Anyone else have a weird charge?

gismo1554

DIS Veteran
So was expecting dcl refund which has come three to one of the cards I used however I’ve just spotted on my other card I have a charge of $1 from dcl. Anyone else have this? I’m so confused

So was expecting dcl refund which has come three to one of the cards I used however I’ve just spotted on my other card I have a charge of $1 from dcl. Anyone else have this? I’m so confused
Probably just a pending charge to check the validity of the bank card. Similar to what a gas pump send out for card pre-authorization prior to pumping the gas.

Are you sure that's not just an auth check? Has it posted or is it just approved? I see those all the time, but they don't post. It's just a check to make sure they have a valid card.

But why would it auth check a refund that's what I don't understand. Its been approved which is the weird thing so I don't think it is. I've asked my TA to query as its very strange.

But why would it auth check a refund that's what I don't understand. Its been approved which is the weird thing so I don't think it is. I've asked my TA to query as its very strange.
It’s likely a test to make sure the card is still active before they put through the refund. check again. Is it still there? If it was just an auth, it should go away. If it’s an actual charge, it will post and stay on your bill.

Yep its still there. Its a real charge as been there three days - as said it has posted its not a hold charge they show differently on my account. Its also had an associated "foreign currency" charge with it as its a UK credit card and these don't show until its actually gone through as they work it out based on the rate on the day. Thanks all. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't something that was normal before my TA looked into it further

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter