Anyone else over the mask/distancing rules?

This year I will be staying up until midnight on New Years Eve just to make sure we made it to 2021 and do a virtual bunt to 2020. Just think of how far we have come and how long we have done this. It will be like being ungrounded as a kid to like the one thousandth.

I haven't even gone on my Disney trip this year and I am already excited about the next time when everything goes back to normal. I don't believe there will be a new normal. I mean, other then maybe people will wash their hands regularly.

this Is going right down the mask debate lane....but I just want to say...do you realize we are wearing masks during a global pandemic to protect others?
yes i do...that was the whole overarching point of all of my words. wearing masks protects others...agreed. others health is none of my business or concern, just as mine is none of yours. do you know why i didnt announce at work the results of my yearly coctors exam...because my health is none of my coworkers business. do you know why my mom didnt go over her yearly doctor visit with me...because my moms health is none of my business. sure, i absolutely wish others well and good health, but if an overweight person wants to eat a second double cheeseburger, or if an 18 year old wants to try smoking because it seems cool, it is none of my business. im guessing we agree on this more than you realize; this virus is just clouding your judgement.

yes i do...that was the whole overarching point of all of my words. wearing masks protects others...agreed. others health is none of my business or concern, just as mine is none of yours. do you know why i didnt announce at work the results of my yearly coctors exam...because my health is none of my coworkers business. do you know why my mom didnt go over her yearly doctor visit with me...because my moms health is none of my business. sure, i absolutely wish others well and good health, but if an overweight person wants to eat a second double cheeseburger, or if an 18 year old wants to try smoking because it seems cool, it is none of my business. im guessing we agree on this more than you realize; this virus is just clouding your judgement.
This is such a load of uninformed nonsense. Ever hear of the discipline of public health? It’s an actual thing—been around for hundreds of years. “Public health is the art and science of preventing disease, prolonging life, and promoting health through the organized efforts of society. The goal of public health is the biologic, physical, and mental well-being of all members of society.” (Oxford medicine). Public health measures have been called on for centuries in situations of outbreaks and epidemics. So yes, sometimes your health is my business and sometimes my health is your business. Make some effort to be a decent citizen.

The reason places have gone to non smoking and have designated areas is so that others don't inhale secondhand smoke. We have gotten use to that. I am not a smoker and absolutely despise walking through cigarette smoke. I think i t is extremely inconsiderate when people disregard others health and safety.
The bottom line is we all hate wearing masks. I thank everyone who does. I have to do it for work and I work outside. This summer was a killer. I hate, hate, double hate, loathe entirely wearing a mask. I do it to show people I am considerate even though I know that most masks we are wearing do just about nothing.
Other peoples health quickly becomes your business when they share their illness with you. I am not a liberal or even buy into everything spewed in the media but, I will do my part to make others feel better.

We are all over it.

We are going back next week - we know what we are in for. Have read a ton of reports, seen a lot of pictures and read Disney's emails. Disappointed it's getting more crowded but get it.

Since we go all the time and know we will be back, the cuts should not bother us. We are ready and need to get out of our bubble here.

Worried about airport and flight - will wear mask and bringing shield just in case I/we are not comfortable. We all have different comfort/risk levels for various reasons. To each his own.

Having said that, I am sure I will have my own thoughts on my trip next week. I rather be safe than sorry. We did not get sick at home and don't want to get sick now but we shall see soon.

I have been in WDW for a week and until these “guidelines” are reduced/eliminated I won’t be returning. We left a family of 6 at a bus stop when they could have easily fit on a bus. Being patronized because I was not taking a sip of water at the exact moment the cast member was passing by is OLD.
Parks being closed super early, no park hopping, no fast passes. Anyone else tired of it? Just me?

I am right there with you!

We have a 14 day trip planned for Nov (was rescheduled from March closure and before the mask mandates were set).
I tried cancelling on MDE but says I need to call to cancel so will plan a few hours to sit on hold this week to get it done.
If they eased up on the mask restrictions to indoors only and allowed mask drop for photopass, we would reconsider.

this virus has killed .014% (1,100,000/7,800,000,000) of us. not .014 (1.4%), .014%. it has spread through most everywhere in the world that there are people, and still has only killed .014% of us. it has killed 215,000 americans while 30,000,000 are unemployed. there comes a point where the cure is worse than the disease. the bleeding hearts for the 28000 employees laid off could help if disney was able to welcome all people right now (you cant welcome mask wearers and non mask wearers if you mandate masks. if masks werent mandated, mask wearers and non mask wearers could both go and 28000 employees wouldnt have been laid off). if we can start from the premise that 1 persons death is worth 30million not being unemployed, we are only talking about how many are worth it. if most people agree that a job is "1b" importance to health "1a", a reasonable person thinks a certain number of deaths is worth 30million not being unemployed. and this is coming from a household that thankfully has two essential jobs and havent been affected financially by coronavirus. have some empathy for those who do not know how they are going to pay novembers rent in two weeks. even the overwhelming majority of pediatricians say "get the kids back in school before we hurt them more mentally and emotionally than the virus kills physically". but thats a problem of both democrats and republicans...democrats believe in science until it says put kids back in school during coronavirus and republicans believe in science until climate change scientists speak ill of the oil industry. its all skeevy.
You can do all that while still employing excellent public health practices.

The reason places have gone to non smoking and have designated areas is so that others don't inhale secondhand smoke. We have gotten use to that. I am not a smoker and absolutely despise walking through cigarette smoke. I think i t is extremely inconsiderate when people disregard others health and safety.
The bottom line is we all hate wearing masks. I thank everyone who does. I have to do it for work and I work outside. This summer was a killer. I hate, hate, double hate, loathe entirely wearing a mask. I do it to show people I am considerate even though I know that most masks we are wearing do just about nothing.
Other peoples health quickly becomes your business when they share their illness with you. I am not a liberal or even buy into everything spewed in the media but, I will do my part to make others feel better.
the reason i used smoking as an analogy, which you are now turning around and trying to coop, is because smoking is not innate to being alive. alive chickens carry around germs that they can give to chickens, snow leopards carry around germs that they can give to snow leopards, people carry around germs that they can give to people. germs are an innate part of being alive and around others. smoking is a choice that you are trying to push upon me (through secondhand), just like wearing masks is a choice that you are trying to push upon others. i hear a lot of "if you dont want to wear a mask, stay home". the literal opposite is how things have been forever till now. if you dont want to get someones germs, stay home. thats the way being part of a population works. its not my job to not give you my cold when cold season arrives, its your job to protect yourself from getting my cold.

You can do all that while still employing excellent public health practices.
i agree with that. its really a difference of degree. we agree that we dont want people dead and i assume we agree we dont want people unemployed...we are just disagreeing on what ratio is acceptable. :)

I have been in WDW for a week and until these “guidelines” are reduced/eliminated I won’t be returning. We left a family of 6 at a bus stop when they could have easily fit on a bus. Being patronized because I was not taking a sip of water at the exact moment the cast member was passing by is OLD.
Parks being closed super early, no park hopping, no fast passes. Anyone else tired of it? Just me?
That happened to us (a family of 5) and that would have been understandable, IF they sent a second bus to get us...but....at least during our trip, they did not. That added an hour to our bus wait - NOT cool! Otherwise though, the protocols are working so if the parks can be open, it's not broke, don't fix it. The last thing we need is an outbreak tied to the parks. I get you though - I'm really looking forward to rides and shows being at 100% capacity again.

I was there in September and while face coverings in the florida heat are not the greatest together, i didn't mind because 1. peace of mind 2. no need for make up 3. automatic sun protection
I also liked the social distancing in the ride lines, I've never liked people so close to me in personal space (hope this stays around). The plexi glass dividers don't bother me either. The antibacterial machines and hand washing stations were a huge plus for me because i'm a big handwasher anyway. The one thing i thought was a little over the top was the no picture without mask policy, even when no one else is around. I understand Disney does this, but maybe ease up a bit for quick family pic. Overall, if following the guidelines (even the annoying parts) means we get to vacation safely during a global pandemic, seems like a small price to pay.

the reason i used smoking as an analogy, which you are now turning around and trying to coop, is because smoking is not innate to being alive. alive chickens carry around germs that they can give to chickens, snow leopards carry around germs that they can give to snow leopards, people carry around germs that they can give to people. germs are an innate part of being alive and around others. smoking is a choice that you are trying to push upon me (through secondhand), just like wearing masks is a choice that you are trying to push upon others. i hear a lot of "if you dont want to wear a mask, stay home". the literal opposite is how things have been forever till now. if you dont want to get someones germs, stay home. thats the way being part of a population works. its not my job to not give you my cold when cold season arrives, its your job to protect yourself from getting my cold.
Then I guess you don’t care if the kid flipping your burger washes his hands after using the bathroom. After all it’s not his job to keep his fecal matter off your burger, it’s your job to make sure you don’t eat it.

I was there in September and while face coverings in the florida heat are not the greatest together, i didn't mind because 1. peace of mind 2. no need for make up 3. automatic sun protection
I also liked the social distancing in the ride lines, I've never liked people so close to me in personal space (hope this stays around). The plexi glass dividers don't bother me either. The antibacterial machines and hand washing stations were a huge plus for me because i'm a big handwasher anyway. The one thing i thought was a little over the top was the no picture without mask policy, even when no one else is around. I understand Disney does this, but maybe ease up a bit for quick family pic. Overall, if following the guidelines (even the annoying parts) means we get to vacation safely during a global pandemic, seems like a small price to pay.
we actually are having fun with the mask for photos...it marks the year for you when you look back in 40 years. we have been to two zoos, two aquariums, and another attraction during coronavirus. 4 of them allowed us to remove our mask for the picture, but we were like "heck no, this will help us remember this was coronavirus year!". haha.

Then I guess you don’t care if the kid flipping your burger washes his hands after using the bathroom. After all it’s not his job to keep his fecal matter off your burger, it’s your job to make sure you don’t eat it.
dirty is different than germy. yes, he needs to wash his dirty hands. but, that kid is fo sho wiping his sweat off his brow and itching his eyeball while putting the condiments and such on my burger. we actually dont eat out a lot because we dont like kids wiping their brow cooking our food (i know, seems odd considering my mask approach). i just dont consider something that has killed .014% of us a public health crisis. in kind, if you dont want my cold or potential coronavirus, dont go to voluntary vacation destinations. that seems reasonable. now, if legislatures want to enact laws on masks, i am all for that. in a democracy, sometimes my candidate wins, sometimes my issue loses. i dont like executive orders, whether its a democrat issuing them or a republican issuing them. thats what the legislatures for. if im in the minority, and its a law to wear a mask, then thats the way it is. you win some you lose some.

Being patronized because I was not taking a sip of water at the exact moment the cast member was passing by is OLD.
We have a short trip planned that we might cancel. Being scolded is not my idea of magical, especially when you are trying your best to follow rules you don't completely agree with. Might do resort-only. Easier to manage masks for short periods at a time.

Ewwwwww.

We were there in August, and while it was hard wearing masks in the heat, they really don’t bother us that much in our daily life. I’m prepared to wear them however long we need to, BUT, what I wish would change is how very strict the rules are currently. I’m hoping someday, maybe in the summer or fall of 2021, the rules can be relaxed to where it’s ok to have them off outdoors, or to snag a quick bite or drink without having to be stationary. I think they have to be super strict right now though, as much as I don’t like it.

My post was about being considerate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter