Anyone else getting concerned?

_Laurie_D

Mouseketeer
We are suppose to be arriving next Friday for a week stay onsite. We plan to visit all 3 parks. The news is starting to worry me about all the cases in Florida right now. Unfortunately we booked after the June 30th worry free booking deadline for 24 hour cancellation so our booking is subject to the 5 day cancellation policy so I need to decide ASAP. Anyone else still going this month? Anyone else NOT worried? Lol

We're still going. I won't say I'm not concerned - I am - but from what I've heard the majority of the cases are in southern Florida. Looking at this map ( https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/county-map.html?state=FL )Orange county actually has less cases per 1000 people than the county I typically do my grocery shopping in. (I live right by a county line.) We're planning on driving down with minimal stops. Once we are in the "Universal bubble" we plan on staying there instead of going to I Drive, etc for dinner and I'm planning on bringing our groceries with us so we don't have to go to the grocery store. We will only be eating outdoors or in our hotel room. We will be avoiding transportation and walking as much as possible. Both kids have become fairly accustomed to wearing masks and are really good about sanitizing their hands properly. The only park that concerns me is VB because there are so many areas where you can't wear a mask and I've heard there are bottlenecks for food but we've agreed that if we're not comfortable we will leave.

I've been keeping an eye on crowd levels and, honestly, if attendance numbers weren't so low I would reconsider but I feel like UO has done a good job with its requirements. Between the FB passholder groups, Youtube vloggers and the boards I know what to expect. It will be a very different trip from before but we are going to make the best of it (with lots of masks and hand sanitizer).

We are going last week of July, we went a couple of days after they reopened , and it was different but not bad at all. funny though the thing I noticed and missed was the sounds of guests screaming, laughing , seeing people smile . Seemed very quite.

My family’s trip is July 26 - 31st and yes I’m getting a tad nervous but ultimately I think Disney will remain open.

Honestly I wouldn't be overly worried. UO and Seaworld have both been open for over a month now and no outbreaks have been traced back to theme parks. The major problem areas appear to be bars, nightclubs, parties, etc. Anywhere that you have a large group of people crammed in a tight indoor space not practicing social distancing or wearing masks. That's why you've seen big outbreaks in the Miami/Dade area, for example. The theme parks have done a great job of mitigating a lot of the risks, putting some great practices in place, etc. Beyond that, it's just a matter of being smart. Wear a mask, distance yourself, etc. If you see a clump of people that looks iffy, avoid it. If you go into a restaurant that doesn't look properly distanced, try somewhere else. Personally I think a lot of the risk can be avoided just by being smart, using your best judgement, and not putting yourself in a situation that looks risky (e.g. sitting down/standing shoulder-to-should at a crowded bar).

All-in-all tho, IMO, theme parks and even hotels are fairly safe places to be when the right practices are in place like UO has done.

We aren't planning on going until October, but I'm less concerned with going to Universal & flying (flew to FL for business last month, easy and uncomplicated and I've got no hesitation about flying again) than I am with state borders being closed on us. So far, so good here in MD.
Watching & waiting, fingers crossed.
Hope it works out for everyone w/ reservations this month and next.

We are supposed to be at DW from sept 7 to sept 18. Probably would have not done parks anyway but we will cancel in early August if the Covid numbers haven’t come down.

I just canceled for mid-August, mostly because I have other travel planned for September that I can't reschedule if I get sick or need to quarantine, and I'm not confident things will be better in FL by August. I'm hoping to reschedule for October but will probably wait a bit to see how things are shaking out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter