Anyone else mad about no more extended MK hours for deluxe guests?

I’m very glad that they are doing EEH at DAK and hope that that continues through party season.

But 7:00-9:00??

EEH works because many guests (especially families) can’t or won’t stay out late at night. A lot of deluxe guests either skip EEH altogether or head home early. Especially by the end of a night with EEH going until 1:00 a.m., the park is almost empty and the lines are amazing.

If it’s from 7:00 to 9:00, I suspect that a very high percentage of deluxe guests will attend. Pandora will be wall to wall, and the line for FOP will take up almost the entire event.

I’m very glad that they are doing EEH at DAK and hope that that continues through party season.

EEH works because many guests (especially families) can’t or won’t stay out late at night. A lot of deluxe guests either skip EEH altogether or head home early. Especially by the end of a night with EEH going until 1:00 a.m., the park is almost empty and the lines are amazing.

If it’s from 7:00 to 9:00, I suspect that a very high percentage of deluxe guests will attend. Pandora will be wall to wall, and the line for FOP will take up almost the entire event.
DAK EEH are normal park hours for the other 3 gates.

You may get lucky in that some guests won't be able to close a park down and hop to another park and close that one down. Seems very simple with Epcot and MK right now. Not so much with AK.

Fair point, but Animal Kingdom is (albeit not substantially) less popular than the other 3 parks, and because of the animals, I wouldn't be surprised if EEH at Animal Kingdom ends up a bit muted with a few attractions closed off.

The first night or several they offer EEH at Animal Kingdom it will probably be very busy, but if they routinely offer this, I would not expect huge crowds.

One Spring Break trip, they opened the park an hour early the night before. Luckily we were staying onsite and received an automated message in our room phone. Talk about last minute.
This happened to us one trip too. DH and DS had already planned to do the early morning at 8AM, and just the week before, it was 8AM, sometime that week we were there, it changed to 7AM. Luckily saw it the night before. Extra early rush in the AM, but 6 rides in a row on Space Mtn was worth it to them.

Also, did want to add that the possible MK change did kind of affect DH's trip next January. he specifically booked BLT for a few nights to be able to walk back after the late night....he's thinking of switching resorts if he can, and if they don't offer, but will see. We did enjoy late night at MK for a Tron ride, and cooler temps, but the wait times were still longer than expected during that first 1/2 to hour of the time, while regular guests were clearing out. We'll be trying out the HS night in a few weeks. Hope we can get some rides in, but I'm worried they'll still have lots of regular guests in most of the lines.

I would be really upset/disappointed if I had planned a trip around the expected MK hours for deluxe guests. While Disney CAN make the change with short notice, it’s poor customer relations.

I remember several years back we had saved up for a trip during Star Wars weekends for our daughter, and that was the year they announced they were canceling them a few months before they would have happened, of course after we had spent considerable $$ to book everything, and before Covid so plane tickets were basically non refundable. It was the start of the end of my love affair with going into the parks.

Many of us need to book trips many months ahead. I have a hard time believing this schedule change for MK extra Deluxe hours, or the Star Wars Weekends cancellation weren’t known by Disney months before the announcement - they were just delayed to get as many bookings as possible for an experience they knew wouldn’t deliver. Seems to be in line with their current short sighted marketing strategy.

Now that our kids are grown, we just don’t book our DVC reservations around any park activities. We mostly just enjoy the resorts, golfing, and Downtown Disney. If it works out to go into a park while we are there, we might for a day. Before we always bought a ticket to last the length of our stay. But after all, since we are DVC, as Disney told us, ‘we only paid for a room.’

Truth.

But coming from the west coast, we always stay on west coast time the whole trip and EEH is gold for us.

And yeah Pandora gonna be packed but awesome. Hoping EEH for MK and dak for our trip in March.

Yes I am upset. October 25th should be EEH at MK while the EEH at HS should be on Tuesday or Wednesday that week. I hated that they took away my 3 FPs for Genie+ which I refuse to purchase, but at least having an EEH night allowed hotel guests to get on some rides w/o a ridiculous wait time.

I also remember the parks, particularly MK, being open much later than they currently are.

Hope WDW posts the remaining schedule for 2023 soon. Much easier to outline our plans with that info. Hard to figure out what night to buy JN or MVMCP tickets, special dining reservations and park days without that info.

Do people think MK will really close at 9 on October 30 or will they possibly change that? That's so early :(

Do people think MK will really close at 9 on October 30 or will they possibly change that? That's so early :(
Disney lately has been in the habit of extending park hours a couple of weeks out, not when the initial hours are released.

Wait until mid-October and see if the hours have changed by then.

I would expect the park to be open until 10 pm. It does put a damper on people’s plans when they book an end of night dinner at 9 pm; however it does open extra ADRs (they add ADRs randomly after they’ve changed hours 2 weeks before a trip). Touring plans sends a notification if you sign up. WDW should be doing that for onsite guests at least.

I’m hoping they keep Mk until 10 pm

My family is really bummed about this too! We have been the last two Octobers, and they EEH at MK even thought the Halloween Party was happening on other nights. MK has the most rides and is the best use if EEH. My kids have been planning that night all year and I haven’t told them it’s cancelled yet because I keep hoping they bring it back :(

The app now shows Extended Evening hours for Monday November 13 and Wednesday November 15 are both EPCOT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter