Anyone else hate Jungle Cruise?

Nope not alone-can't stand it. It does not help that last year I was standing waiting to get on and it was later in the evening and I saw a GIANT cockroach (or what looked to be a cockroach) scurry across the back of the boat. There was no enjoying that ride at all. All I could think about was that bug! My kids don't like it either and they are 11 and 5.

Half of the left side of the boat did "the wave" last year after our son spotted a big bug scurrying down the benched seating!

That's funny I feel the same way, but felt it was Disney Blasphemy to be honest and state it.

I don't hate it honestly, but if I never rode it again I wouldn't be sad. I still ride it just to relax, but I can miss it...

Outdated animatronics and the ride just feels outdated to me....

...but seriously...the enjoyment that you got out of it when you were 7 is the same enjoyment that a child will get today if they are 7. It's OK if the attraction has worn thin on you as you got older. But it is the kind of attraction that will entertain the young and young at heart forever, especially if it is their first time on the ride.

My kids, especially DS15, love the horrible puns. (He's quite adept at them himself and I'm often subjected to much worse at home...) Not my favorite, but as others have said, a good skipper can make or break this ride. Since we usually go during the holiday season these days, it's more fun to ride at night as the Jingle Cruise.

My dh talked me into going on this last year. We hadnt been on it in years.

I decided to stay in the wheelchair because of my mobility issues. It was not a good decision. It took forever to load and unload me. I didnt like the motion or how it was done. I should say the cast members were great and cracking up jokes on the boat while everyone had to wait for me but I am def. skipping this the next time. If my dh wants to go he can go. I will people watch somewhere.

Adding this to the been there and done that once list.

A good skipper and the jokes make the ride for me. Riding around and staring at a fiberglass animal seems like a boring concept.

Exactly.

It was amazing 40+ years ago. It isn't today.

I disagree. DH disagrees. And most importantly when thinking of things that are vintage, my 11 year old disagrees vehemently as well.

Are there any major differences in the sights between MK' s Jungle Cruise and DL' s ?

Yes. Only one I can think of immediately is the temple ruins.

Where we heard the best line....was silent as a ruined, er, ruin, and the skipper turned out the light, waited, then he started singing "there's no earthly way of knowing....."

Anyone freaked by roaches needs to stay OUT of Florida.

I like it but it's a museum piece at this point. I also like CoP and CBJ and Tiki Room in the same way.

We rode it last night after WAY too long of a wait. Our skipper was horrible. He said all the jokes but he just ran through them and had really bad timing. Felt bad for him as no one even snickered. He didn't leave anytime between jokes for anyone to "get" them before he was onto his next line......just sad.

Most of my family don't get it, whilst for me it it quintessentially Disney and I love the attraction :)

Nope not alone-can't stand it. It does not help that last year I was standing waiting to get on and it was later in the evening and I saw a GIANT cockroach (or what looked to be a cockroach) scurry across the back of the boat.

Anyone freaked by roaches needs to stay OUT of Florida.

Google for: Florida palmetto bugs.

(They are somewhat infamous at the Swiss Family Treehouse at dusk.)

We love it, especially at night. It adds to the ambiance. Its one of my favorite rides ever.

I love Jungle Cruise. It is one of the first rides I remember riding as a child with my parents. Of course, its dated but that's also part of the appeal. I really enjoy it after dark. Makes it just a teensy bit edgier (if that's possible LOL). I also enjoy the Jingle Cruise overlay. I don't think its better, just different. Last time I was there, a huge palmetto bug skittered behind me and a couple of other women seated on the bench next to me. Everyone thought it was a roach. The other women jumped up and swatted it (inadvertently) toward me. That made me jump up, too. Our Boat Captain firmly asked us to sit down because, as she explained, "if the boat tips over, there are much scarier things in the water than that bug!" And she wasn't doing schtick from the ride. That water is pretty murky and nasty. So we all sat down pronto. Bug or no bug :-) Man, you gotta love the Jungle Cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter