Anyone else here like Innoventions?

wishspirit

When you wish upon a star!
or Interventions as Bawb calls it! :lmao:

Its got a bad rep from the Unplugged team but does anyone else like it?

I love it whenever i go, i like seeing the new stuff and get hands on with it. I still remeber going to disney when i was 7 and looking around the 'house of tomorrow' a lot of that has become common place now, rather than super futuristic (except maybe the toilet that wipes ur butt! :rotfl:)

Anyone else like going here in Epcot?

Its always one of the first stops after Soarin' and Test Track, to go before it gets busy!

I haven't gone to Innoventions in a few years, but I think I'm going to make a point of trying it out again next trip. I think the kids will like it, they like anything like that with games and computers, ect...so I tink we'll give it a shot, if we don't like it, we'll just go back to do Soarin' again.

To me, it is the most boring thing in the world! Yet I am still forced into it by my kids everytime we go to Epcot.

My Daughter loves it. I really go there for her, but I do like going through the attractions with her. We get a chance to to bond while experiencing the attractions.

I also like the fact of getting cooled off during the hot summer months in a relatively uncrowded area inside these pavillions.

My Daughter loves it. I really go there for her, but I do like going through the attractions with her. We get a chance to to bond while experiencing the attractions.

I'm going to try Innoventions again for this reason and because Bawb seems to really recommend it for the kids, but I think we will skip the garbage thing.
I was snoring along with the pod casters while Bawb was describing it.
No offense to Bawb, but I think I'll reserve learning about trash for another day. ;)

I love the House of Tomorrow! We've seen so many things in there that showed up in stores several years later, like the mulch that doesn't fade or deteriorate,made from recycled tires. My kids always have to play that silly Tag game with the trolley & ice cream cones (drives me nuts :upsidedow )

I love the House of Tomorrow! We've seen so many things in there that showed up in stores several years later, like the mulch that doesn't fade or deteriorate,made from recycled tires. My kids always have to play that silly Tag game with the trolley & ice cream cones (drives me nuts :upsidedow )

Yep!

I saw robotic hoovers there, we now have one at home. They talked about having a tv that also played music and you could store your favorite tracks. My friend has one of those. I can't remember them predicting TiVo though!

We always make both side of Innoventions stops on our Epcot tour. Our kids love the games (even though I think we have all of them at home it is cooler to play them at WDW), love all of the hands on things and DH & I love the tech stuff that they have around. DH seems to think that the House of Tomorrow is his personal shopping guide :rolleyes: and we've ended up with a few ideas and items from the various houses in our own home.

And making paper is fun for the kids and a super cheap (i.e. free) souvie.

It's not high on my list, but my kids love it. As I listened to the description of the trash, I was thinking "I hope they still have this in July, the kids will have a ball". :laughing:

I know in general Epcot gets labeled boring for kids, but since mine were toddlers, they have loved all the interactive stuff. In fact this summer we have 1 park day before a cruise and my 11 & 8 year old unanimously chose Epcot...and they agree on very little. ;)

Only for the Segway Tour.

Same here. I should qualify that. I have only been in "Interventions" to take the Segway Tour. I might have to add it to my list for my next trip.

Yes, I make a list of things I want to see or do. Things I have missed in my last few trips or never did. It's the way I was raised. Lists are essential to life and remembering the important stuff.

Kim

It is the only place in Disney I refuse to go in - so DH,DD and DS spend time in there and I sit outside and people watch. So I do love Inaventions as I get 30 minutes peace and quiet in my favourite place :love:

I also like the fact of getting cooled off during the hot summer months in a relatively uncrowded area inside these pavillions.

Ditto. Because we thought it wasn't at all exciting, we avoided going into Innoventions for many years. In January 2006, DD (8 at the time) dragged me in to do the Kidcot station there, and she loved it! We ended up spending an hour or so, just going from one exhibit to another. DD now makes it a point to have me schedule at least an hour or so on each trip for us to wander around Innoventions.

One of our 4 yr oid granddaughters just loves Innoventions. Last October was her 2nd time there. She loves the Rockin' Robots and making the plastic robots.

I remember loving Innoventions "back in the day." I wasn't as impressed this last trip (my first trip since 2000). Well, except for the Segway tour--that totally rocked! However, DH and I did do the trash exhibit that was talked about on the podcast. It really was a lot of fun. The interactive screen video games were fun to play and were actually kind of challenging. (I discovered that I would not make a good bulldozer driver!) It doesn't take very long to go through the exhibit, and it was interesting to see how much trash the computer estimated that we create each year. If you've got some extra time and the line's not long, I would recommend that you try this out for yourself. I feel like the podcast team (except Bob, of course) didn't really give it a fair shot.

Sadly, I didn't get to visit Innoventions but i'm sure I would love it since I love the Science Museum here in London but that might just be because its free...

Sadly, I didn't get to visit Innoventions but i'm sure I would love it since I love the Science Museum here in London but that might just be because its free...

I haven't been to the science museum in AGES! Its back on my 'to-do' list! It is a bit like that, very hands on, but not in the same way...

I haven't been to the science museum in AGES! Its back on my 'to-do' list! It is a bit like that, very hands on, but not in the same way...

Well, the only really good bit of the science museum is the basement, with all the really hands on stuff. I want to go to Innoventions now...:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter