Anyone else having weirdness with WDW site (on computer)?

kboo

DIS Veteran
I logged on earlier tonight (10/7) to pick magic bands, etc and also wanted to see what cash prices and deals, and points levels might be over the summer for a hypothetical trip with my sister and her family in 2019 or 2020 ... I have no more points but could rent points if we were to go in 2019, or would need to plan my points better in 2020 (or borrow... the horror!).

Anyway ... after each login, it kicks me over to the English/UK site. and if I choose English/US, it keeps sending me back to the UK. Not that I have anything against the UK, but I'm assuming the room deals, etc would be different!

Is this happening to anyone else? Any suggestions on a fix?

I can’t access the MDE portion of the Disney World site....don’t know if it’s related but thought I’d through it out there.....

MDE was allowing me to reassign my active Gold AP to any/all of my Friends and Family. It has been activated since April this year!

I logged on earlier tonight (10/7) to pick magic bands, etc and also wanted to see what cash prices and deals, and points levels might be over the summer for a hypothetical trip with my sister and her family in 2019 or 2020 ... I have no more points but could rent points if we were to go in 2019, or would need to plan my points better in 2020 (or borrow... the horror!).

Anyway ... after each login, it kicks me over to the English/UK site. and if I choose English/US, it keeps sending me back to the UK. Not that I have anything against the UK, but I'm assuming the room deals, etc would be different!

This happened to me several months ago and drove me crazy. No matter what I did to designate US, it wouldn't 'stick' and went back to UK. I called IT and he supposedly 'fixed it' but a half hour later, it was back to UK. I went to EDGE instead of Chrome and it was US so from then on, I've been using EDGE when I go to Disney site.

Try a different browser and see if it would work for you until IT can figure it out. And yes... prices, promotions and packages were different. You need US.

A stab in the dark: do you have a VPN on that might connect you through a UK server?

This happened to me several months ago and drove me crazy. No matter what I did to designate US, it wouldn't 'stick' and went back to UK. I called IT and he supposedly 'fixed it' but a half hour later, it was back to UK. I went to EDGE instead of Chrome and it was US so from then on, I've been using EDGE when I go to Disney site.

Try a different browser and see if it would work for you until IT can figure it out. And yes... prices, promotions and packages were different. You need US.

Sigh. Yes. Luckily I was just looking around and didn't need to do anything immediately.

A stab in the dark: do you have a VPN on that might connect you through a UK server?

No, not that I know of...

I'm in Canada and am having the same issue. I can "sign in" when looking at booking tickets/rooms etc...but as soon as I click on "My Disney Experience", I try to log in and it kicks me out and sends me back to the login page. It's like it's stuck in this loop and it's so frustrating!!! I tried clearing the history, doing a hard shutdown of the laptop, trying a different search browser beside Safari and nothing works...it's so annoying!! I really hope they fix these glitches soon...I am seeing so many posts of people not able to get on to make their fastness selections or dining reservations on their days...it's making me have anxiety for when it's my 180 & 60 day mark!!

Last edited:
yes. MDE works just fine on the app on my phone. I keep getting Olaf without his head on the computer. Strange.

Somewhat related pro-tip: when booking cruises always check the UK site of the cruise line. The prices are different, often much cheaper, and include extra perks. I booked a cruise on Royal Caribbean a few weeks ago and the price on the UK site was ~$500 cheaper AND included the alcohol package for both of us ($875 value)-- something they never offer on the US site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter