Anyone else having problems with TourGuideMike?

Do you have to pay for the subscription to find out what the crowd levels are?

He doesn't give daily crowd levels like Touring plans. Just overall levels for different weeks during the months.

He does give you a daily which park is best to visit and why. :thumbsup2

He doesn't give daily crowd levels like Touring plans. Just overall levels for different weeks during the months.

He does give you a daily which park is best to visit and why. :thumbsup2

I subscribed to TP yeaterday I think...still checking it out. The crowd level chart that gives the #'s has my level @ an 8 all 4 days...but the actual color coded calendar has all 4 days as blue which seems to be pretty moderate...IYO how bad is an 8? 9we're going anyway so I don't even know why I'm asking...)and how accurate have you found their predictions to be?

I'm glad to find this thread! I tried to purchase yesterday, also, and it came up with the error message.

What is TP? I'm not familar. I bought an AVP from TourGuideMike in 2007 when I thought we were going to spend Spring Break at Disney. Didn't use it since our plans changed.

sorry... touringplans.com...lol...I bet that's not even the right acronym...:rotfl:

I subscribed to TP yeaterday I think...still checking it out. The crowd level chart that gives the #'s has my level @ an 8 all 4 days...but the actual color coded calendar has all 4 days as blue which seems to be pretty moderate...IYO how bad is an 8? 9we're going anyway so I don't even know why I'm asking...)and how accurate have you found their predictions to be?

I don't know much about touring plans accuracy. I prefer TGM. He gives you the info you need to know which park to go to no matter what the crowd levels. He tells you crowd levels uses people. Two, three, four or five people. Then based on that tells you which park you will have a better time at no matter how crowded. Like we are going over a time that crowds are going to be 4 blue people, but I know which parks to visit to avoid the worst crowds. Sometimes mornings are different than evenings. I'm never worried about crowds with the knowledge TGM has given me. :thumbsup2

I don't know much about touring plans accuracy. I prefer TGM. He gives you the info you need to know which park to go to no matter what the crowd levels. He tells you crowd levels uses people. Two, three, four or five people. Then based on that tells you which park you will have a better time at no matter how crowded. Like we are going over a time that crowds are going to be 4 blue people, but I know which parks to visit to avoid the worst crowds. Sometimes mornings are different than evenings. I'm never worried about crowds with the knowledge TGM has given me. :thumbsup2

yeah our last trip was great using TGM...my husband is even in awe :rolleyes:..hope the site gets fixed soon...b/c mama's lost in the sauce right about now...:confused:

still not going through :confused3
Darn! An Error Has Occured ...
We must be experiencing temporary technical difficulties.

We usually know immediately if the AVP is down for any reason, so rest assured that the problem is most likely being worked on it right now. We will have the AVP back up and operating as soon as we can.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience! If you need additional assistance and would like to contact me, you can email me at:

If you need to report a problem, it is helpful to include what sort of computer, operating system, and internet browser you're using, and whether or not you're an AVP user.

I'm so glad I found this thread! I tried on Sunday to log on from home and "renew" a previous account (with the email code from TGM for the discount). I got the same error. Tried Monday at work...got the same error. I was excited to plan my trip and now I'm thinking about looking for another site to use considering the email response I got said it must be something on my end. Kind of disappointed this time but glad to know I'm not alone!! :grouphug:

Here's what I've gotten in response in case it can help anyone else - I hadn't been able to log in to the account from anywhere or sign up and I'm still not able to so he must have misunderstood my reply to the first email I sent.

I checked your AVP to ensure you could login, the Forums access was okay, there was nothing 'weird' about your username/password choices, etc. and everything is as it should be. That you can login from work tells you that it's not on our end, okay? There is 'something' on your computer that is blocking you from logging in ...

What can it be? Think about it ... Are your browser security settings so high that it keeps you from doing so without giving permission to the site (www.tourguidemike.com)? Do you have anti-spyware software that blocks all cookies? (I'm EXTREMELY security conscience because of the volume of emails I receive, and have four types of this software installed and running with no problems: Microsoft's Beta, Lavasoft Ad-Aware, Spybot Search & Destroy, and now Sunbelt Software Counterspy because it was so highly recommended by PC Magazine.)

There are no browsers that cannot access the AVP unless they're 'ancient,' so that can't be it. Are there any other sites you login to from the same computer without a problem?

AH! I just remembered a repeat AVP user a couple of months ago that was having the same problem! She had the Norton 'Suite' and its firewall was blocking her from logging too. Once she gave permission to our site via its directions, she was all set. It's basically about blocking cookies OR sites that you have to login to. Is anti-cookie software? Firewall software? Anti-virus suite type software that includes both of the previous? Does a spouse have this type software operating?

I hope something here helps jog a thought about what it can possibly be. I'm here, so please let me know??

One more thing: I want to ensure you know it's important to login with case-sensitive words -- and yours are a mix. Here's a reminder of yours via our registration database:

When did you receive an e-mail respons? I don't think anyone else has received any e-mails.

I still can't purchase, and I still have not gotten an email response, either from the contact form or emailing him directly. I have checked all of my permissions, firewalls, and cookies, and such. No issues there. Bummer! Will be interested to see what's going on and if it's a recurring problem....I don't want to pay for the service if I can't access it! (and if they aren't even able to take my money! :laughing: ) Ugh. Still waiting...

Looks like I am in the same boat - I tried to sign up twice - gave all my credit info and got error messages. I sent an e-mail 3 days ago and I have heard nothing back. I am nervous to even attempt to try again. Sounds like it would be a great help for planning but not too sure about using the company now. :confused3

I just posted about this, didn't realize there was already a thread started. I've been trying since Monday and get the same error message each time. I've tried several times a day. I sent an email about the error yesterday but haven't gotten a reply. Also emailed for my renewal discount code this past weekend and never got a reply. I really want to use TGM again, but like OP I'm going in 2 months and I need to plan which parks to visit on each day so I can plan my ADRs. Hope there's some resolution soon!

Also emailed for my renewal discount code this past weekend and never got a reply. I really want to use TGM again, but like OP I'm going in 2 months and I need to plan which parks to visit on each day so I can plan my ADRs. Hope there's some resolution soon!

Same for me - I emailed for a renewal discount code (I've used TGM for my last 3 trips!) on Saturday and again this morning. I'm so glad I saw this thread so I know I'm not alone. My ADR window opens in exactly 2 weeks and I really need that Best/Worst Park Days info. stat!

:sunny:

I sent an email 4/18 at 9:59 AM according to the email and got a response 4/18 at 8:06 with this info:

I'm sorry about that. You're all set! If you still can't for some reason on your end, just let me know, but you should be fine.

Just a reminder: Always login with the correct upper/lower case letters. Have fun in the Forums!

I replied to that on 4/19 at 11:01 am and got the reply I posted earlier on 4/19 at 12:43.

I'm sorry to hear that others aren't getting replies. I'll reply to the previous replies I've gotten to see if I can get an answer that way and repost if I hear anything...

It's working again. I found out on my own. Had I given up, like I planned, they would have never gotten my money.

Congratulations, Chris!

Thank you for purchasing your Automated Vacation Planner™! As part of a special association with DISboards.com! You saved $3.00!

Greetings! Every question asked on the next four pages will personalize your TourGuideMiKE AVP™. These forms are secure, and your vacation information is kept confidential.

Here is what we will be working on during the next few minutes:

I had the same problem over the weekend, and had an email by Monday. He was asking if I still could not get in. I haven't tried again, but I'm not worried in the least. They always return my emails.

I sent an email 4/18 at 9:59 AM according to the email and got a response 4/18 at 8:06 with this info:

I'm sorry about that. You're all set! If you still can't for some reason on your end, just let me know, but you should be fine.

Just a reminder: Always login with the correct upper/lower case letters. Have fun in the Forums!

I replied to that on 4/19 at 11:01 am and got the reply I posted earlier on 4/19 at 12:43.

I'm sorry to hear that others aren't getting replies. I'll reply to the previous replies I've gotten to see if I can get an answer that way and repost if I hear anything...

I've emailed 3 or 4 times now and never got even an automated response/confirmation. I guess I'll just keep trying. I don't want to give up on TGM - can't imagine going during the hot/busy season without it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter