Anyone else going late June?

It will be really interesting to see what ends up happening. I would hope they would prioritize opening all the pools at the resorts...going to the pool is kind of the only thing to do. I understand if they don't, but it could be kind of crushing to walk past stormalong bay and not be able to swim there. I guess lifeguard staffing could effect that. No need at the quiet pools. Also, sending everyone at all the hotels to Disney Springs to eat will create a lot of traffic there too. Maybe each hotel will look at how many rooms are booked and decide individually which amenities and restaurants to open? Offering 'take out' at a table service would be nice in addition to the quick service, but also probably not going to happen. Looking forward to reading people's experiences once the resorts open!

Interesting point about Disney springs i didn't think of. For a couple of weeks DS will be the only place to eat if resort restaurants are not open. Could definitely cause capacity issues at DS

I will be there june 22nd and will update.

Can't wait to hear how things go on June 22nd! We're crossing our fingers, desperate for sunshine and fresh air!

Currently DVC is allowing points from close-in cancellations (<30d) to be returned to the UY -- not a holding account. We'll see when that ends too -- if the experience as of June 22nd is rough, then we could maybe still cancel. Who knows! Another day, another adventure with DVC policies :-)

Now it seems worse than our stays during Irma and Dorian
We’ll be there June 26-29
We have poly, then treehouse, then AKL Savannah view, but no feature pools? 🤷‍♀️

*Looking up that new pirate hotel at Legoland*

Now it seems worse than our stays during Irma and Dorian
We’ll be there June 26-29
We have poly, then treehouse, then AKL Savannah view, but no feature pools? 🤷‍♀️

*Looking up that new pirate hotel at Legoland*

That is the latest plan with pools, but they obviously could decide to do something different.

I think at SSR all pools should be open as that resort is all DVC ..at AKL,, it’s a little tougher to know if they will have both pools open.

I am going to think if they have guests at both Jambo and Kidani, they would because if not, you are putting people on buses, which closes them in more.

We booked 7/6-7/10. We just want to get away and pretty much do nothing. It will be dramatically different for us to be at WDW with little to no planning. So we will hit Disney springs, maybe mini golf will be open. We are thinking about getting a rental car and checking out the resorts. We are also secretly hoping that they do a soft opening during this time and maybe we will actually get into a park. Who knows what will happen.

We booked 7/6-7/10. We just want to get away and pretty much do nothing. It will be dramatically different for us to be at WDW with little to no planning. So we will hit Disney springs, maybe mini golf will be open. We are thinking about getting a rental car and checking out the resorts. We are also secretly hoping that they do a soft opening during this time and maybe we will actually get into a park. Who knows what will happen.

I think its a pretty HIGH chance those dates will be the soft opening dates.

We have some points that were banked into our Dec19 use year and need to be used or lost before Nov 30th. Being as our travel is super restricted in the fall due to school/testing schedules, we are thinking about going in late June -- every resort is bookable for basically June 22nd through July 11th LOL. We're thinking of resort hopping a bit, checking out resorts we haven't stayed in before, dipping in the pools every day, staying kind of quiet, maybe shopping at bit at Disney Springs and trying whatever restaurant happens to be open in each resort -- heck they're all pretty good.

Anyone else have this idea? Don't mind wearing masks, don't usually get the chance to see the resorts when things are quiet, counting on Disney to make this nice enough, and figure otherwise the points are probably going to vanish since fall availability (ours and DVC's) is looking very limited.
I think this sounds like a most excellent plan!!! If I were in your situation, I would totally do it! We might end up doing a quick trip down over the July 4th weekend, since, as you mentioned, there is availability almost everywhere! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter