Anyone else have keyless ignition/push button start

I have push to start and when my batteries died in both my fobs I was good because they open to become a key. Also it was like, 8 bucks to replace the battery in one.

That's to get someone to do it for you. What car? Most are pretty easy to DIY with basic instructions/tools.

:confused: A key that goes in an ignition somewhere and starts the vehicle? Many of us have the keys that open the door but no ignition slot anywhere.
........:o
With our Sonata, inside the console there is a slot for the key that pops out of the remote. Then again, I'm one of those guys who actually read the owners manual.

Mine has a key in the fob, but the key can only be used to open the car doors. There is a slot in the storage bin between the front seats where you insert the key fob and it will supposedly allow you to start the car even if the battery is dead. Haven't had to try that yet, so don't know if it actually works!

With our Sonata, inside the console there is a slot for the key that pops out of the remote. Then again, I'm one of those guys who actually read the owners manual.
:rotfl2:I read mine with great interest while I was sitting in the parking lot unable to start my car! No such feature in my vehicle. If there was I’d just use it like a normal keyed ignition and forget the push-start.

I have a Juke (which I adore). It has a keyless ignition. If the key fob should go dead, the car can still be started by placing the fob against the casing of the ignition button. The fob contains a key that can be used on the doors, if necessary.

If I open my door with the car running, it starts beeping. I can't imagine getting out and leaving the car running without knowing.

Different but related issue. I have an electric car that does not have an ignition or on/off switch at all. It uses the fob as a proximity sensor and if it's in the car, you shift into drive (or reverse) and go. If I lose the fob, my phone also has an app that allows me to turn the car on and off to drive. It took some getting used to, but now it's my default and I'm comfortable with it.

DH's car, on the other hand, is a standard ICE car with keyless ignition, so it does need to be turned off. It is not unusual for me to forget to turn off his car, but because I'm no longer used to turning off any car and not because I'm used to turning off the key.

My daughters car has a push button start/stop but like others it has a spot to put a key in there if it's needed. We didn't know about it until we were sitting goofing around with the key fob and it slid open to reveal a key. Then we looked online and read about it.

We bought the car used and it didn't have a manual. After that I bought a manual since I figure she may need it again sometime when she takes the car to college.

It was also missing the tire change stuff so I went and bought that too.

:confused: A key that goes in an ignition somewhere and starts the vehicle? Many of us have the keys that open the door but no ignition slot anywhere

I have a 2010 Nissan Altima and there’s a spot to stick the fob when the fob battery was dead and it started the car. I’m a big dummy when it comes to cars so I don’t know how or why it works.

That's to get someone to do it for you. What car? Most are pretty easy to DIY with basic instructions/tools.

Nissan Altima. I’m sure I could have bought the battery and figured it out but I had to get my car in the shop anyway so just had them do it for a measly 8 bucks.

Nissan Altima. I’m sure I could have bought the battery and figured it out but I had to get my car in the shop anyway so just had them do it for a measly 8 bucks.
Those are easy. The only tool you need is a flat-head screwdriver, and it takes a single CR2032 battery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter