Anyone else getting this issue with DAS?

Fldisneyfamily4321

DIS Veteran
we are heading back in April but the last few trips we have had several issues with the hand held DAS units not working properly or have dead batteries , they tend to just either put us on through or hand write a pass which is fine but it takes a bit of back and forth between CM to come up with a solution after having to find one that works .

Happens every trip that I go there is some issue, I do not mind it, sure it takes longer but without the DAS there would be no way I could be at Disney longer than just 2 hours at most and do I would not be able to do that many rides.

Happens every trip that I go there is some issue, I do not mind it, sure it takes longer but without the DAS there would be no way I could be at Disney longer than just 2 hours at most and do I would not be able to do that many rides.

Yeh , I figured when it first started it would just take a bit to work out the bugs in the system but it has seemed like it’s just going to be on going .. which most of the time is fine because they just send us on through the FP line but it does sometimes hold up everyone else behind us when they go around searching for ones that work or have batteries lol I think on our last trip we had a whole day where not one worked in two parks
I am glad for the system don’t get me wrong , it would be almost impossible without it but I do feel bad for the people waiting behind us in the line while they search for working machines lol

Yeh , I figured when it first started it would just take a bit to work out the bugs in the system but it has seemed like it’s just going to be on going .. which most of the time is fine because they just send us on through the FP line but it does sometimes hold up everyone else behind us when they go around searching for ones that work or have batteries lol I think on our last trip we had a whole day where not one worked in two parks
I am glad for the system don’t get me wrong , it would be almost impossible without it but I do feel bad for the people waiting behind us in the line while they search for working machines lol
When I get a return time I just go up to the CM that has the thing ( it ask who has the DASteturn thing) so I do not hold anyone up in line

When I get a return time I just go up to the CM that has the thing ( it ask who has the DASteturn thing) so I do not hold anyone up in line

No , I meant WHILE getting the return time , normally the person that keeps it is also in the FP line so sometimes it will hold up the people behind me also trying to get a DAS also ... I’m glad they have it but it’s crazy how much they are not working .

No , I meant WHILE getting the return time , normally the person that keeps it is also in the FP line so sometimes it will hold up the people behind me also trying to get a DAS also ... I’m glad they have it but it’s crazy how much they are not working .
Oh,I normally do not have anyone waiting behind me and when I do they are there for the same resion ( sometimes I have had guest try to get there DAS while I am and not want to wait ) but for the most part there normally is not a guest behind me waiting ( for some ride there are FOP and 7DMT there normally are. I do not care if it takes me longer to get on a ride about 99% of the time I show up for my retrun time an hour or so after the start so what is an extra 2-5 minutes

LOl yeh I agree .. no my annoyance was just US holding up others because of the broken equipment, for whatever reason we always end up with a line behind us waiting ..

On our last trip (in September), we only used the DAS a few times over the course of 9 days due to low crowds, but every time we tried to get a return time, there was an issue with the handheld device. Only once did it actually work and we got a return time assigned to our magic bands. The other times, we were either given a written pass with a return time equal to the standby time less 10 minutes or a written pass with the return time written to allow us immediate access. It wasn't what I was expecting, but the CMs seemed really frustrated with the electronic devices. The times we were given immediate access were times when we were standing there several minutes while they tried to get the handheld device to work. The CMs felt bad that we were standing there for so long while they tried to get the thing to work. And those were also the times when guests were stuck waiting behind us while the CMs tried to make it work.

This was the first time we experienced so many issues with it. On previous trips, there might have been one time per trip when the CMs weren't able to get the device to work, but all the other times it did.

On our last trip (in September), we only used the DAS a few times over the course of 9 days due to low crowds, but every time we tried to get a return time, there was an issue with the handheld device. Only once did it actually work and we got a return time assigned to our magic bands. The other times, we were either given a written pass with a return time equal to the standby time less 10 minutes or a written pass with the return time written to allow us immediate access. It wasn't what I was expecting, but the CMs seemed really frustrated with the electronic devices. The times we were given immediate access were times when we were standing there several minutes while they tried to get the handheld device to work. The CMs felt bad that we were standing there for so long while they tried to get the thing to work. And those were also the times when guests were stuck waiting behind us while the CMs tried to make it work.

This was the first time we experienced so many issues with it. On previous trips, there might have been one time per trip when the CMs weren't able to get the device to work, but all the other times it did.

YES!! exactly the issue .. hoping they get some devices that work better soon .

I don't view getting a paper return time as a bad thing. Just sayin' ......

No .. that is actually better because it gives us more options but the wait to get that and the hold up in the line is more of a issue .. actually most of the time they just send us on through but that’s after the whole search for a working machine ... lol

Also when people feel like your holding up a line for DAS let’s just say some people can be pretty nasty .. although over the years I learned to just ignore most of that . I kind of like the newer system because before when u had a card the nasty looks and comments were a big issue .. with this hardly anyone knows .

Also when people feel like your holding up a line for DAS let’s just say some people can be pretty nasty .. although over the years I learned to just ignore most of that . I kind of like the newer system because before when u had a card the nasty looks and comments were a big issue .. with this hardly anyone knows .
I have only had one simi nasty commit from someone when I was trying to get a return time at 7DMT the CM just looked at her and said I am going to give this guest a retrun time and when I am done I will give you one. The guest never said a word.

Now with the old one where you would have to hand the card to the CM at the second touch point and wait for them to cross out the time I had a number of guests go in front of me then want there whole party ( and I seemed to always be in front of the big groups of 10+ but they would then want there the whole group to go in front of me. I had one guy behind me at space tell me I did not have a Disability and that I did not need a Pass and he went on ( very loundly) a maniger ended up comjing to him and telling him they would have him leave if he could not be quiet she got me on the ride a few people early and then was waiting for me when I got off ( he was in the car behind me) the maniger gave me a few any time FP and say sorry had had to deal with the rude person she then stoped him I hard her say something to him about him being rude to other guests, but did not stay he hear anything more than that.

Needless to say, I like the new way 100% better than before

Our last couple of trips the only place we were issued paper passes was Dumbo and the Safari. I don't think we've ever NOT gotten a paper pass from Safari. One CM we spoke to said that the WiFi connection there was bad and it very rarely worked. Still, they try it over and over again. You'd think at some point they'd either boost the connection in that spot or just issue the paper ones and not even bother with trying the iPad.

There are multiple reasons the handheld readers will not work. Sometimes battery issues, but often it’s wifi connection.
When that has happened, we’ve almost always gotten a paper return time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter