Anyone else get sick from Christmas/NYE at the parks?

Torontogal

Mouseketeer & Disney Vacation Club Member
So, I got Covid last year from our holiday trip 2022 & this year I picked up some kind of chest infection. Not too surprised given the insane crowds everywhere. We were at Epcot for NYE both times. What a blast! How do you guys build your immunity up for Disney holiday trips? Seems like everyone was coughing or sneezing. Anyone else sick?

We were at EPCOT on NYE and my wife has a terrible upper respiratory infection. Not sure what it was, but a terrible cough, sore throat and headache.

We both came back with sinus infections from h-e-hockey sticks. We came down with it at the tail end of our trip (Dec 8th-19th) and wore face coverings the last day and to travel back. I am just starting to feel better after three weeks or so, partner has been better for a few more days than me but both of us have residual congestion and hacking.

I expected this honestly--packing allergy meds, decongestants, cough drops, nasal spray to bring a shred of relief was wise.

I hope everyone who is under the weather feels better soon. Copious amounts of hot soup and warm tea got me through!

I had a *really* bad sinus infection over Thanksgiving. That lasted nearly 4 weeks! The worse sinus bug I've ever had!
Went to Orlando end of December and tested positive for Covid - dang it!

Feel better soon to those on the Disboards that are sick

Last edited:

I tested positive for covid last day of our 6 day New Years trip. Felt like a bad sinus infection and tired on our drive home. We did actually wear masks in indoor queues so we could avoid getting sick right at beginning of our trip, but we didn’t wear them for the Cirque show/running into a shop or our 2 indoor meals (we are festival booth grazers). Oh well. Luckily it was 24 hours of feeling blah and it went away pretty quickly.

We have an elementary aged child at home that attends school so we are exposed to all manner of germs.

Some might say this is how we build up immunity for Disney trips - we catch all the nasty bugs year round at home.

I picked up covid while there in early December. It feels difficult to avoid germs from all over the world at the house of mouse

We use this product whenever we’re traveling and I can say that we haven’t gotten sick even once! Most recently, we used it when flying over the Christmas break. Tons of people coughing all over the place and we managed to escape it all!

Nozin nasal sanitizer

So, I got Covid last year from our holiday trip 2022 & this year I picked up some kind of chest infection. Not too surprised given the insane crowds everywhere. We were at Epcot for NYE both times. What a blast! How do you guys build your immunity up for Disney holiday trips? Seems like everyone was coughing or sneezing. Anyone else sick?
Not going to be popular here, but we seriously cut down on how frequently we were getting sick at WDW by wearing masks while indoors. I just came back from a 12 day trip and my entire family and I stayed healthy, but we masked indoors (and only ate one meal at an indoor restaurant, the rest were outside). We took our masks off outside, on any fast-moving rides our outdoor rides, or if we were able to score the front row of a ride and nobody behind us was obviously coughing, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter