Anyone else started Christmas shopping ?

Survived the Kohl's Veteran's Day sale with only 2 previously unplanned gift purchases: a pair of slippers for DD20, and a Spiderman TShirt for her boyfriend. I also got DD some sweatpants and shirts, but those had always been planned, I was just waiting for this sale to pick them up. The sweats came in exactly as budgeted, and the slippers + Tshirt were less than $15 total between the two. So not too bad.

But of course, I also placed about 10 orders of stuff for me :)

That Kohls veterans day sale was.. I was bad. LOL

I wasn't really THAT bad, but I did pick up five separate orders. A tunic-y style shirt for me, because I've FINALLY gotten on the legging bandwagon. And then a fancy lace romper for the 15 y/o, and dresses for the 12yo, 7yo, and... me. I couldn't help it. But each came out to like 15-17 dollars so honestly that's pretty great!

I've been doing pretty well the last week finishing up most of the people on my list.
I got dh his stuff aside from a couple things in my Amazon cart for him.
I ordered my dd an Aerogarden this morning.
I ordered my ds an iphone SE, and a case.
I got my IL's meal delivery ordered.
I got my boots and iphone.
Have to finish my other ds, who can't make up his mind, my dad and my friend's dd and stocking stuffers.

Yes we mostly do stocking too so almost done
I shop all year round for people I know, if I see something I know someone would like I buy it and save it for the Holidays, or Birthdays, etc.

It is very wise to start shopping now if you are ordering. Mail and delivery services are going to be heavily burdened this year. I have almost all of my shopping done already. I started last month.

I picked up a video game for DS today with a Best Buy store credit, a $5 off post card coupon from Best Buy and I had them price match Walmart for $10 less.
Picked up kohl’s veteran sale pants for DH that I will give him for Xmas.

Finished this morning! With DHs main pressie, 75 inch TV for media room. Sadly in Australia so dont get the amazing deals that you guys get in the US. Tree is up, house is decorated, presents are wrapped and under it (apart from the dogs which are hidden).

Crossed off a few more things. I ordered a game from Target for my BIL, a jacket from Old Navy for my sister, a purse from Macy's for my Mom, and Obama's new book from Amazon for my Mom. I'm getting close. I think I just have my step mom and nephew left. My nephew is a reader, so I just need to text him and he will send me a list of books to order him, I just need to do it. Not sure yet what to get my step mom - she is an amazing cook, so I was thinking maybe some new dish towels/cloths/pot holders.

We are done, except for one gift for my husband. I have NEVER been done this early, but was motivated by possible shipping delays. I am hoping my son in the military gets his package before Christmas! Tree is up, but with two new kittens, no ornaments. The cats view it as their playground :)

I have completed my shopping as well... I think... when the last gift arrives I will decide then if I want to add something small.
Gifts wrapped, 1 box to mail out. Should of gone into town today but ya know.
Nonperishable food purchased.
DH and DS brought decorations down earlier today. Doubt I will start today but now I can when the mood strikes.
Stay safe everyone!

We are done, except for one gift for my husband. I have NEVER been done this early, but was motivated by possible shipping delays. I am hoping my son in the military gets his package before Christmas! Tree is up, but with two new kittens, no ornaments. The cats view it as their playground :)

Tie up the tree! Seriously! We use thin green wire.

Signed, woman with 4 cats.

P.S. We're talking about having a separate little tree, with ornaments filled with catnip, just for the kitties. I'll probably live to regret it. And you need to see this ad (stolen from the "Christmas commercials" thread):

I finished up most everything I expect to buy with the Black Friday sales that started last night.
- Got the TV I wanted at Best Buy as soon as their full sale started (it wasn't available during any of their pre-BF sales). Love their curbside pickup :)
- Picked up a couple of the small appliances at Kohl's that will be nearly free after rebate for DD20s "future apartment stash", along with a pair of jeans and a top for myself.

The last things I need to buy are new cell phones for myself and DD. But they aren't gifts (DD is paying for hers), just something we need and were waiting to see if any great deals came up on the ones we want. But nothing is really coming up, so it's pretty much time to just pull the trigger. DDs phone is on it's last legs and who knows how many more days it will last...

Other than that, I'm not really looking for anything else, and I'm sort of tired of reading all the deal websites so it's just about time to call it done. Well, other than Home Depots $1 poinsettias - I saw a post from someone who said they worked for Home Depot saying that there still was a Thanksgiving day ad coming out so fingers crossed!

Hi everyone... OP here.

DH and I just got back from the Maggie Valley NC area, and it was wonderful...

I did get some gifts while we were on vacation...

We stopped at Adcock's, Pecans and Jellies in Tifton GA, on the way up... I picked up quite a few things, jellies, jams, marinades, onion mustard, and of course pecans... some of these are gifts and stocking stuffer's and several item are for us. Nothing like Georgia Peach preserve's, so good!!

Second stop was as the Sock Shoppe in Griffin GA. on the way up.. it is a mill store.... and they have alot more thing than just socks.. for sure... I did pick out the socks that my mom gives everyone for Christmas each year. I did pick up some towels for my bathrooms which you always need towels. DH found some undershirts, and work socks, and a few American T-shirt's, and under armor T-shirts. I found a pair of sleep pants for DD, undershirts for our DSIL and I did pick up some footies for me... I think I got a couple more things, but I haven't had a chance to really unpack everything yet...

We did spend a couple of day shopping and looking around in Maggie Valley, Cherokee, and Waynesville... I did pick up some more stuff. My favorite store in Maggie Valley is the Cabbage Rose, they have the best stuff!!! They carry this line of fancy soaps and lotions that my mom loves, and they had her favorite fragrance in stock, which I did pick up for her. I also added to my snowman collection 2 new snowmen, the Christmas room is just amazing with really nice and different items... I picked up some lotions for myself, that DH is giving me for Christmas in my stocking... LOL

I found a eyeglass case for my mom, with Elvis on it, she will be over the moon about it... LOL... We bought some T-shirts which I call boat shirts, that we use.... for well when we are on the boat lol... American flag shirts with lots of saying...

I did find a large lantern for my stairwell, which DH and I have been on the search for, and it was a score for us... Now then... we had to get it home, as it had real glass in it... I will say that we wrapped it up in some of the towels that I bought, and I had a king size pillowcase that I had used for something else, and it fit nicely in it, and it made it home... Yay!!!

We did go over to Asheville one day, and DH hit up the Sportsman's warehouse, which is next to the outlet mall... Old navy had a really good sale going on, pick up the rest of my Grandson clothing for Christmas, 50% off on jeans... and it is returnable at any old Navy, so that was good.. I found a few thing at Loft for myself... the problem was they are are warm wear and its to hot here for me to get any use out of them, so I skipped everything but a nice sleeveless shirt... I live in Fl, and that pretty much all I wear...

I will say, to watch your on-line orders, and the delivery dates... I ordered something's that were suppose to be here this coming week, when I checked it was back ordered to next year, which is the 2nd time they change the delivery date... So I cancelled the order... I really hate dealing with Amazon, and the Amazon customer service rep, could have cared less about doing her job... So I have to rethink these gift...

I am going out Black Friday shopping... I must get my list out, and see where I stand... and I have to start wrapping this weekend and decorate my home...

So how is everyone doing...

Happy Shopping... and may the Shopping Force be with you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter