagoon on my own...

Yeah I will have my tablet with me to keep me occupied in queues, also for the evenings in the hotel, also I'll probably have some work I can get on with.

I'll probably just end up doing counter service for food as I won't feel as odd as I would having a proper sit down meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter