Anyone else eagerly awaiting reviews of the "improved" Wishes Dessert Party?

Thank you for the review. I am booked alone for a MVMCP in Nov (I may add DD who is doing her CP if she wants) and again in Jan with DH. I was surprised that I had no problems getting a table with DH. I just happened to look and there were lots of openings. I will have to keep checking back to decide whether or not we go.

DH loved the old party and the SWW party.

question>> did you happen to notice if any of the desserts were sugar free or no sugar added? I know the fruit and cheese fit this criteria but wonder if there are pastries /cookies/ice cream with that dietary modification.
I did not see anything sugar free or no sugar added. If it was there I would have noticed.

"allaboutthemouse,
Couple questions if you don't mind....

What are those little round things with the Mickey ears?
Good catch--I missed that on my list but added it now--"Oreo Mickey Mouse"

If that person in your last picture with the white shirt with numbers on it(65?) were to stay in his seat to watch the fireworks, would the overhang be in his way? In other words, if he didn't want to b with all the others at the railing, could he sit there and still have a decent view?
#65 would not be able to stay at his seat and see. There is too much of an overhang from that far back.

Did you say there was hot chocolate AND "sipping chocolate?" What is the difference?
The sipping chocolate was like a liquid room temp chocolate. Hot chocolate was available in packets to make with the hot water.

Did you feel like you had to stuff your plate the first go around to make sure you got stuff before they ran out? Or were the desserts replenished well?
My reservation info says to check in an hour early, are the desserts there that early? How much time will I have to stuff my face?:tongue:
I stuffed my plate and there was plenty more to stuff it with again later! Yes, the desserts were well replenished. Fireworks on our night started at 10 p.m. the dessert party was scheduled to being at 9 p.m. but they started check in at 8:45 p.m. and the food was available then. I only noticed one family that showed up at 10 p.m. there was still food out then but I'm sure they were not replenishing any more. In fact I think I took most of the posted food cart pics around 9:45 p.m. Showing up at 10 p.m. would be "late" in my opinion. As soon as the fireworks were over, we cleared out. You'll have a good hour to stuff your face. You'll be pretty well stuffed in the first half hour!!

I did think about the Pirates and Pals cruise, but thought it would be a bit cool on the water at night in Dec, also really don't have time to fit it in.
I will just pray there are no "jerks" on our night, putting kids on shoulders!
If you want to do that, how bout you not get at the railing and stand back a bit.
Looking forward to more reviews ......

question>> did you happen to notice if any of the desserts were sugar free or no sugar added? I know the fruit and cheese fit this criteria but wonder if there are pastries /cookies/ice cream with that dietary modification.

We've done the dessert party twice and each time noted in the reservation that DH has a nut allergy, and when we sat down they brought him a special plate of nut-free desserts. I'd imagine if you put a note in your reservation about the sugar restriction they would make sure you got something. DH's desserts were fantastic, fwiw. obviously, this was the old party, as the new menu just went into effect. :)

Thank you for the review. I am booked alone for a MVMCP in Nov (I may add DD who is doing her CP if she wants) and again in Jan with DH. I was surprised that I had no problems getting a table with DH. I just happened to look and there were lots of openings. I will have to keep checking back to decide whether or not we go.

DH loved the old party and the SWW party.

The SWW party looks awesome and like a real bargain compared to the new Wishes party. The desserts at SWW are so pretty and well themed, and the alcoholic drinks look delicious. I can't wait to try it when we go in June.

Our last three trips we done the dessert party and I loved them. The one thing I always found missing was the music. They don't seem to pipe the music right into the restaurant. You can hear the music from a distance, but you are not immersed in the music like you are when in the hub. I was hoping that with the new party and price, that they might have improved the sound system. Have they?

Thank you for the review.

We've done the old Wishes dessert party and are doing the new one in a few weeks time with our families a few days before our wedding. Our families have never seen the fireworks (my OH's family are first timers so the whole Disney experience is new to them) I'm really looking forward to it. Thanks again :)

We've done the old party 4 times. Love it. Desserts are just ok, view and lack of crowd is amazing. We are doing it again in December only because we booked it for Dec 26 and we know it will be crazy crowded. Not site if we will do it on a regular crowd trip.

Our last three trips we done the dessert party and I loved them. The one thing I always found missing was the music. They don't seem to pipe the music right into the restaurant. You can hear the music from a distance, but you are not immersed in the music like you are when in the hub. I was hoping that with the new party and price, that they might have improved the sound system. Have they?

The sound was great when I was there a few weeks ago. I'd never been before so I can't say if it was fixed, but it was definitely coming through loud and clear on the terrace.

Illuminations wasn't worrh it for us. We were exhausted and the tables are so tall so if you sit on the ground it's just weird. The desserts selection wasn't great at all. Almost no chocolate. Who has a dessert party with no chocolate? This party at least has chocolate and cupcakes! I'd do it over illuminations any day.

I posted my review of the new Wishes Dessert Party event about a week ago at Mealtrip.com, along with around 45 photos...

http://mealtrip.com/wishes-dessert-party-magic-kingdom-fireworks.asp

wishes-dessert-party-sparkling-cider-flutes.jpg

wishes-dessert-party-chocolate-peanut-butter-tart.jpg

wishes-dessert-party-tabletop.jpg

That totally bothered my husband and I too! The sound was horrible when we were there in May!

Thanks whamma and mealtrip for the reviews and pictures! I've got reservations for Dec as MVMCP is 4 nights that week and the night we're seeing Wishes is also evening EMH so it will be crowded. It's a surprise for my friend and her teenage daughter, their first visit. I'm hoping the Ghiradelli brownie is still there and will have mint flavoring for that season.

I did not see anything sugar free or no sugar added. If it was there I would have noticed.

Fruit? If you don't count natural sugar. Tea and coffee.

Thank you for the review.

We've done the old Wishes dessert party and are doing the new one in a few weeks time with our families a few days before our wedding. Our families have never seen the fireworks (my OH's family are first timers so the whole Disney experience is new to them) I'm really looking forward to it. Thanks again :)

You will have a blast. Some folks just can't have fun at Disney without a non Disney price. Don't listen to them. It's an awesome time.

I noticed that there is a 5 day cancellation policy for this event compared to only 1 day for the Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter