Anyone eaten at Ohana's?

KayleeUK

Still here.....
Hi

I am thinking of trying Ohana's on our next trip. DH fancies the menu but I am a Veggie. Has anyone eaten here? Will I be OK for food.

Kaylee

Hi Kaylee

Sorry don't have an answer for you, as I am a veggie too and as we are now planning on staying at the Polynesian for the last 4 nights of our stay, I would be interested to know whether there is anything we can eat!

Anyone have a clue? :D

We've eaten at Ohanas once - and wouldn't return. The food is brought to your table on long skewers and is mostly meat - turkey, beef, sausages, chicken etc. It was very bland - my children hardly ate anything. There is no choice - its all you can eat, except they bring ithe food to you. Sorry I can't be more positive - we tried it as we were staying in the Poly at the time.

It's funny how opinions vary isn't it? I went to 'Ohanas last December and loved it! It <b>IS</b> heavily biased to meat though. I seem to recall some of the appetisers were veggie based which you can have as much as you like of. Are you strictly veggie or do you eat fish as well? One of the skewered meals is big juicy shrimp if you do, but if not, it'll be a little limited I think.

Mind you, the Fresh Pineapple with hot caramel for dessert is to die for! You could just eat that for starters, dinner <i>and</i> pudding :D

Penny :)

Got to agree with everything Penny's said. We love O Hannas but then we like meat. I can't see how a non-meat eater would justify the cost of O'Hannas given they would be sorely limited on food items.

I also love Ohana but, would not enjoy it if I didn't eat meat. From what I remember, you mostly get meat and noodles. Noodles are nice but, not on their own. Maybe you could call the Polynesian ahead and ask if they do a vegetarian option at Ohana. It's worth a try - that way you could both enjoy it.

we were at Ohana;s last week and absolutely loved it - but it is all meat - however, this being disney, I would be amazed if they didn't have a veggie option, even if it meant them creating something especially for you - I would ring disney dining and ask.

at boma we saw the chef giving a couple a guided tour of the buffet, sa they had some specific requirements (I think one was diabetic and the other allergic to tomatoes), and the chef talked them through every single dish telling them what was in each and which were not suitable - I was impressed, so based on that I would expect they had a veggie alternative

Bev

Kaylee, I just found this mentioned on the Restaurant Board....

<i>For the vegetarians out there. There is a vegetarian menu. Just ask for it when you get there. A friend of mine really enjoyed her meal. The chef came out and asked her likes and dislikes and prepared her own all you can platter.
</i>

Hope that helps!

Penny :D

Originally posted by LynetteB
...... There is no choice - its all you can eat, except they bring ithe food to you

how typically american - an all you can eat buffet which you don't even have to get up out of your chair....

what next, they'll have a waiter chewing your food for you?? :rolleyes:

neil

(only joking of course!)

.... or they wont let us into the US ;-)

(I love American food, so am really looking to my up coming trip - including a reservation which I have mad at O'hanas :-))) ).

Boo

We've been to Ohanas twice for character B/Fsts & thoroughly enjoyed ourselves , conga around tables - more than enough food & more brought to your table as go keep going [ well I don't like to leave anything ! ] .

Thoroughly enjojable experience !

Kev :)

Ohanas is one of those restaurants that really goes out of its way to help people with extra dietary requirements, especially at dinner. Each of the main restaurants at the Deluxe resorts are prepared (and quite keen) to go the extra mile if asked, and you will often find they will cater for vegetarians or even those on a gluten-free diet to a highly personal level. It is just anotrher example of the 'disney difference.' I also love the ambience here in the evening (and, if you want to cause a ruction - try asking the waiter/waitress for the salt and see what happens!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter