• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else feel like this?

luvthemouse71

Former Ride Chicken...
Ever since the discovery of the new terrorist plot, I've been feeling not so excited about my upcoming trip to WDW in September. Don't get me wrong, I still want to go, but I feel like there's this small grey cloud hanging over this trip now. It doesn't help that my sis(she's going too) is always nervous when she flies and this has just upped her anxiety level...I know, I should just suck it up because we can't live our lives in fear and we'll probably have an awesome time-I think I'm just so excited to be going that anything that could go wrong really bugs me. Just venting. :crazy:

luvthemouse71 said:
Ever since the discovery of the new terrorist plot, I've been feeling not so excited about my upcoming trip to WDW in September. Don't get me wrong, I still want to go, but I feel like there's this small grey cloud hanging over this trip now. It doesn't help that my sis(she's going too) is always nervous when she flies and this has just upped her anxiety level...I know, I should just suck it up because we can't live our lives in fear and we'll probably have an awesome time-I think I'm just so excited to be going that anything that could go wrong really bugs me. Just venting. :crazy:

SAME HERE

Whenever the thought of "The Terrorist Plot" comes into your head, start humming It's a Small World.

You're safe. Enjoy your trip and stop dwelling on bad things that are happening 5000 miles away in another country - otherwise you'll get an ulcer.

I know, it's so weird that I'm feeling like this(although it's starting to go away.) I'm normally the one who says that you have to live your life and have fun and that we can't let the terrorists win by being afraid all the time. I have also been telling myself that now is probably the SAFEST time to go because the airlines will be very vigilant. I'll be fine. I was just in a little funk there...the antidote for that is more planning and reading of travel books and this board! princess:

I understand how you feel . I am a natural worrier. Though the places that worry me the most are not big theme parks with security but smaller places that no one worries about. I have never felt unsafe at Disney. The truth of it is you never know what can happen and if and when it will happen. So enjoy it all and don't ruin todays fun worrying about things that probably will never happen. :goodvibes Thats what I try to do.

I am worried also, I leave 8/19 from New York. The only think I feel secure about is the airline security will be even more over the top.

Not this plot so much as 9 11, we had a trip booked for that November, and I had a terrible sense of gloom about getting on a plane, long story short, we cancelled, much to DH protest and we lost the moola we had already paid for airline...but I just couldn't do it.....This plot doesn't affect me dreaming of our vaca in the winter. I guess I let them win one, they aren't going to ruin another and win again...not for me, anyway.

What ever you do, don't let terrorists get in your head and ruin your vacation!
We can't control every situation, whether its on a plane, in a car, in a store or even hidden under the cover in our bedroom.
Life is soooo short, it really doesn't last long, so to let something get in your head and take over and ruin one of the best vacations ever would be horrible!! What a loss! Not to mention a huge waste of time and energy!

DO WHAT YOU CAN, WHEN YOU CAN, FORGET THE REST!!! :cloud9:

Well, if you are like me, you are just so darn excited about being at WDW that you are so afraid that something is going to jinx the excitement!!!

I worry about celebrating too much on the DIS!!! I worry that if I plan too much then something will go wrong. I try not to think about the trip, but I am on DIS everyday!!!

The last 2 times we went to WDW, when we got back someone had died. It sounds awful, but I am terrified that something will happen again this time!

I did not travel when I was a kid, so it means so much to me now that I have children of my own. I want them to enjoy vacations, as well as I enjoy them!! I absolutely love WDW, and I think when you love something like that, you tend to be more paranoid that something will take it away from you.

I think flying right now would be the safest thing ever!!! I felt that way right after 9/11 also.

Try not to worry! I know it is easier said than done, but if we all keep patting each other on the back, then everything will be fine!!

Have a great trip!! :cool1: :yay: :cool1:

My very first solo trip was just a couple of months after 9/11- did it make me a little nervous? Yep. Did I have a great time anyway? Yep!!

that is a good thing that they did catch them in time before anything did happen, but im not letting it get in between me and Mickey!!!!!

We had a vacation planned for DL in California 1 month after 9/11. I thought that maybe we should cancel but DH said it would be the best time to fly. With security being at such a high level we did feel safer. The pilot even asked my DH and another guy to please sit on the aisle seats and watch his back, no problem. I tend to spend a lot of time on flights in prayer anyway. I get too nervous to concentrate on anything for very long while flying except my prayers.

DH and I leave for a long weekend to WDW without the kids on 8/17/06 and return 8/21/06. We plan to have a great time.

Yvette
:Pinkbounc

Naaah. We have a cross-country fight scheduled for next weekend. I figure if we're gonna fly, now's the time. Unless I see storm troopers in downtown Atlanta, I'm going to let the folks whose job it is to keep us safe do all the worrying.

WillCAD said:
Whenever the thought of "The Terrorist Plot" comes into your head, start humming It's a Small World.

You're safe. Enjoy your trip and stop dwelling on bad things that are happening 5000 miles away in another country - otherwise you'll get an ulcer.

Unfortunately I am 5000 miles away in 'another country' and have to make that transatlantic flight to be with the mouse on Tuesday. Us brits flying to the USA may only take on board a clear ziploc with keys, wallet, tissues and medical items - nothing else, not even reading material.

While I am not critiscising or flaming, I'm just asking you to spare a though for the worry and angst that we are going through over here.

WillCAD said:

I would have thought that ANYTHING more likely to stop people going would be thinking of Its a small world, imagine being stuck on that for a few hours.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Yep, I am really not looking forward to the flight this time. I honestly just don't see any way to keep someone from smuggling a liquid if they want to. Too hard to see on an x-ray and they already said it can not be detected by dogs or " sniffer Technology" so....

Sorry for the doom and gloom, but yes I am concerned.

I think I would feel safer in NOTHING was allowed on board. :confused3

I just flew this morning with my family and I will continue to fly. I was definitely more aware of my surroundings but I am not going to let them completely change how I live my life. :thumbsup2

Unfortunately our lives have and will be forever changed after September 11th.. I understand how you feel.. but I also feel that if we live our lives in fear than they win.. I will continue to do as I do every day and live my life to the fullest..

I haven't read all the posts because I need to get back to work...
But just wanted to say that we went to WDW two weeks after 9/11. I too was tempted to cancel, especially since I was afraid I'd have a panic attack and totally lose it on the plane. But the kids still really wanted to go and I didn't want to let the terrorists control my life, so we went any way. It was a great trip and we have fond memories of it.

Please, go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter